Notifications
Clear all

Bad Breakout?

MemberMember
(@melissamonaghan)

Posted : 09/27/2015 1:46 pm

Hey everyone. so I really really need some advice. I'm in high school and have been breaking out since I was in the fifth grade. I've always had breakouts and everything (around that time mainly) but here lately in the last two months I've been breaking out so bad (especially my cheek area) and no matter what I do or try , they just don't go away. I'm not really sure if it's the weather or the stress. I'm sure they could be factors but I'm not really sure why. I use clearasil & oxy maximum strength mainly for my daily face wash and usually that does the trick , but not this time. I have huge cysts on the right side of my cheek and little whiteheads along my nose. I've tried some homemade treatments for drying up my skin but I feel like that's just making it worse. I don't want to have to go to the derm for something like this. I'm just not sure what's causing it. sorry for the rant. thank you ((: ((I have oily skin btw))

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/27/2015 4:04 pm

Go to the derm. They at least can give you some options. I can also recommend you clean up your diet if its bad as it will help your body do what it needs to do.

Stay encouraged missie

MemberMember
(@jorgem1009)

Posted : 09/27/2015 7:03 pm

The same thing basically happened to me. Only difference is that I never really broke out badly. The worst I've ever had was 3 pimples on one cheek and those went away relatively quickly. However since July my face has BROKEN out badly with cystic acne, pimples, everywhere, yuck. I've tried to drink more water, and I started using Persa Gel 10 which contains 10% benzoyl peroxide. This is kinda helping but it is making my skin EXTREMELY dry. Also if you have sensitive skin DONT use the persa gel 10. Start off with something more gentle, like Neutrogena On the Spot treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide. My skin is slowly starting to get better (even though I still break out) but you have to give your routine time (at least a month - 4 weeks). I actually have a gallery dedicated to my progress. So is the BP working? You be the judge. But yea drink more water, try to not stress things out as much, and try to lower your intake of sugar. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@melissamonaghan)

Posted : 10/02/2015 12:15 am

thanks everyone! I just bought some panoxyl from the drugstore the other day & it's doing wonders for my face so far. benzoyl peroxide definitely does the trick for my face. salicyic acid only is a temporary solution (which I just found out) I have used persa gel 10 in the past & it has worked pretty well especially for my stubborn cysts. thanks for the advice .((-: ((oh and also I drink tons of water all the time. it's because I do so much exercise so I've trained myself to always drink a ton of water. sometimes I'll even drink a few cups of green tea everyday lol )) thanks again!