Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reneehps

Caveman Regimen On Oily Skin ( To Quit Or Not To Quit?)

Hi all

First of all, I'm a 23 young female adult who has mild acne since i was 14. I've always have white and black heads since highschool on and off. my worst acne came when i was 21 when suddenly my cheek were all red, bumpy and dry. a rash lookalike. I went to see a derm and he prescribed me antibiotic pills, face cleanser and this white cream to use after washing my face. For a year +, my face became better. then, i slowly stop taking the pills because i dont want to rely on them for my entire life and i know its not good for me. this year, in april 2015, my face broke out again with many pimples so i took the pill again and it stop working , same with the cleanser and white cream. all stopped working. it took me until end of june to realise that all these has stop working but i was still using it anyway hoping that it will become better (because i dont want to use other products , tried before many products when my redness came ) at the same time, i was really stress at work.

My acne prone area is now : area near my left eye, my cheeks and my forehead. sometimes my nose.

I discovered this caveman regimen end of august 2015 and immediately started it, but i started with washing my face with water only.

Week 1: A lot of dry skin was pilling up my forehead (like everytime i washed it, i could see a white layer on my skin ) and these white hair like was coming out from my nose , cheek and my tzone. The recurring pimples at the area near my left eye is still happening and pimple now and then on my forehead. Face not as tight as before (when after washing my face with the cleanser that my derm gave me, my face feels tight and dry and would always rely on moisturizer)

Week 2 : Same thing, no diffrence from week 1 and I went on a holiday so i guess i screwed things up by eating so much junk and consuming so much milk.

Week 3 : Started not washing my face even with water. Sometimes i do get water on my face , accidentally. Day 3 of week 3, many small whiteheads suddenly popped up near my mouth which is not acne prone at all before this. Guesssing its a purging period? Since i make detox drink everyday starting from week 3 and change my diet a lil (no gluten , no dairy) Pimples stilll occuring near my eye. Dry skin on my forehead. These yellowish sebum are increasing near my mouth , cheek and tzone. Face very greasy.

Week 4 : Face is very oily. The yellowish sebum that are collected on my face is very oily as well. i tried removing some with tweezer and when i put it on a tissue, it became transparent, thats when im questioning myself, are these dried up excess oil that my face produce? confused between sebum and dried up oil. Still gettting whiteheads but it comes to the head faster and goes away faster.

End of Week 4 (Now) : Yesterday i exfoliate some sebum near my mouth because it was getting too uncomfortable and too oily. beneath the oily sebum area, skin is red and theres red scars (from the whiteheads, ) and it feels a little stinging. Wondering whether did i did the right thing by removing it? The area near my left eye stopped producing pimples which is a good thing, i hope this continues. Right now my face is still producing whiteheads here and there and the oil building up on my skin is becoming very uncomfortable and horrible to look at because my cheek area looks like is covered with oil that i did not wash off for weeks.

I need help! Should i still continue with this no water regimen ? or go back to water only regimen?

I'm definitely not going back to products or what my derm gave me.

Hi all!

The regimen is getting too hard for me. I forgot to mention that the sebum gets in my eye every 3 - 4 hours EVERYDAY since i started the no water regimen and its super painful and stinging for my eyes.

2 hours ago, i decided to pour water on my face. well its horrible. I can see the dried up oil so clearly. a layer of white-yellowish residue. It is not the "dead skin" mask, it's dried up oil on my skin that i left it sit on my face since i started the regimen. My face feels horrible and super red now (like after facial treatment) I slowly exfoliate the dried up oil with my fingernails because the oil is sticked onto my skin so I need to do it with my fingers, using a cloth would press it down more.

I also notice the whiteheads which has been developing left so many scars. I didnt know the scar would be so obvious since the whiteheads come to head faster and go away faster :( The dried up oily was even beneath my eyebrowns (which is so strange, i normally dont get oily this area) and around my jawline and chin (not oily area before this) After i started this regimen, more oils build up, basically covering my entire face.

NEED HELP & ADVISE urgently :( :( :(

So it's the next day since I washed my face. I didn't really wash everything away because I feel I shouldn't pick my face anymore , it was getting too red. So there's still dried up oil on my face, mostly near my left eye, I didn't want to pick that area that much because it just stopped from producing cystic pimples for 3 months. My face Is not as red as yesterday now. But after washing my face yesterday, my face felt dry and tight, got me questioning whether did I wash away my "acid mantle" which is the oily layer? I applied a small amount of jojoba oil on my chin to see whether it works to reduce the oil. It's my first time using jojoba oil. There are still whiteheads forming near my mouth , like up to 5 of them, coming to head quickly. Will update again soon

Hi reneehps i have very similar problems with you sebum comes out every single pore on my fave and theres no stipping it did you ever find a way to control it? Thanks.

Hey there, idk how you've managed this far. I respect your efforts but for me, not washing my face would be terrible. I only use water( purified is best) but I do use friction either a washcloth or cotton pads). Better since not using cleansers but I think you gotta get the dead cells and junk off your face. Remember a part of acne is pur skin doesn't shed properly and sticks together which seems like it would need to be at least wiped down( not necessarily rough exfoliation).
Just my opinion.

Same to me, don't understand why got so red after I exfoliate the dead skin, super red. I hope you update more abt the condition. Now I'm very worried and tired of my skin. Red and oily and a lot black and whiteheads. Can get a normal skin. I thought my skin more inflamed after this regimen