Notifications
Clear all

Acne Is Destorying My Life(Pics)

MemberMember
(@izym9000)

Posted : 09/24/2015 10:58 am

I'm new to this forum and acne is destorying my life I got really bad acne on both my checks not sure if it's severe or moderate my forehead nose chin are clear but checks are so bad it's getting me depressed and upset

I'm a 14 year old and had acne since I was 12 I been on duac for 2 years and haven't changed treatment since doctors said if duac isn't working they will put me on antibiotics which my parents are completely against

Acne is getting me so depressed and sad because everyone in school has clear skin with maybe 2 spots a month whilst I'm the only person with moderate acne(I'm not exaggerating I swear)

Everyone calls me ugly and spotty faces and other things such as they could play dot to dot on my face

So I wanna ask you guys

What do I do ?

Provides two pics of my checks any help would be appreciated

post-491584-0-15251400-1443110294.jpg

post-491584-0-69702400-1443110309.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/24/2015 5:18 pm

I'm sorry that you are going through this. It is perfectly normal at your age to have the acne that you do. Antibiotics is not the only topical your derm can suggest so its worth asking him on your next visit for one of the following:

epiduo

atralin

retin a/retin a micro

tazorac

Hand tight hun and don't listen to the haters.

MemberMember
(@jorgem1009)

Posted : 09/27/2015 7:11 pm

You should try 2.5 benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide will help unclog pores, dry up sebum, and kill the bacteria that makes acne. Less bacteria = less acne. You have to give it time though, at least a month or 2. But be prepared to have dry skin so go find an oil-free noncomodogenic moisturizer. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/28/2015 9:56 am

Although I've never tried it, the regimine on this site has great reviews, and is arguably a lot stronger than any topical gels.

Why not give it a go? It's a whole-face treatment, as opposed to topical gels which are just on the individual spots