Notifications
Clear all

Finally, I Found A Solution

MemberMember
(@fieryleather)

Posted : 10/01/2015 4:18 pm

Hi all,

I felt i should register to share my experiences. Im 35 female. Always suffered with cystic acne (the ones that scar real bad). From teenage years i had it so bad. I tried roaccutane but it came back worse.

I then tried chinese herbal medicine which really helped..but that didnt work long term. I figured that the herbs used to give me regular bowel movements so i tried so many other stuff that would do this.As the years went by i tested LOADS of things.

I had a baby, after which my skin really cleared to some extent. It could have caused a reset on my hormones..who knws. Whilst pregnant i discovered i had gestational diabetes which cleared after my baby was born.

I have some facial hair but have reg periods so i figured i could have a degree of pcos but not enough for a diagnosis.

I did ALOT of reading on pcos and its link with sugar levels and discovered Insitol and Apple Cider vinegar (but one with the mother). I also lost almost 2 stones too.

These things and completely cutting sugars and bread..altho i have it couple days a week. I have finally cleared my acne..im so confident without make up. The hairs are still there but less and manageable.

I wish i discovered this ages ago. I also add coconut oil in my coffee and cooking and an indian herb called Shavatari every now and again.

Also put coconut oil on my skin. Theres no need to spend so much money..its just the simple things. Theres a definite link with sugars and hormones.

This may not work for everyone , but i really wanted to share it with u as i know how horrible this is.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/04/2015 12:57 pm

I am also a female, 36, who's story sounds similar to yours. I always kind of figured it couldn't be pcos because my periods are fairly regular and I've never had a problem getting pregnant. But I do deal with extra hair and I did have gestational diabetes.
So hmmmmmmm. Might need to try these things out.
Thanks!

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 10/05/2015 1:21 pm

Good to hear!

I'm trying Apple Cider Vinegar too, with the mother like you said, and I put it on my face and drink it.

Do you drink it or apply it to skin, or both?

MemberMember
(@fieryleather)

Posted : 10/05/2015 4:15 pm

Hi, i drink just a table spoon. I use Braggs. Have this diluted with water and gulp it down before most meals.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/06/2015 4:12 pm

And the inositol, do you take it every day too? About how much?

Thanks for posting, it is such a terrible thing, especially at this age when it seems all friends and peers have 'outgrown' it.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/05/2015 11:29 am

I am happy you found a solution. So if you have a hairy face as a female, does that mean you could have PCOS? I have always had tons of peach fuzz on my face, in fact I am a pretty hair gal lol. Thanks for any advice :)