Notifications
Clear all

Getting acne on my back on accutane

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 10/04/2015 6:07 pm

So i have been on accutane for a 27 days for acne on my face. During week 3 my skin starting itching and I started getting acne on my back I have never got acne on my back. I am only on 10mg so do you think it might be a side effect that it is working? I was so clear week 2 by week 3 I started getting huge pimples on my face that I are still there. My doctor said that I will be on accutane for a year only 10mg since I weight 50kg and I am 20 years old girl. So has anyone experience this side effect?

MemberMember
(@baseball8star)

Posted : 10/05/2015 12:18 am

A year ? That's a long time! I was on it for 6 months and I ran it when I was 16 then again at 22.....trust me it gets worse before it gets better...I broke out a lot on my back at first but then everything quickly gets better

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 10/05/2015 4:03 am

A year ? That's a long time! I was on it for 6 months and I ran it when I was 16 then again at 22.....trust me it gets worse before it gets better...I broke out a lot on my back at first but then everything quickly gets better

thanks for telling me. May I ask what dose you were on? Do you think 10mg will work?

MemberMember
(@baseball8star)

Posted : 10/06/2015 7:14 am

The very first time I was on a high dosage and my body responded badly so they lowered me to 10mg and it worked great...last year I was on 40 mg and it worked great for me too ...::it all depends on your body

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 10/06/2015 10:37 pm

The very first time I was on a high dosage and my body responded badly so they lowered me to 10mg and it worked great...last year I was on 40 mg and it worked great for me too ...::it all depends on your body

thanks for replying you give me hope. I been battling acne since I was 13 and now I have acne all over my face the only part that is clearis the forehead. I am going to be 21 in 3 days and having acne sucks!!!! I really hope accutane works for me.