Notifications
Clear all

Subcision For Very Small/shallow Boxcars... Worth It?

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 09/18/2015 8:47 pm

Hey everyone, love the forum it's been super helpful. Quick question for all the subcision experts--- I have really shallow and small boxcar (i think? They don't seem icepick like) scars on my cheeks that are almost not noticeable except for in bad lighting. They give my face a weird appearance though and it drives me crazy. Would you suggest subcision for them? I thought about dermarolling but Im wondering if subcision/suction would be better.

Im a little worried about making anything worse though. They arent terrible. If there were less of them they wouldnt bother me, but the large number makes them look bad.

basically im asking if subcision is worth it for really shallow/small scars, or if it would really only help big tethered ones. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 09/18/2015 9:40 pm

Following! I have the same...Lots of boxcars that are shallow- with a few moderate ones too.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/18/2015 10:49 pm

Yeah, most of mine are completely gone now after subcision + suction performed twice

George26 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/19/2015 1:45 am

Completely gone? Jeez, that's a game changer. Can't wait to see the next update.

MemberMember
(@struggling23)

Posted : 09/19/2015 2:18 am

I had subcision done on boxcar scars and saw no improvement. It is only good for pitted scars I believe.

MemberMember
(@presidentguevara)

Posted : 09/19/2015 5:49 am

Same here mine are noticeable under harsh lighting but in normal sunlight they arent that noticeable but I do have quiet a few on my cheeks and temples and I would definitely try something that's going to improve their depth and quantity and If I could get that I'm all for it, I dont really care If I get my face perfect at this point Im just okay with improvment

Ima give subsicion a try at the end of the year and see where I can take it from there . and hopefully help people who are going through this.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/19/2015 8:42 am

@blahblah yeah, I won't let you guys down. I have a final Vbeam this Friday so I'll likely upload a few pics 2 weeks after that. harsh lighting obviously

@ other replies, I don't think I would have the results I have now if I wouldn't have suctioned

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 09/20/2015 5:51 am

You also e-needled too, I believe, the more treatments you combine the better the end result. It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive, it just needs to be the right approach.