Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest brokencocoon

I'm a 'lil freaked out...

Guest brokencocoon

I did Dan's regimen last night, and I applied a SMALL amount of his BP gel (like in the picture)...and I went to bed and woke up with a red sunburn like rash on my neck! Not my face, just my neck. I didn't do anything but wash and moisturize this morning...and still, after allllll day, my neck is still bright red and itchy.

Is this a normal kind of irritation? If it is, I can't do this! cry.gif

lol good times thats what happened to me when i first started regimen lol...... i got patches of rash on my neck dont worry it will pass its just a reaction to the BP ur face isnt used to it just keep doing the regimen it will pass and you might feel a little burning or itching and dryness just fllow the regimen as directed. also check out the recommended products... ---------> http://acne.org/findingsupplies.php <--

Guest brokencocoon

Shouldn't I stop until my skin calms down? eusa_think.gif

when i was on dan's regimen, my neck didnt start getting red, itchy, and flaking until the third week or so....so like the opposite of where you're at. But maybe over time your neck skin will adjust to it -

for me it persisted no matter how much moisturizer i applied (about 2 weeks of that i put up with it and eventually said screw it) My skin isn't so thick, so i think the Regimen's prescription of ramping up the BP dosage might have had something to do with it sad.gif

if you wanna keep giving dan's regimen a shot, i recommend trying some aloe vera gel to calm the irritation. Its cheap (like 3 dollars for a big bottle of 100% Fruit of the Earth brand at Walmart) and supposed to be good at soothing inflamations, swelling, etc. So far I like it, it absorbs rather quickly like Dan's BP did, and doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all.

Guest brokencocoon
when i was on dan's regimen, my neck didnt start getting red, itchy, and flaking until the third week or so....so like the opposite of where you're at.  But maybe over time your neck skin will adjust to it -

for me it persisted no matter how much moisturizer i applied (about 2 weeks of that i put up with it and eventually said screw it) My skin isn't so thick, so i think the Regimen's prescription of ramping up the BP dosage might have had something to do with it sad.gif

if you wanna keep giving dan's regimen a shot, i recommend trying some aloe vera gel to calm the irritation.  Its cheap (like 3 dollars for a big bottle of 100% Fruit of the Earth brand at Walmart) and supposed to be good at soothing inflamations, swelling, etc.  So far I like it, it absorbs rather quickly like Dan's BP did,  and doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all.

My neck was where most of my dryness and irritation happened , and i think its the same for a lot of people even if they don't have sensitive skin. My face ended up getting a bit red too from the BP later on, but not as bad as around my neck.

yeah i scrapped The Regimen altogether - not really cuz of the redness and drying (although i think its annoying as hell and unnatural) but cuz of the time it spent to follow it. I mebbe slow, but with the minimum of 15 minutes you're supposed to wait in between smearing stuff on your face, having to rub it so lightly "your skin doesnt move", and washing your hands as much as a surgeon, i'd spend like 2 hours extra a day prepping my face.

After reading through some of the other threads, i'm gonna try a more natural method and pray it works better and less irritation. Hope the aloe vera gel works good for you...if not its only a few dollars spent and at least you can still use it for cuts, burns, etc smile.gif

Guest brokencocoon
My neck was where most of my dryness and irritation happened , and i think its the same for a lot of people even if they don't have sensitive skin.  My face ended up getting a bit red too from the BP later on, but not as bad as around my neck. 

After reading through some of the other threads, i'm gonna try a more natural method and pray it works better and less irritation.    Hope the aloe vera gel works good for you...if not its only a few dollars spent and at least you can still use it for cuts, burns, etc  smile.gif

ALOE BABY!

Yeah Im a little late, but definitely give aloe a shot. I use it all over my face and neck every day. It's great for healing razor burn and popped zits tongue.gif Put a layer of Aloe on then some moisturizer on top....it's my savior after 8 years of super dry irritated skin.

O hell, I remember when I first started, it looked like I had just took a trip to the sun...my face was extremely red, itchy and DRYYYYY as hell. I just cut down on the amount I used, and I also found out that Aloe did wonders instead of just using lotion, and it doesnt clog pores or cause acne!

My suggestion, just cut down on it a bit for a while, and either use a lotion with sunscreen, or get some aloe..or both lol.

Guest brokencocoon

Thanks so much you guys, I really appreciate it^

I'm getting some aloe asap tomorrow! eusa_angel.gif

hehe i knew there were more aloe fans out there, represent!

I already ordered stuff off ebay, but if those things don't pan out, the stuff you linked hve awesom ingredients (including aloe tongue.gif).

Guest brokencocoon
I already ordered stuff off ebay, but if those things don't pan out, the stuff you linked hve awesom ingredients (including aloe tongue.gif).

Guest brokencocoon

I know, right?!^

So anyway, I went on my aloe buying adventure this afternoon and was a little surprised to find it rather difficult to find a PURE gel! I knew if I could find my Aubrey brand that I could get a bottle of just 100% aloe gel with no fillers or any crap added to it...but I was on foot today so that left me with fewer shopping around options. I found one that was 99% aloe with a few extras added in like comfrey, chamomile and vitamins a, c, & e...

Pretty wholesome stuff...so I got home and put some on my sore, itchy neck (which is half as red today btw, thank God!).

Anyway, the Aloe feels kinda tight on my skin...is that weird?

blah, you're right i didnt notice that. How can it be 100% if theres tetrasodium EDTA and other crap in there too eusa_think.gif

its probably around 95-98%, though since aloe is listed as the top ingredient, but i totally respect your desire for a real 100% pure one, if you find one i'll have to switch once this stuff is gone~~

Guest brokencocoon
blah, you're right i didnt notice that.  How can it be 100% if theres tetrasodium EDTA and other crap in there too  eusa_think.gif

its probably around 95-98%, though since aloe is listed as the top ingredient, but i totally respect your desire for a real 100% pure one, if you find one i'll have to switch once this stuff is gone~~

Aloe does make your skin "fee"l a little tight. HOWEVER, it probably isnt your skin being tight...it's the gel hardening. I first used aloe vera on a horrific sunburn and found my skin looking like it was peeling when infact it was just the aloe gel hardening and flaking off a little bit (kind of like using too much hair spray). Answer was to use a little less aloe and rub it in a little more. For my face and neck I throw some Oil of Olay moisturizer on top of it. Aloe is a healing agent that locks in moisture...it doesnt really create much of it. So I highly suggest putting some moisturizer on top after the aloe has dried.

Yeh my face went red, then hard and tight, then flaky, then it went back to normal, all within a week. I did put a hell of alot of moisterizer in the red phase, coz my face felt so tight I couldn't even open my mouth to eat.

Guest brokencocoon
Yeh my face went red, then hard and tight, then flaky, then it went back to normal, all within a week. I did put a hell of alot of moisterizer in the red phase, coz my face felt so tight I couldn't even open my mouth to eat.