Notifications
Clear all

What Can Be Causing My Acne? How Can I Get My Skin Under Control? Please Help

MemberMember
(@destinyfaith)

Posted : 09/30/2015 9:03 pm

Hi, so I just made this and I'm not entirely sure I'm using it right but here goes nothing. So I'm twenty years old and recently started suffering from moderate to severe acne. I never had acne (very rarely an occasional zit) until about a year ago. What started off as what I though was just a break out during that time of the month has become a nightmare I can't get rid of. All of my acne is located on my cheeks and chin, most of it is blind and located under the skin. I also get the same type of bumps or "acne" behind my ears and near my armpits although these bumps don't tend to become red or discolored they feel the exact same as what's occurring on my face. Very hard not painful large pockets of something under the skin. I'm not sure what it is or why I can't get rid of it but I do not have insurance and can't afford a dermatologist so any advice will be helpful. Very rarely do these bumps come to any type of head yet they are NOT sensitive or painful. Anytime a new bump appears my skin becomes very discolored and the discoloration remains after the bump is gone. It looks and feels like I have a rash covering the entire bottom half of my face at times. I've looked into cystic acne and nodulistic acne but I'm not sure what category what I have falls under (if any from what I read both are very painful which mine is not) nor do I know what is causing the sudden skin condition to occur in the first place. Before having this problem I washed my face with only water and for years had absolutely no issues. I began to use X out about a year ago to clear an outbreak and the acne has been consistent ever since. I also use a oil free moisturizer and oil controlling toner. Within this year I've upped my excersize, cut out almost everything this isn't organic, quit smoking, started washing my pillow cases every 3 days religiously, and have made it a point to make sure I'm always hydrated. I've even gone without make for extended periods of time in hopes of improvement. I see no end to whatever is going on with my face and it's more than fustrating it's humiliating. It's greatly affecting my social life schooling and work but absolutely nothing seems to bring improvement. I no longer use X out after 7 weeks of use with no improvement and a worse condition I had to begin with I switched products and waited the same amount of time maybe longer with which each product I've tried. Currently I'm back to using proactive though again I'm going with no improvement. I will attach photos of my condition though u can not see most of the lumps under my skin that I can feel you can see the scaring they have caused along with the scabbing that occurs on the rare occasion I have zits on the surface of my skin. Although it looks painful it's more uncomfortable. The bumps are very hard and itchy when touched rather than sensitive. If anyone has any advice on what could be going on or anything I can do to improve my condition I would more than appreciate it. Also, what I'm describing does sound a lot like hormonal acne but my periods are very regular for the most part and the acne is present throughout the entire month never really improving or worsening so I'm not sure if it's possible to have imbalanced hormones with a normal menstral cycle or if I should be looking for any other symptoms. Honestly I'm rambling and this post is probably way to long for anyone to reply to but I'm desperate for any kind of help advice or guidance. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read. post-492594-0-49798500-1443664992.jpgpost-492594-0-98145900-1443770670.jpg

MemberMember
(@lovmyskin)

Posted : 10/01/2015 3:55 pm

Awe! I feel your pain! I have been there. I just joined today because i hope to help people like me find something to really help. I tried everything for my acne and things would work for a time then come back with a vengeance. I am so fortunate that an old friend of mine became a licensed esthetician and started her own product line. She was not looking to have a business but when friends started using the few things she made, the word spread and Bodygoodies was born. You can go to the website and read the blog. Lots of info on acne and dealing with it. You don't need to use multiple products. A bar of Crud soap and Treatment Serum once a day. It is gentle and simple. Over time things will calm down and even out. I have better, younger- looking skin now over 40 than i ever did. If this stuff wasn't the only thing that has ever helped me, i would not be posting. It is also good for you. Natural and organic. But just because something is natural doesn't mean it will be great for your skin. Essential oils can cause harm if not in skilled hands.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 10/01/2015 6:11 pm

Hey,

Swollen lumps around your ears and armpits are most likely swollen lymph nodes and not acne so don't squeeze them. Google lymph nodes and you can find images that show you where they are located and they are primarily around your ears, neck, and armpits. It makes sense your lymph nodes would be swollen as they swell in response to infection and the acne could be triggering them to swell. I don't know what products you have been using but using the right cleanser that does not over dry your skin is huge in my opinion. Have you tried Dan's BP regimen?

MemberMember
(@destinyfaith)

Posted : 10/02/2015 2:18 am

Hey,

Swollen lumps around your ears and armpits are most likely swollen lymph nodes and not acne so don't squeeze them. Google lymph nodes and you can find images that show you where they are located and they are primarily around your ears, neck, and armpits. It makes sense your lymph nodes would be swollen as they swell in response to infection and the acne could be triggering them to swell. I don't know what products you have been using but using the right cleanser that does not over dry your skin is huge in my opinion. Have you tried Dan's BP regimen?

I am considering ordering it my only issue is I'm currently using proactive which has the same 2.5% bp and while it seems to help surface zits I actually feel it's making the ones under my skin much worse. As for the lymph nodes is it common that they swell due to acne or could that mean the infection I have is more severe? I've just never heard of that happening to anyone and the fact that all of this has occurred so suddenly after years and years of having skin that was not problematic or sensitive causes me to worry a bit. Especially considering nothing about my routine, diet, or environment has changed to cause the onset of acne. Thank you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 10/02/2015 10:28 am

If you are using a face wash with BP I would recommend you try Dan's gel. A gel that stays on your skin is probably going to be more effective. I doubt it would be the BP that would be making your skin worse but it could be one of the other ingredients in the products you are using. The only thing I can say about your lymph nodes is that it's possible they are swelling due to your acne. Their function is to fight infection and in doing so they swell up but I can't really give you any more info about that. One thing I would tell you is that the simpler your skin care routine is the better and never use anything that leaves your skin feeling tight, dry, red, or irritated. Harsh cleansers are the worst thing you can do to your skin.