Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me, It Just Keeps Getting Worse

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 09/16/2015 2:30 pm

I'm 16 and struggling with acne that's pretty severe. I'm trying everything to get rid of it but nothing ever works. People tell me that I just have to wait for the treatment to work, but even after waiting weeks for something to do its job, my acne just keeps getting worse! I'm suicidal and feel worse about myself than I have ever before. I can't leave the house looking like this anymore. I NEED something to cure my acne immediately. I'm thinking of going on accutane and have a dermatologist appointment in two days, but judging by what has happened to me in the past, I'm scared those won't work either and my acne will get so bad that my face is completely red and I don't even have one spot of clear skin left. Please help!post-487975-0-13940600-1442431782.jpgpost-487975-0-13940600-1442431782.jpg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 09/16/2015 2:41 pm

hey i just want to tell you that as hard as things are now they will get better. i can promise you that! i would see what the derm thinks of going on accutane but have you tried antibiotics at all? if you havent that will most likely be the first thing that your derm will want you to try as well as some sort of retinoid. i know for myself getting accutane was a real struggle they never wanted to give it to me until i already had scarring but thank goodness i found spiro because that was what i needed for my hormonal acne. the hard part is that there is nothing that will get rid of your acne immediately but there are things that can help it get better within the next few months. just try to hang in there for now and get some good makeup that will help you feel better when you have to go to school and stuff.

i am sending you lots of hugs and you can pm me if you ever want to talk. its all going to be ok :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/16/2015 3:14 pm

What tracy said is true! It does get better and I believe I am such a great example for that. There is a link in my signature which has my acne journey and before and after pictures. I got acne at around 10 years old and didn't manage to get it under control until a few years ago. So please do not lose hope, there is something about there that can help. If you have any questions about what I did, you can always message me and I'd be happy to let you know and answer any questions that you have.

MemberMember
(@smallpox)

Posted : 09/16/2015 9:56 pm

"I NEED something to cure my acne immediately."

I think this is the wrong mentality to have. You're going to stress yourself out more which is a cause of acne if you expect immediate results. If you're using skin drying products make sure you use moisturizer after, or your acne can get worse.