Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Low Semen Volume

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 09/17/2015 9:49 am

Hi there all ,i need help about this.

First thing do not post an answer if you dont have health problems caused by accutane like me, if you have information pls help.

I want to share my story and get a advice or a cure.

Im 17years old healthy male.

About 9 months ago i used accutane for only 100mg ( 5 pills)

after the fifth pill i notice huge problem with my ejeculation and penis.

I didnt ejeculated where im suppose to do (when orgasm comes) i ejeculated few secons after the orgasm which is not normal and never happened before. It was delayed ejeculation.

And my semen was too low i mean really low !

I stopped taking this poison after that.

My delayed ejeculation came back to normal timeline after few days later.. but my semen volume was same since this day (9 months passed)

I know it seems too less dose of isotretinoin but i did some research and i saw low dose sufferers like me, this drug is affect peoples bodys one to another.

So 5 pill is enough for making these bad things on the body.

I think my body was too sensitive someway (human body is super complex and mystery)

So this happened real ! i have huge ejeculations just before using this drug , nothing affect my semen volume except accutane no doubt for that.

And another important prove about sensitive reaction thing : I have dry skin back pain and dry lips just with 2-3 pills.

I thought i have dry lips after a week or so but it happened on second days of using accutane !

I go to the doctors he said i was ok which its bullsh** and he said accutane cant cause symptoms like this... which is bullsh**

I did blood tests too here is the numbers

Total T - 4.55 ng/mL

Free T - 19.52 pg/mL

Growth Hormone - 0.13 ng/mL

i didnt make DHT count the whole hospital dont know what DHT is !

FUNNY ISNT IT !

And one thing about blood tests its useless when the problem is accutane because all of people who suffer "crash" makes tests too but everything came normal , so its still a mystery about accutane , how blood tests came normal while you are dying ??

( you know this classic doctors ? i believe so.. i think people understand me)

They trying to escape their career saying this.

Because they know if i prove this problem to them they going to have money punishment or jail. (the sexual side effects isnt listed in offical accutane drug papers..)

Anyways i did some search and the only acceptable sexual problems theory of this drug is the DHT decrease in the body.

Accutane lowers 5-alpha enzyme so T cant turn to DHT.. and this thing makes the whole endocrine system "crash" and you starting to get permanent serious side effects, but hopefully i didnt CRASHED.

Semen volume is about Prostate , ,they are hormones who feeding prostate. (many people already know these things already, but just in case..)

My dry skin and lips were gone after not taking the drug.

But only thing still persisting is my low semen volume.

9 months passed still same volume.

What should i do ? what is the problem i didnt experience "crash" thing no other side effects persists except low semen volume..

-I can erect well

-Libido is seems normal ( i cant remember my 9 month before libido)

Please help me , i need my healthy body back.

(sorry for low grade english , i have more medical terms and informations in my own language , try to read twice to understand everything .)

I am still angry what Roche did to me and all other people , they killing people for money..

They gonna pay this hard one day !

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 10/06/2015 2:36 pm

anyone ? help

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 10/06/2015 4:21 pm

Saffron
What your saying seems a little extreme.
It sounds like you may have a problem that goes well beyond hormones. I'm not saying that to make fun of you or be disrespectful.
I think that you've got a severe obsession, and it will eat you alive if you let it. I'm speaking from personal experience. Your mind can take you to some strange places. Don't take this the wrong way but you might benefit from some professional help. Your not alone.

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/06/2015 9:37 pm

Saffron,

What you are saying is not uncommon and over the years I've talked to several guys with the symptoms you are experiencing. We are over in the Repairing the long term damage from Accutane thread. Just do a search onthis siteand or the web and you'll find you are in the same boat withsome others.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 10/06/2015 9:49 pm

Wow.....

If that test is accurate your T count on either free or total is astronomically low.
Personally I've never seen somatropin levels quantified in ng/mL. It's usually pg/mL, but it could be an uncommon testing method.

Any other levels on your blood work? No SHBG? DHEA? estradiol? FSH or LH?

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 10/07/2015 10:33 am

Wow.....

If that test is accurate your T count on either free or total is astronomically low.
Personally I've never seen somatropin levels quantified in ng/mL. It's usually pg/mL, but it could be an uncommon testing method.

Any other levels on your blood work? No SHBG? DHEA? estradiol? FSH or LH?

No there isnt any more , but i will do in next few weeks.
Well about the quantified levels , im live in Turkey people here is so stupid.
Maybethats why they wrote ng/mL.

MemberMember
(@plethoraldork)

Posted : 10/08/2015 9:43 am

i really don't think accutane caused you this problem. 100mg for 5 days is quite a low dose. did you self medicate with acctuane or was it prescribed by your doctor? it's not even stated on american academy of dermatology that erectile dysfunction or low sperm count is an adverse effect of isotretinoin (accutane). perhaps you have some problems with your hormones, might as well visit you family doctor or an endocrinologist to assess you. and don't get too paranoid because it will only make you depress.

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/08/2015 3:39 pm

This really isn't a new topic and has been discussed heavily. And it is listed as a potential side effect in other countries pharmacology standards and medical journals alike. A simple google search will yield plenty of references and resources.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/200636-accutane-amp-erectile-dysfunction-guys-read-this33/

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 10/11/2015 5:11 am

U took accutane for only 5 days? There's no way u got Any side effect from 5 days. Stress, depression, anxiety and a whole list of emotional problems can cause ED symptoms. U have a hormone problem if your testosterone is abnormally low.

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/18/2015 2:56 pm

Anyone ?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 11/18/2015 8:50 pm

Macleod sent you to a link that you can read. Two them actually! You can also google Dr. Crisler site/forum for Accutane victims and sexual dysfunction. You find others like your self. It could be that your acne was hormonal to begin with. Well Accutane is known to mess up hormones amongst a million other things.

Have you had your thyroid, sugars and other hormones tested? What are you doing for your low T?

MemberMember
(@coolcrack)

Posted : 11/23/2015 2:47 am

Bro.. U r only 17 yes.. U have a long way to go in life.. The best thing u can do in ur life now is to stop playing with ur private parts.. Stop watching women as just flesh... Most of the people will tell u that its OK to have some fun.. But they won't be with u in life when u will have spoiled ur life... Acne is a byproduct of our bad habits in life.. Ur body has a natural process of growth and recovery, and when u start playing with ur body, its not natural, and things like acne comes.. Ur body wont grow fully.. U wont hava a thick beard like most of the people.. U wont have muscles..ur memory will be too weak.. U cant have a married life..No matter how many doctors u see, how many pills u take, u will never get cured.. Until u change ur habit.. I have taken accutane thrice in my life. I'm 26 now.. And my acne is still on my face..(I just want to help people.. What I'm saying is from my experience.)

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/27/2015 9:28 am

On 11/23/2015 932, coolcrack said:

Bro.. U r only 17 yes.. U have a long way to go in life.. The best thing u can do in ur life now is to stop playing with ur private parts.. Stop watching women as just flesh... Most of the people will tell u that its OK to have some fun.. But they won't be with u in life when u will have spoiled ur life... Acne is a byproduct of our bad habits in life.. Ur body has a natural process of growth and recovery, and when u start playing with ur body, its not natural, and things like acne comes.. Ur body wont grow fully.. U wont hava a thick beard like most of the people.. U wont have muscles..ur memory will be too weak.. U cant have a married life..No matter how many doctors u see, how many pills u take, u will never get cured.. Until u change ur habit.. I have taken accutane thrice in my life. I'm 26 now.. And my acne is still on my face..(I just want to help people.. What I'm saying is from my experience.)

Sorry but i do not understand what are you trying to say :/

@oli girlI test them , everything is fine. But we all know every accutane sufferercame up with normal hormone levels.. so the problem belongs tosomewhere else.

What i need to do know ? im in no ejaculating process for 2 weeks now , also im eatinghealthy and im using magnesium and fish oil supplements.

How can i cure myself ? whats the real problem ?

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:03 am

33 minutes ago, SaffronAide said:

@oli girlI test them , everything is fine. But we all know every accutane sufferercame up with normal hormone levels.. so the problem belongs tosomewhere else.

Dihydrotestosterone

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:13 am

8 minutes ago, Esney3 said:

Dihydrotestosterone

Some says problem is the lack of testosterone cells some says dht , some says brain receptors. Etc. etc.

Whats the truth can you give me more detail ?

8 minutes ago, Esney3 said:

Dihydrotestosterone

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:15 am

i totally understand how you're feeling accutane has fucked me up. I've suffered from depression, anxiety, thinning hair, scarring, dry lips, SEVERE IBS the list goes on. Wish so badly I could go back in time and decide not to take it!

The ironic thing is my acne isn't even better haha. Honestly this has totally ruined my life.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:47 am

26 minutes ago, SaffronAide said:

Some says problem is the lack of testosterone cells some says dht , some says brain receptors. Etc. etc.

13-cis-retinoic acid is a dht inhibitor. it is anti-androgenic.

36 minutes ago, SaffronAide said:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/28/2015 7:15 am

20 hours ago, Esney3 said:

13-cis-retinoic acid is a dht inhibitor. it is anti-androgenic.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

Yes i know the DHT thing , but there are many stories and theories out there in forums , sites so i don't sure why this happened to me and what's the real problem. This unknownsituation does not allow me to cure myself , people and studies says the problem is about the brain receptors , Testosterone cells , androgen receptors , lack of DHT , lack of T produce , dopamine imbalance ,LH and FSH defect and the list goes on !

as we can see there are many theories and i don't know which one is the truth. So please can you give me a advice for me ? a curing process ? supplements ? any other methods to cure my libido , semen volume , hormones and clearing this poison on my body ?

Also im scared for my height and grow (bone , muscle , body ) because i read that accutane cause low grow and also its mess up your hormones and brain. Is there any chance to happen these things to me? semen volume is directly about hormones ! so there is a imbalance going on on my body for 1 years , is there any chance that accutaneaffect my growth ? height ? brain grow , organ grow ?

I know iused so little dosage but we know that these damage and side effectschanges person to person , so is there any chance to accutane affect me in that way ?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 11/28/2015 9:48 pm

On 11/27/2015 855, SaffronAide said:

What i need to do know ? im in no ejaculating process for 2 weeks now , also im eatinghealthy and im using magnesium and fish oil supplements.

How can i cure myself ? whats the real problem ?

Go to Dr. Crisler's forum for Accutane victims he has treated them for your exact issue!!!!!!!! I have been a suffer for over 8yrs my friend! you can also reach out to Dubya.

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/29/2015 11:10 am

13 hours ago, oli girl said:

Go to Dr. Crisler's forum for Accutane victims he has treated them for your exact issue!!!!!!!! I have been a suffer for over 8yrs my friend! you can also reach out to Dubya.

Who is Dubya ?

And ok ,i will go to that forum thanks !

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 11/29/2015 2:05 pm

He is a member on this forum and Dr. Crisler forum I believe it is called allthingsmale. He is a suffer from Accutane. I am a female so I can only direct you to people who can try and help and information for you to read. You do a search of Dubya on here and read some of his posts to or pm him. I am sure he will be glad to help.

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 11/30/2015 2:23 pm

On 11/29/2015 942, oli girl said:

He is a member on this forum and Dr. Crisler forum I believe it is called allthingsmale. He is a suffer from Accutane. I am a female so I can only direct you to people who can try and help and information for you to read. You do a search of Dubya on here and read some of his posts to or pm him. I am sure he will be glad to help.

Good Luck!

Alright thanls for your help !

but one last question , i know allthingsmale forum and i know the accutane topic but i dont know in where Dr.Crisler cured sexual side effect sufferers ? can you give me a link please ? ,because i cant find it .

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 11/30/2015 6:50 pm

I wouldn't say he cured but has helped and treated those with ED etc. in relation to Accutane. I am not sure where you live, but I do know he is in Michigan or was! PM Dubya he should know. I believe there probably some posts on all things male from a couple y ears ago of people who went to see him!

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 04/19/2016 4:20 pm

anyone help ?

MemberMember
(@david7)

Posted : 05/22/2017 4:23 pm

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem. I'm a 20 year old male from the UK who has had his blood checked and been told everything is fine. I've taken a total of 21 20mg pills.

I'm noticing that perhaps my ejaculation is a bit delayed like you said yours was. As well as that, my semen is really watery and for me is as low in volume as I've ever experienced it. I'm not sure if I'm trying to force myself to get erections but I feel like I struggle a bit more than I used to. Before taking the tablets I'd wake up with regular morning erections whereas now I don't have one at all and I just feel like my libidio is dropping.

Something that also scared me is I developed a little lump/swelling on my scrotum which I am now worried may be a sign of infertility.

I told my dermatologist but she told me today that everything is fine and that Accutane doesn't have an effect on male fertility etc. However, I'm worried that I, like you, may be one of very few who are experiencing this. I'm not one to dramatize effects so what I'm saying is 100% true. I know that Accutane has done this because like you my sperm was perfectly normal prior to taking this drug.

I have experienced not just this issue but I experienced itching early on and am currently experiencing ringing in my ears which I don't recall ever having despite having issues with my ears before taking this drug. My ears would go deaf but never have I experienced ringing.

I am going to get a sperm test and get my ears checked and if I find out that I am infertile or that there is no other underlying problem with my ears then I will be making a complaint about this drug and seeking compensation because I just don't feel right on them.

If you could get back to me I would be grateful.

P.S. I'm not trying to scare everyone off this drug but I think it's important that I reveal my negative symptoms.