Notifications
Clear all

Help Pls! Anti-Bacterial Supplements/ Garlic?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/26/2015 9:40 am

Hello,

Please excuse the TMI. I have vaginal bacteriosis, which is basically a bacterial infection, and of course was prescribed strong antibiotics and an antibiotic cream. The cream has parabens, and the antibiotics are antibiotics, so I will not take either.

What are other options? I have been using a natural anti-bacterial vaginal gel called Multi-Gyn Acti Gel for over a month, but it's not helping that much.

I'm considering garlic supplements, just because I can't take raw garlic (my throat burns!). Can someone recommend a good garlic supplement or other solutions to my issue?

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 11/25/2015 11:18 pm

hey I am going through the same thing. I was prescribed antibiotics twice a day for one week...did nothing. A friend gave me some canidia cleansing garlic supplement pills. They are slowly working but they make me a little gassy after I take them. I feel less bloated after using then about a week.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/26/2015 12:20 am

oregano oil supplements are amazing. far superior to otc antibiotics. hopefully you have sorted this out though.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/30/2015 1:00 am

On 11/25/2015, 1139, CrayonsNglu said:

hey I am going through the same thing. I was prescribed antibiotics twice a day for one week...did nothing. A friend gave me some canidia cleansing garlic supplement pills. They are slowly working but they make me a little gassy after I take them. I feel less bloated after using then about a week.

On 11/26/2015, 1240, hopeless87 said:

oregano oil supplements are amazing. far superior to otc antibiotics. hopefully you have sorted this out though.

Hey! Update on this thread: the garlic pills did help. I used a brand that delivers allicin (the helpful garlic extract) directly to the stomach (I can write down the brand I use if you are interested) and it helped me a lot. I took an odorless pill - no gassiness, CrayonsNnglu. It also improved my skin, and to test their effectiveness, I stopped taking other supplements (apart from vitamin C) just to see if the garlic would keep me clear.

Once again, proof that doctors do not know everything and will try to push antibiotics in cases where they have no idea that alternative treatments exist.