Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkix3

Tazorac Really Helped! Rate My Transformation!

Amazing results. I hope I don't jinx it but I recommend to anyone! This was my last resort before accutane. What do you guys think? Thoughts about the medicine/ success stories! I wanna hear :)post-363383-0-22208600-1442285158.jpg

Edited by nikkix3

Looks like good results to me. Are you using the .05 or .1 and is it the gel or the cream? Can you share what your routine is? Did things only get better or was there an initial period where things got worse? Thanks! Considering trying Tazorac myself.

Looks like good results to me. Are you using the .05 or .1 and is it the gel or the cream? Can you share what your routine is? Did things only get better or was there an initial period where things got worse? Thanks! Considering trying Tazorac myself.

I use the tazorac 0.5 gel. I apply it at night right after washing my face VERY well with a neutrogena scrub because your pores best absorb the medicine within 10 mins after washing. My derm told me to use a pea size amount on affected areas, which I did when I first started the medicine. There was mild irratation at first, however, my skin got quickly used to the medicine and now I currently apply VERY generously (I apply a thin layer over my whole face and then spot treat with globs of it). I like to work the medicine into my pores by rubbing it in gently. This medicine works by making the layers of skin shed quickly so I do experience peeling and flakiness but it is sooo with it compared to the acne I used to have!!! I wash everything off in the morning. I only use moisturizer if I need to (my skin is soooo oily) and if I do I'll use an extremely small amount right before applying tazorac