Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruby14

HELP! Diet, Supplements and Exercise not working.

Magnesium is a really good thing to get adequate amounts and most people don't get enough. Food sources of magnesium are greens & seeds.  It's a major component of chlorophyll, which is why it's in leaves. & I suppose it's in seeds to provide the magnesium the sprout needs to make it's first leaves until it's roots get deap enough to get it from the soil. 

If you want to try supplements, take it at night. It relaxes muscles & blood vessels. It's very helpful for sleep.  You could also take epsom salt baths or make magnesium oil to get it topically.  Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate & the sulfur is also good for the skin topically.  Both are also very good for sore muscles and sleep. 

Edited by alternativista

I got a vitamin cocktail prescription today called Nicadan. Anyone heard of it? Apparently, the supplement dosages are the right amount for a therapeutic effect, so I figured why not see what it's about. Niacinamide is the main ingredient, which has been anecdotally proven to help a lot with acne. Incidentally, I had taken all these supplements on their own before (except alpha lipoic acid), but I'm interested in seeing if this particular mix will be effective, especially since it's recommended by integrative doctors who are receptive to supplement therapy rather than just the usual drugs.

I tried two weeks of no nightshades and then two weeks of no eggs. Neither have had any effect, unfortunately.  I guess I will try onions and garlic next. I also started taking borage oil, but that hasn't helped. This is incredibly frustrating as I seem to be doing all the "right things" and nothing improves. Any other suggestions? 

Diet, exercise, and supplements have no effect on acne.

That is why they're not working.

The difference between you and me Lucas is that I have science and the American Academy of Dermatology to back up my claims, and you have.. Nothing.

The difference between you and me Lucas is that I have science and the American Academy of Dermatology to back up my claims, and you have.. Nothing.

The difference between you and Lucas is that your 'pillar of support' is itself part of a circus that's sending acne sufferers on a wild goose chase. Acne is a multi-billion dollar industry and a direct, immediate cure would spell financial disaster for the stakeholders. They're going to give it a little to you at a time then take back some later. They'll give fuzzy information on what is, what isn't, what could be and what couldn't be, just to make you giddy. The spots on your face are worth a few billion dollars, not to you but to them. Now let that sink in.

The difference between you and Lucas is that your 'pillar of support' is itself part of a circus that's sending acne sufferers on a wild goose chase. Acne is a multi-billion dollar industry and a direct, immediate cure would spell financial disaster for the stakeholders. They're going to give it a little to you at a time then take back some later. They'll give fuzzy information on what is, what isn't, what could be and what couldn't be, just to make you giddy. The spots on your face are worth a few billion dollars, not to you but to them. Now let that sink in.

Well I know acne is a billion dollar industry I also know how to look for declared fundings and impartiality in the research and journals I read. 

Well I know acne is a billion dollar industry I also know how to look for declared fundings and impartiality in the research and journals I read. 

Case closed.