Notifications
Clear all

Adult Rosecea? Need A Second Opinion

MemberMember
(@rachelmariee98)

Posted : 09/29/2015 11:27 pm

I keep getting these red spots on my cheeks under my nose and on my chin. I am 23 years old and I have never had any skin problems before. I went to my family doctor and she recommended going to a dermatologist and he told me it was a former of adult rosecea and gave me a gel to put on it. The gel only made it about 10 times worse and the only thing I that has worked to clear it up are steroid pills and I obviously cannot take them for too long or forever so I am trying everything I can to find help. I went to an esthetician and I showed her the photos of what I had going on and she said that she was no doctor but told me that she did not believe it was rosecea and that maybe it was the birth control I was on that was causing hormonal acne. I started taking it in May of this year and my face started "breaking out" in July. I can not seem to get an appointment with any other dermatologist that takes my insurance at least not for a few months (I am on cancelation lists but there are only 3 dermatologists within 2 towns that will accept my insurance and have been to the 1) and I am willing to wait but cannot live with my face the way that it is and keeps showing up. It comes out of nowhere and the only face wash that I use is an oatmeal bar of soap from the healthfood store and only wear makeup for work. Some of the red bumps have a head and pus and it starts off really small and then I will wake up and it will just explode all over my face and looks just awful. I am reaching out for help until I can seem to get a second opinion. If anyone has any advice or has seen this and thinks they can help I am open to any and all suggestions. As I said I am 23 years old and have never had skim problems and I would just like my life back!!

The pictures below are when it first starts and it gets worse from there.

post-492452-0-18154900-1443587215.jpg

post-492452-0-50911600-1443587243.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/24/2015 2:27 pm

I keep getting these red spots on my cheeks under my nose and on my chin. I am 23 years old and I have never had any skin problems before. I went to my family doctor and she recommended going to a dermatologist and he told me it was a former of adult rosecea and gave me a gel to put on it. The gel only made it about 10 times worse and the only thing I that has worked to clear it up are steroid pills and I obviously cannot take them for too long or forever so I am trying everything I can to find help. I went to an esthetician and I showed her the photos of what I had going on and she said that she was no doctor but told me that she did not believe it was rosecea and that maybe it was the birth control I was on that was causing hormonal acne. I started taking it in May of this year and my face started "breaking out" in July. I can not seem to get an appointment with any other dermatologist that takes my insurance at least not for a few months (I am on cancelation lists but there are only 3 dermatologists within 2 towns that will accept my insurance and have been to the 1) and I am willing to wait but cannot live with my face the way that it is and keeps showing up. It comes out of nowhere and the only face wash that I use is an oatmeal bar of soap from the healthfood store and only wear makeup for work. Some of the red bumps have a head and pus and it starts off really small and then I will wake up and it will just explode all over my face and looks just awful. I am reaching out for help until I can seem to get a second opinion. If anyone has any advice or has seen this and thinks they can help I am open to any and all suggestions. As I said I am 23 years old and have never had skim problems and I would just like my life back!!

The pictures below are when it first starts and it gets worse from there.

post-492452-0-18154900-1443587215.jpg

post-492452-0-50911600-1443587243.jpg

Looks like acne to me.  It's not unusual to get acne as an adult.  You can try topicals.  There is also spiro (if it seems to be hormonal).

MemberMember
(@monkey678)

Posted : 01/19/2017 11:59 pm

Doesn't look like rosacea to me at all. I have acne rosacea and it seems very different. This just looks like acne. Honestly birth control can cause flare ups so it wouldn't hurt to try switching or coming off it for a while. I would ask your doctor or do some research though on how to come off of it without causing more problems