Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 3.5 Months- No Progress

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 09/15/2015 10:46 am

Seriously, this is so effing frustrating. I didn't see any progress after my 2nd month but I still had hope because everyone was like "It's ok a lot of people don't see results until after the 3rd month".... Well it's after the 3rd month and my face is worse than it's ever been.. It's literally like my initial breakout came.. and NEVER went away, and is not improving in the slightest.

Feeling extremely discouraged right now. Does my birth control pills or eating dairy have anything to do with it?! I need this to go away... like now :(

(60 mg Absorica)

Routine- Wash with Cetaphil, Moisturize with Clean & Clear at night, Clinque Dramatically Different in the morning.

**Looks worse in person.

post-483427-0-40148500-1442331860.jpg

MemberMember
(@infury10)

Posted : 09/15/2015 11:23 am

Looks like your acne is not that bad so I don't understand why you would take accutane in the first place

MemberMember
(@tiredanddepressed)

Posted : 09/15/2015 5:37 pm

Seems like most people almost completely clear by the end of the 3rd month. From previous reports of stubborn cases, like ours, it takes closer to 4 1/2 month to see a drastic improvement. Day 103, still breaking out. When it gets really bad, I just have to remind myself that 1) It will work eventually 2) Aside from making the condition worse by picking, there's nothing you can do to speed up the progress. It sucks but you just have to fight through it. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/15/2015 6:52 pm

It took me until month5

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 09/21/2015 1:39 pm

Looks like your acne is not that bad so I don't understand why you would take accutane in the first place

Are you serious?

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/21/2015 10:56 pm

I'm very sorry you're experiencing this. I would call your derm and ask them if that's normal. Maybe a change of dosage may be required to reach the desired results. I know it's hard to stay positive when your all your hard work isn't meeting your expectations. Be gentle to your skin and try not to pick. See what your dermatologist has to say. Good luck and keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 09/22/2015 3:37 pm

going through the same thing! lets wait it out..

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 09/23/2015 1:55 pm

That's perfectly normal, you're still purging.Wait a little bit longer and don't worry too much!