Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Looks Much More Even When I Don't Wash It As Often.

MemberMember
(@goldweaver)

Posted : 09/24/2015 3:50 am

I've noticed that when I don't wash my face (because I either forgot or was too lazy to wash it) my skin looks better than it does when I do wash it. The color of my skin is much more even and you can barely see any signs of red marks or even scarring. I assume it's this layer of skin that has been allowed to grow that makes my skin look better.

This, however, soemtimes results in getting my acne back again (I use tretinoin and don't really get whiteheads anymore but I do still have visible scarring and hyper pigmentation). Has anyone else noticed this as well? Should I start washing my face less often ( I wash 2x a day)?

Ps. I wash daily with cetaphil, nothing exfoliating. I only exfoliate twice a week.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 09/25/2015 11:14 am

Yeah I know what you mean, the excess stuff that builds up on your skin covers minor scars and red marks, but once you scrub it off, all your scars reappear :(

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 09/25/2015 3:12 pm

I don't think it really helps much in the long run, like Tadamasa said it will just go back once you wash it off again. I went almost a month doing caveman (no washing at all) and it looked more even too, but as soon as I started washing again it looked like it did before.