Notifications
Clear all

My Face Gets Red In These Parts? Really Weird...

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/10/2015 7:26 am

Hey guys, so ever since school started, I was getting some facial redness/pinkness. My entire face is normal colored except these parts...:

3ab7963ca337b4853609bb30c2f87e86.png

that and my nose gets really pink as well. Its weird because it only happens when I go out or go to school. These parts seem to feel tight as the day goes on. Can anyone tell me whats going on? I use a very mild natural cleanser + a moisturizer with 30 spf.

MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 09/11/2015 5:27 am

Beginning of Rosacea.

To prevent more redness use laser or light beam - the most effective way I think.

Don't hesitate to use very light makeup. It really helps.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/11/2015 7:51 am

Beginning of Rosacea.

To prevent more redness use laser or light beam - the most effective way I think.

Don't hesitate to use very light makeup. It really helps.

its been like this for more than a year now, yet I see no other signs of rosacea (rash like bumps, visible blood vessels). It only gets pinkish/red when im in school tho..

MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 09/12/2015 9:23 am

I was just pink about 12 years till I got pimples (or how it is called, these similar to acne things).

Now I am pink and from time to time get those acne.

To reduce redness I use laser, good creme & soap and I am in the middle of changing food for less "flamable".

Daily I use makeup, for years nobody even suspected that.

For these long 12 years I had no visible blood vessels, no rashes.

I was only pink and sometimes pinker when I was stressed, ashamed, when temperature changed significantly or ate 10 kiwi's fruit at one time :)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/15/2015 6:47 am

It sounds like early stages of Rosacea. The cheeks and nose turning light red that can come and go is a classic sign. Look for certain triggers for example temperature extremes, spicy foods, stress which can all trigger rosacea.

Yeah I find that coming from a hot environment and then walking into a cold room triggers it. Anything I can do to stop rosacea tho?

MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 09/15/2015 4:04 pm

There is no cure for Rosacea. Really.

You can try to minimize its effects and make your skin healthier as long as possible but you will never treat it like you would treat flu.

I do not know your mentality - if you think only girls use cremes on face then change your attitude.

Since now take care of your skin - use good quality products. For face cleaning example Cetaphil. Clean your face gently, not push it hard. Use cotton pads.

Use good quality cremes - such things won't cost 5 dollars, as they are made especially for sensitive skin.

When you go out daylight use SPF creme. You can choose 20+ as absolute minimum.

When you go skiing at winter use protector creme - heavy layer thing made for mountain trips.'

I do not know your skin type - fat, dry, ect so but it'd good to use creme at night to make skin great at morning.

Change food foor better (other), there is correlation between food type and skin look especially in Rosacea.

Sometimes you may think not everything what is being said about this inflamation is in your case - but there is a lot going on in your body you don't know. Better to keep your skin in better condition than allow to make it worse faster - it is just matter of time till being worse but you can make it later than earlier.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/15/2015 7:53 pm

There is no cure for Rosacea. Really.

You can try to minimize its effects and make your skin healthier as long as possible but you will never treat it like you would treat flu.

I do not know your mentality - if you think only girls use cremes on face then change your attitude.

Since now take care of your skin - use good quality products. For face cleaning example Cetaphil. Clean your face gently, not push it hard. Use cotton pads.

Use good quality cremes - such things won't cost 5 dollars, as they are made especially for sensitive skin.

When you go out daylight use SPF creme. You can choose 20+ as absolute minimum.

When you go skiing at winter use protector creme - heavy layer thing made for mountain trips.'

I do not know your skin type - fat, dry, ect so but it'd good to use creme at night to make skin great at morning.

Change food foor better (other), there is correlation between food type and skin look especially in Rosacea.

Sometimes you may think not everything what is being said about this inflamation is in your case - but there is a lot going on in your body you don't know. Better to keep your skin in better condition than allow to make it worse faster - it is just matter of time till being worse but you can make it later than earlier.

I use sunscreen and moisturizer on my face. Seriously tho I just think my face is sensitive from overuse of acne products previously. No one in my family has rosacea, i only started noticing some pinkness when I started using sunscreen everyday which in turn made my skin white.

MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 09/16/2015 5:10 am

The best would be to contact dermatologist, perhaps it is just sensitiveness from previous acne products, but sincerely I doubt it.

The area of your face which is pinker is common for Rosacea, symtoms you've told - too.

As pink skin will never be normal again (I mean forever, it may be better from time to time though) you should really take care of this.

I do not where you live but go and visit dermatologist, than look for diagnose on the forum.

Nobody is a doctor here, we guess based on the symptoms you tell us - as much I can say myself I started the same way as you 12-14 years ago.

As I was poor I couldn't afford proper treatment, now I am "richer" but it is too late to gretly reduce effects without using make up and puting expensive cremes to make skin better. They work but it is better to take care earlier than later.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/16/2015 4:09 pm

Early stages of rosacea. It sounds like heat is a trigger for your flushing (it is for most people). As others have suggested, laser treatments like v beam are often used and very effective for reducing flushing and baseline redness. If it's very mild, at home red light therapy is also another option but takes a while to see results (6 weeks+). There are tutorials online on how to make your own device which is actually what I've done. Most devices online are way overpriced and use parts that are relatively cheap to purchase and assemble yourself. Moisturizing well and being extremely gentle with your skin is also very important, and whatever you do, do NOT use the product Mirvaso. It causes severe rebound redness in most that use it and can permanently worsen rosacea.

MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 09/18/2015 11:37 am

Weren't you scared to use red lamps you'd made?

I tried to google it but haven't found any reliable source for thing like this.

Would you pinpoint me please?