Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 09/30/2015 10:28 am

Almost a week on yasmin and my skin has improved already - to a extent. The white heads and little red spots around my nose and chin have seemed to die down and are now just nasty scars.

However I currently have 3 large painful under the skin spots (cystic acne) along my jawline and one on my head.

I'm hoping this is just the 'initial breakout' however I have never really suffered with cystic acne so big and sore.

I am also taking lymecycline alongside with 2 green tea tablets a day, so I'm not sure what is causing the cystic acne however I will update in another week or so.

Would appreciate any advice!

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/08/2015 3:06 pm

2 weeks in and I'm having the worst skin ever. Breaking out with atleast 2 new cysts a day. Hoping that this is just the 'getting worse before better' stage, but a week a go I felt my skin was improving which is strange.
These massive under the skin spots are huge and around my chin/cheeks and seem to linger for a day then pop. Not a good look at all.
Really losing my confidence I can't even let my boyfriend stay over as my face is a disaster right now.
Any advice/help/anything would be appreciated D:

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/08/2015 4:40 pm

Im on month 3 of Zarah (yasmin) and still am developing cysts. Ive heard a lot of people notice the difference after month 3 so im hoping too, that itll magically clear up. Im getting a lot more than I did initially so hopefully its just my hormones adjusting :/

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/09/2015 7:59 am

I don't know if I can even stick this out to month 3!! right now I have 5 cysts on my chin and they are all so sore and red :( 

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/09/2015 11:13 am

the second one is the recent picture.... less little red spots but more large cysts :( 

spots1.jpeg

spots 3.jpeg

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/12/2015 9:05 am

Getting worse... Today I have woke up with 4 new spots on my chin... help me!!
Nearly at the end of my first pack and don't know wether to take the 7 day break or just continue with the 2nd pack

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/12/2015 10:47 am

Girl I feel ya. Mine was a little worse than that last week. But if its going to work, its going to take a few months. Its your body adjusting to hormones. For the time being just look at it like its a purge. Im giving myself about 5 months and then switching.

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/22/2015 6:26 am

Have you seen any improvement yet? I'm like 5 days into my second pack, and still no improvement whatsoever... :( 

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 10/22/2015 1:41 pm

took me 4 and a half months on yasmin. it was cystic right up until 4 months and then only maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month, which is pretty clear for me. definitely takes while to do it's thing. at first it made my periods really heavy, then non-existent. you just have to give it time while your hormones adjust.

Exning liked
MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/25/2015 10:14 am

Ah thank you that gives me hope! I've just never had cystic acne this frequent really so I wasnt sure if it would ever improve but I'm going to keep sticking it out

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 10/28/2015 4:29 pm

wtf? so I woke up today with not one active spot... tonight I have 5 cystic spots!! 3 on my jawline and 2 on my chin, how does that even happen in less than a flipping day

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 11/12/2015 8:19 am

3 days into my 3rd packet. still getting large spots that are filled with puss I have to pop them its disgusting. the worst ones are along my jawline and really hurt and stay for days on end .... praying by the end of this packet I start to see some kind of improvement

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 11/12/2015 11:33 am

Im at the end of month 4 so Im going to try the non generic version of yasmin. Only my chin is breaking out stilk so i guess thats still an improvment however i have gotten the largest cyst of my life for 2 weeks almost and were (esthetics school) treating it with salicylic peel and high frequency device

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 11/13/2015 6:01 am

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 11/14/2015 6:44 am

How can I get prescribed spiro as I think that's what I need as yasmin alone is not enough will a gp prescribe this or only a dermatologist ?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/14/2015 5:22 pm

A GP can prescribe it. You just have to be forceful with your doc

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 11/24/2015 3:58 pm

my gp said no... im coming to the end of my 3rd pack now and wtf, last week I cleared up! like I lasted maybe 3/4 days with not one active spot.. and then somehow today I have 3 cysts :( one huge one on my chin, why cant I just be normal... none of my other friends have to deal with this, what can I do/try? do I continue with Yasmin? why is it clearing me up for a few days then I wake up with 4 cysts?

I just need any advice anything at all

my face disgusts me :(

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:59 pm

Don't think anyone even reads these and i'm pretty much just talking to myself but its nice to get things out.

I've been prescribed another 6 months worth of Yasmin, the nurse said itll be up to 6 months till my skin adjusts and I shouldn't lose hope, it just confuses me how I can clear up then within 5 days be back to square one.. I'm not sure what I can do about that.

Praying in the next 2 months my skin starts to show a difference, i'm wondering if maybe the fact I haven't been taking my 7 day break could be a problem? I never take it due to getting extreme period pain butmaybe that's why my skins not improving just yet...

Simisola44 and Exning liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/09/2015 1:21 pm

I know what you mean about being patient. I'm not on BC but I am on spiro and that takes a long time to even begin to work. Be patient though. Speak to your Obgyn about skipping the placebo pills as it may indeed be having an effect.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 12/22/2015 1:53 pm

On December 1, 2015 at 1209 PM, SeamlessSea said:

Don't think anyone even reads these and i'm pretty much just talking to myself but its nice to get things out.

I've been prescribed another 6 months worth of Yasmin, the nurse said itll be up to 6 months till my skin adjusts and I shouldn't lose hope, it just confuses me how I can clear up then within 5 days be back to square one.. I'm not sure what I can do about that.

Praying in the next 2 months my skin starts to show a difference, i'm wondering if maybe the fact I haven't been taking my 7 day break could be a problem? I never take it due to getting extreme period pain butmaybe that's why my skins not improving just yet...

Same :/ im on month 5 or 6 with no improvement

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 01/05/2016 2:43 pm

have you seen any improvement yet?

I finally am starting to get clean skin, il post a pic tomorrow but I only have 1 active spot atm n before that I had 2 weeks with none! hope its started working for you too!!

MemberMember
(@mags333)

Posted : 01/23/2016 6:20 pm

Hey SeamlessSea-
I just started Yasmin too and I am having a similar experience. My 1st month I was reasonably clear, 1 cyst and then maybe 3 small random spots. Then I was crystal clear on the my in active week and then bam, I breakout in 4 large cysts on the 1st week of my 2nd pack. Things are still not super. I have 1 large and 2 small cysts and my skin looks red and blotchy, oily and dry all at the same time. Did you have this experience?

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 01/27/2016 6:14 pm

Yes pretty much the same! I was super clear in the first few weeks then I got really bad cystic acne around my chin and cheeks, it has took pretty much 5 months to clear up but it is so worth it! my skin is the best its been in ages so stick it out!! all I have now is some scarring but no active acne atm

MemberMember
(@mags333)

Posted : 01/29/2016 3:27 pm

Hey seamless-
I am so happy to hear that you no longer have any active acne! It gives me hope! How long have you been clear for?