Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Try2Reach

Random Crazy Chin Breakout (Cyst?)

Hello guys, I am a 23 year old Male with oily/combination skin. Currently I have had a huge breakout on my chin with what is believed to be cyst. They start off as red, tender flat bumps, eventually get larger and form a whitehead. Generally my skin is pretty clear but I do get random breakouts like this on my chin maybe once a year or so. It started off as 1 bump, and it grew and looked like it had 2-3 smaller whiteheads on it. That eventually popped on its own with a little bit of my help once I saw that it was popped. Ever since that one dissapeared, I've been having similar bumps, but usually grow to only 1 whitehead. After that, I noticed that they started to come out together, generally close to each other. I started getting some on the left and right side of my chin close to my mouth and bottom of my chin. 

I have been using Tactuo/Epiduo for over a year and I do not experience many break outs, maybe 1-2 pimples here and there but thats all. This has happened before, but not to this extreme. ALSO, 2-3 weeks ago I had stopped this regime because I did not have insurance to pay for the expensive Epiduo and my skin was looking good so I thought I would see if I needed to continue using it. After 1-2 cyst formed, I started my normal regime again right away (maybe a week ago) but the cyst are still coming.

Some information about myself: I shower once in the morning and once at night, shampoo/conditioner almost every night, after my night shower I cleanse my face with SpectroGel, wait for my skin to dry, then apply the Benzoyl Peroxide cream (Epiduo). This regime has been working great for me for the past 1-2 years. I noticed that just recently, I have been drinking alot of Starbucks lately (In the past 2 weeks before this happened, I drank a latte for almost everday of the week). I did a lot of research recently and noticed that milk/dairy is bad for acne because of the hormones that may cause your skin to get more oily than normal. 

ANYWAYS. That is what I believe may have caused this breakout, but for the past couple days (3-5 days), I have cut dairy out entirely and have been trying to eat a lot healthier (fruits, veggies, etc.). 

When I finally feel like my skin is getting better because no new bumps come up and my old ones are going away, I notice the tender feeling under my skin and know that a new bump is on the way... For example, yesterday I had 4-5 of these 'cyst' on my left side of the chin which were all subsiding (partially popped and was drying up). Then at night I noticed 2-3 more bumps now beginning on the right side of my chin but not exactly where the old ones were that have already healed/subsided.

Please help! If I am missing any information or any questions, please feel free to message!

**PS: Is this hormonal acne?

Edited by Try2Reach