Notifications
Clear all

This Regimen Better Pewpew! My Acne

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/14/2015 4:49 pm

Hello! 26 YO with combination/oily skin struggling with mild/moderate acne on and off since the teens.

Having acne as a teenager was not a big deal .. I had the odd pimple or two that would clear up within a few days.

However, about a year or so ago I started having breakouts mainly on the sides of my cheeks and jawline .. places I never broke out before. This particular acne was deep under the skin, stubborn, painful, and took weeks if not months to go away .. usually leaving marks.

I went to a dermatologist, got my tests done, everything seemed normal. So I was left with two options: Laser or Accutane. I considered Accutane but after doing my research I thought against it. My acne was bad, but not horrible.. and I wasn't willing to risk the side effects. So I opted for laser which worked well for a month or so.. but the acne came back, and the treatment was too expensive to continue.

What I did to combat my stubborn acne so far:

• Laser (great at reducing hyperpigmentation)
  • doxy (antibiotics)
  • la roche-posay effaclar skincare line (helped control my acne but not clear it)
  • Switching up my diet and cutting back on sugars and dairy really helped with reducing my acne but I was still breaking out and it was still stubborn.
  • avid tea drinker (rooibos, honeybos, green, white, oolong, chamomile, lavender) .. I even tried yourtea - Skin magic.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - mix it with my water and used it as a toner .. it works wonders

So after much thought I finally decided to try the regimen. This is my journey and I am hopeful!

Thoughts on first application

I started the regimen in the PM .. gentle cleansing followed by a small amount of BP .. which didn't sting but caused my eyes to water a bit, I was careful to spread it away from my eye area. The moisturizer felt rich with a slight cool/sting .. 2 pumps might be a lot for my small face as it took a while to absorb into skin .. will stick to the directions for now and see if I need to modify it later in the week!

This is my acne now (not at it's worst), as I'm about to start the regimen.

post-487713-0-07492200-1442267217.jpg

post-487713-0-07492200-1442267217.jpg

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/16/2015 11:57 am

Day 3

• existing pimples decreased in size and appear less red.
  • developed two whiteheads on my chin
  • no dryness or flakiness yet

Starting today I just used one pump of moisturizer..

I find 2 pumps to be a lot .. even if I do one pump and wait for it to dry before adding the second.

I did pop my whiteheads.. I know.. a habit that needs to be broken >.<

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/21/2015 7:30 am

One week

My breakouts seem under control, I can feel one deep pimple near my jawline.. usually I'd develop 5 new pimples in a matter of days easily.

• Existing acne has calmed down but still red
  • Skin feels slightly dry, no significant flaking yet
  • Skin appears smooth (less bumpy)

Today I'm going to increase my BP to twice per day. Bring on the flakes .. >.<

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/23/2015 5:25 am

Day 8

Increasing BP has definitely caused dryness and sensitivity

• Skin feels hot, and tingly.
  • Flaking is seen around my mouth area and around old no longer visible acne
  • Developed 3 whiteheads

I decided to add Jojoba oil to my moisturizer to help with the dryness.

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/24/2015 11:54 am

Day 9

I think my skin has not yet adjusted to BP .. I was surprised to find my under eyes have become puffy and developed side wrinkles.

even though I'm careful to not spread BP anywhere near my eyes ..

So I think I might cut back on BP .. Maybe just spread it across affected areas ..

• Skin still stings when I apply BP and itches with moisturizer (jojoba helps calm the itchiness)
  • I can feel two deep cysts at the jawline

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and add an eye cream to my routine.