Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Scars Do I Have And What Can I Do To Improve Them?

MemberMember
(@jordan31)

Posted : 09/22/2015 3:34 am

Hello I have been fighting acne since I was 12, I am now 22. I still get acne although it's not as bad as during my high school years. I did use actuate for 6 months while I was 17. Right now I've done a few light chemical peels, 6 microderm, and a perfect peel. I'm not too sure if I've notice any significant results. I'm not sure what type of scarring I have. My guess is some ice pick and a lot of rolling? I really need some help trying to figure out what to do. When I took accutane, my dermatologist told me that my scarring would always be there and only improve a bit at most, which was quite disappointing. I've tried to not pay attention to it as much as I used to back when I was 17-20, but it really does hurt my self confidence. Even just approaching people is hard, if I think about my face. I am ready to visit a new dermatologist, although money is tight. Any advice would help. I will supply some pics of my current skin.

post-491165-0-24484300-1442910851.jpg

post-491165-0-42795700-1442910862.jpg

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 09/23/2015 11:22 am

Your scars look very similar to mines. Mostly rolling and boxcars. If you want to be cheap, do microneedling or peels. If you want to pay big money, there's ablative lasers, subcision or fillers. Everybodys skin is different so just because someone got good results from a specific treatment doesn't mean the same will happen to you. You have to really experiment and see what gives you best results

MemberMember
(@jordan31)

Posted : 09/23/2015 1:10 pm

Someone told me about submission and fillers. I actually ended with have two similar post on here since a mod told me my first post wasn't created and now it showed up. My concern with fillers is I heard it's not permanent, I want something permanent. Also Id microneedling the same as a drama roller? I've done like 4-5 25% tca peels, 2 perfect peels and I have seen some results but they're very slow results. I'm sure that after 15+ peels I should see a lot more difference but that would take a very long time. Also is there something I can do to reduce the redness at a fast rate? Just removing the read would probably help a bit. My sibling too suffered from acne and scars, he has a lot less scarring and his are mostly deeper scars, but he had no redness at all, even though he's actually younger and has had the scarring for less time than me. I know we all have different skins and scar differently.

MemberMember
(@faultlessfire)

Posted : 09/24/2015 4:00 pm

Yeah, I posted that. Fillers aren't permanent, but together with subcision the filler is supposed to act as a pillow while the skin heals at a higher level. So when the filler goes away the scar looks better than before. That is the idea at least.

About the redness, it depends on what the redness is. Are you talking about actual pigmentation or is it the blood vessels underneath that makes it red? Try taking a piece of glass and roll it on your scars to see if the color changes. If it does, it is blood moving around.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 09/25/2015 11:33 am

There are permanent fillers. Silicone micro droplet and Bellafill are permanent. I have done one syringe full of silicone micro droplet and the results are ridiculously amazing. I'm still not done yet since my scars were pretty severe but the results were almost instant and didn't diminish. My confidence is much better now and I can actually look in the mirror without ruining my day. I'll maybe make a post about it one day.

MemberMember
(@jordan31)

Posted : 09/26/2015 11:25 pm

Well sometimes the red on my face is very noticeable, while other times it looks faded and a bit better.

About fillers and subcisions, what should I expect to pay and how long is the downtime. Yeah my confidence is pretty low, not because I'm scared to be rejected, but rather I reject myself because It bothers me that someone would be interested in me looking like this. I'm still a student, but if the downtime is less than 3 weeks and affordable I could see if I could do this during my winter break. Also, is this stuff down at a dermatologist or like an esthetician?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/27/2015 12:55 am

http://imgur.com/A8rKJXw

hope that makes you feel better.

I recommend 2 rounds of subcision + suction and 3-5+~ rounds of vbeam perfecta.

done at a dermatologist's pratice

don't ever do lasers

if anything you can do microneedling yourself

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 09/28/2015 11:30 am

For subcision the cost is around $300-$600 and you'll look bruised for atleast 2 weeks. Definitely need some time off for this or you can wear make up if you can't take the time off, and like Robert said you'll need more than 1 treatment. For permanent fillers the cost is usually around $1000 for one full syringe, downtime is like 1-3 days.

MemberMember
(@jordan31)

Posted : 09/30/2015 4:47 am

Dang your results are amazing! So 2 rounds of subcisions, how far apart do you recommend in between them? I've never heard of vbeam perfecta I'll have to look into it. What's he time difference between the two pictures?

What kind of fillers did Robert get? I live in Cali, so I'd need to find a good dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 09/30/2015 11:31 am

He didn't get fillers. Those results were purely from his method of combining subcision suction and microneedling

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/01/2015 6:37 pm

Those aren't Robertito's results. Those are of another member who got great results I think. Correct me if I'm wrong Robertito.

Robertito also has his own thread showing his progress.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/01/2015 9:05 pm

Those aren't Robertito's results. Those are of another member who got great results I think. Correct me if I'm wrong Robertito.

Robertito also has his own thread showing his progress.

You're right. I have to give it up to this guy's progress though because he presented us with pre-procedure pictures of his scarring in terrible lighting that brought out each and every scar--I'll be doing that more often.

Jordan, where in Cali do your reside?

Dr. Rullan in Chula Vista is experienced and his prices are extremely fair. A well rounded individual that I feel cares a lot for his patients.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:00 pm

What Robertitoo said. Also some needling wouldn't be amiss.

And remember, be patient. Great results can be had but they don't come quickly nor easily.

MemberMember
(@jordan31)

Posted : 10/02/2015 11:18 pm

I'm in the Sacramento area. Would starting needling now by itself help out? If so any recommendations on what to use?