Notifications
Clear all

Oratane 20Mg 18/yr Male

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/19/2015 2:45 am

Started my first pill on 17th of this month. I only have two spots on my face but they're not a concern, my main concern is the initial breakout. The back of my lower neck has two breakouts and my scalp omg, I have about 3-4 bumps on my scalp and they are so painful right now. I can't move my head around too much because it just hurts, skin is still oily.

I don't know how long my skin is supposed to dry out but perhaps another week or so. Pics will be added tomorrow :)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/19/2015 6:30 am

Best of luck bro. This will no doubt clear you up.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/19/2015 7:05 am

Best of luck bro. This will no doubt clear you up.

Appreciate it. Thanks

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/20/2015 2:35 am

4th day today.

Skin is still the same, oily and a few breakouts that are almost dead. The cysts or pimples whatever you want to call them on my scalp and the back of my neck are still there, a few of them have healed but the others are still there causing pain. I did put some benzoyl peroxide on the bumps to hopefully speed up the healing process, fingers crossed the BP removes them soon because it's so uncomfortable.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/20/2015 4:13 am

4th day today.

Skin is still the same, oily and a few breakouts that are almost dead. The cysts or pimples whatever you want to call them on my scalp and the back of my neck are still there, a few of them have healed but the others are still there causing pain. I did put some benzoyl peroxide on the bumps to hopefully speed up the healing process, fingers crossed the BP removes them soon because it's so uncomfortable.

I really don't think thats safe man. Accutane already makes the skin sensitive. Add some BP and you're going to have ultra sensitive, easily bruising skin.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/20/2015 5:56 am

4th day today.

I really don't think thats safe man. Accutane already makes the skin sensitive. Add some BP and you're going to have ultra sensitive, easily bruising skin.

I will keep that in mind. I only applied the BP on the bumps that were painful, not ever on my face just the bumps on the scalp and back of my neck. I only did that to hopefully speed up the healing process because they're painful but I didn't realize it would be an issue since my skin is still oily but I won't ever put BP on after my skin dries out from the drug.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/20/2015 9:29 pm

5th day.

1 new breakout on the left side of my face near the eye area, it's a red bump with no pus visible. Woke up with it this morning, the bumps in my scalp are slowly healing but other than that my skin is still oily and I know this is probably not a good idea but in the mornings I like to use the acne.org cleanser. I just don't like having that oil from yesterday on my face as it makes my face feel dirty, I won't be using it when my skin gets dried out from the pill though. :)

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/22/2015 6:48 am

6th day today.

I squeezed the two bumps on my cheek today, very silly of me because I know when I squeeze the pimples they come back and last longer. My scalp is giving me pure hell, so painful and the stinging sensations after cleansing my hair with shampoo from the bumps is uncomfortable. I think I should just use the acne.org cleanser to cleanse my scalp or not clean my hair until the bumps are gone completely, think that's a better idea. I won't clean my hair until the bumps have healed, I did put a cotton ball on the bump to help dry up the moisture to hopefully rid the stinging sensation after I got out of the shower and so far it's worked. I have a head band on that's holding the cotton ball on the bump.

I know my Doctor said it was going to get worse before it gets better and I'm trying to keep myself together and these bumps are not going to stop me, even if they're painful it's not going to last long so I have to soldier on.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/24/2015 7:53 am

8th day today.

Holy fuck. Sorry for the language but damn, 7 pimples on my upper lip/moustache area whatever it's called. 2 of the pimples are on the right side close to each other and the other 5 are on the left side close to each other, they're pretty tight too. The bump near my eye is still there, tiny breakout on the cheek and the scalp pimples are almost gone (still healing) but will take a few more days or weeks even to rid completely. I'd seen 1 breakout in the upper lip area/moustache today this morning but I didn't notice the rest because I don't allow myself to stare in the mirror too long, I discovered a pimple in my moustache but I thought it was only 1, NEVER in a million years did I knew there was 7 PIMPLES ON MY BLOODY FACE IN THE SAME AREA. Lips have been drier today also. Sorry if this post doesn't make sense I'll upload a pic tomorrow, I don't want to spend too much time on here because I'll get depressed thinking about it. Bye

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/26/2015 8:58 pm

11th day today

Definitely broke out more. I did mention that I had 7 pimples all clustered in the same area on the 8th, some of those bumps have busted which caused the pus to scab. I woke up this morning to see what's been happening and I counted 17-18 pimples on my moustache/upper lip area. The pimples are clustered together and some separate, I also have a huge red bump that kind of looks like a cyst. 2 Bumps on my lower cheek/jaw and 1 small pimple on my chin so that's a total of 22 pimples/bumps whatever you want to call them on my face right now, I have never had this many pimples on my face in my life and it's unbelievable. I didn't expect it to get this worse, I was told beforehand it will get worse but I was like "meh, a few pimples I can deal with" but no I didn't expect this.

I don't even want to post these picture's because they're so disgusting but you have to see how bad my initial breakout is, I don't even know if this is going to get worse or when it's going to end. I obviously have been staying home so nobody can see also you can't really see the hidden bumps due to my moustache, they're indeed there but you won't be able to see them.

The first one was taken Friday the 25th. Second one was taken yesterday and the other two were taken this morning.

post-384907-0-17223900-1443318476.jpg

post-384907-0-26191900-1443318543.jpg

post-384907-0-67209600-1443318551.jpg

post-384907-0-67115900-1443318556.jpg

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 09/30/2015 9:17 pm

15th day

The breakouts on my upper lip have died down. I'd say I only have around 2-3 but I'm not sure because I haven't looked amongst the moustache, I applied some jojoba oil on the area yesterday to help loosen the dead skin and the scab and that worked pretty well. I did apply some Vaseline on there this morning and on my lips.

My scalp is improving slowly but I still have a few bumps that aren't painful that are still there and I have dandruff. I've been using an anti dandruff shampoo that's helping it a lot however I need jojoba oil to keep my scalp moisturised so it prevents any itching from dry skin and dandruff itself.

The rest of my face is okay, a few more breakouts on the left side of my face and some breakouts on the left side of my mouth. I don't mind the breakouts on the left side of my face it's just the atrocity that took place on my upper lip and now that's all seem to be going away the breakouts on the left side of my mouth will be next hopefully, BTW there's only about 2 breakouts near the mouth so that's manageable.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:58 am

16th day.

Upper lip has improved a ton, just left with 2 breakouts there but big improvement and I can actually move it and speak properly.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 10/02/2015 9:59 pm

17th day

I have 2 breakouts on both sides of my face, I'd say around 1 breakout near my mouth, a breakout on my nose that's small, about 2 breakouts on my upper lip area. The rest of my body is doing pretty darn good, I only have 2 small breakouts on both of my arms, my back is completely clear, I have 1 bump on the back of my neck that's almost gone, my scalp has about 3 bumps. BTW the photos were taken this morning and I was out sweating.

I haven't been applying moisturiser on my face or my arms/legs or back because it just makes me feel dirty and sweaty/greasy. I will when my skin gets drier though for sure.

post-384907-0-36291400-1443840498.jpg

post-384907-0-37698000-1443840556.jpg

post-384907-0-78739600-1443840576.jpg

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 10/09/2015 2:49 am

23rd day today

A breakout on the chin I got a few days ago, a breakout on the middle of my eyebrows I got a few days ago but they're all gone now. I haven't been breaking out as much so that's pretty good and I have drier skin, lips but not an issue enough for me to be concerned about my skin. I've pretty much forgotten about it which is a good thing!

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 10/14/2015 12:20 am

28th day

No breakouts on the face at all today just dry skin and lips. I do have 2 breakouts on both of my upper arms but other than that I'm clear today, I haven't been breaking out as much which is amazing. I did have 2 pimples on my face (middle of forehead and one on the cheek) but they're gone, I also squeezed some blackheads out of my nose I think Monday because they were coming out. The blackheads were literally sticking out ofmy pores like dead skin which I thought it was just dead skin but they were BLACKHEADS! I couldn't resist squeezing them out, I also squeezed out some cheesy gunk (not pus) out of my nose bump that I had on my nose for like a year now. It's flat with dead skin covering it that'll come off in a few days.

This Accutane is working pretty well. It's definitely pushing all those nasty blackheads out of my pores, keeping the acne away and what it's only my 28th day today. I won't get too excited because I have many more months to go!

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 10/22/2015 5:30 am

37th day

I got 1 breakout on my chin from yesterday I believe? 1 breakout I got 2 days ago on my nose that's completely gone today, my arms are clear (despite one red bump) and a few dried up pimples that are flaky but gone, my chest did have 1 breakout a few days ago but that's all dried up and my back, shoulders and neck are clear. 

The only thing I experience with Accutane is dry lips. I do get dry skin obviously but that's not an issue, I do use Vaseline on my lips and flaky area's on my face sometimes and that helps a ton. My Nivea lip balm isn't strong enough for my dry lips like Vaseline is, definitely recommend it.

Accutane is working pretty darn good I must say, even my aunt and uncle noticed my face looks so much better and, they've never complimented my skin like that ever! So it must be doing a good job and I sometimes forget I even get acne. 

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 11/08/2015 6:39 pm

56th day

So I've got a few breakouts here and there, I do have a breakout near my nose right now but that's it. 

My doctor started me on 30mg a day and I took my first 30mg pill this morning. I'll upload pics soon :) 

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 11/22/2015 11:06 pm

70th day

No breakouts today. Had a breakout on the nose a few day's ago, one on the chest but I was touching/rubbing my skin so that probably caused it. My skin has been the usual dry and so have my lips, no other side effects. I will upload some new pictures soon but I'm pretty happy with the results.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 11/29/2015 8:01 pm

DAY 77

No breakouts today. My face has been going pretty well over the last week, I did receive one breakout on the chin I believe but other than that my skin has been good. :D 

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 12/17/2015 7:27 am

Day 105.

No breakouts on the face at the moment, arm has got about 2 breakouts in the last few days, but other than that my skin is clear. I did have a follow up appointment with my derm today and I'm still staying on 30MG at this moment, he said I'm finishing up my course in January of next year so I'm a little nervous about that because I feel like it's too early. I have no idea what my skin is going to do after I stop. :|

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 01/11/2016 6:53 pm

DAY 121.

I haven't had a breakout in what seems like months... I will get some pictures and explain more of my progress when I get time.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 01/15/2016 3:12 am

DAY 124

No breakouts since my last update, skin has been doing great and I couldn't be any happier with the results. My hyper-pigmentation has decreased dramatically compared to old photos I took a year ago and the redness in my face is no longer. I had such a terrible red face ever since I developed acne and I am happy that my face looks so calm now after years of being red face. 

IMG_1250.JPG

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 01/19/2016 6:54 pm

DAY 129

No breakouts today. :D skin has been doing really well lately! 

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/26/2016 12:27 pm

Wow, just saw your latest pic...great progress!!!! :)

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 01/31/2016 9:42 pm

On 26/01/2016 at 4:27 AM, DeLovely said:

Wow, just saw your latest pic...great progress!!!! :)

Thank you! :) I still have a lot of red marks left over that are mainly on my cheeks but they have faded. They used to be a dark red but now they're much lighter and they're about the same colour. 

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

DeLovely liked