Notifications
Clear all

My Combined Sa (2%) And Trioxil Trial

MemberMember
(@banana-fly)

Posted : 10/01/2015 1:58 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a 24 year old female that has suffered from mild/moderate acne since coming off the pill.

I've taken antiobiotics (with great success), used Duac, Differin and BP with some success.

But I'm sick of antibiotics, sick of having dry irritated skin from harsh topicals...

I mainly have small, red (but painful!) pimples on my cheeks, some congested pores on my forehead and monthly I get awful big red bumps (cysts?) on my chin that hurt soooo bad.

Trioxil isn't supposed to dry you out like BP and other prescribed treatments, but is said to be just as (or if not more) effective.

Morning:

Wash face with water

Use the CLEAR regular strength SA 2% exfoliant from Paula's Choice

Moisturize with Paula's choice resist moisturizer

Night:

Wash with acnicyl cleanser

Use the same SA 2% exfoliant

Apply as recommended Trioxil over entire face

Spot treat with MD Biodroga skin booster anti-blemish spot treatment

So far I've done this for two nights.

Trioxil feels really good on your face and def does not dry you out. I love the SA exfoliant! Still getting new pimples though so next update will come in a week :)

MemberMember
(@banana-fly)

Posted : 10/09/2015 4:24 pm

So it's been one week now ! (A little more actually).

my acne is definitely worse haha :( I think I might be purging from my regimen.

All of the congested pores on my forehead have surfaced and are gaping big blackheads at the mo.

some inflamed and red pimples on my cheeks, a couple of deeper ones around my jaw. All in all, I look worse than I did before I started. But I'm going to give it at least another week!

on the positive side, my skin does have a softer feel due to the exfoliant, and is a lot less dry compared to when I was using duac and/or bp. So that's good !