Notifications
Clear all

Kefir- Not To Drink But For Your Skin(But You Can Drink It Too!)

MemberMember
(@jpaper)

Posted : 09/09/2015 5:28 pm

So I'm 33 years old I had acne really bad in High school did the whole Accutane thing then. I feel as though it was not the solution I thought it was going to be. A few years later my acne came back not as bad but ever year it would get a little worse until I was right back to were I was to start with. I then went on the all natural band wagon and tried just about everything i could find. Honey, garlic,tea tree oil, vinegar, baking soda, none of it seemed to work.

More recently I started making my own milk Kefir to drink and it seemed to help though it didn't help enough I would still get small breakouts here and there though it was much better than it had been. Then I read a blog about kefir that was talked about using it on your skin to change the bacteria that lives on your skin. I thought I would give it a try. So I first put kefir all over my face left it on and then washed it off. I then decided that was the wrong way to go about it and started putting it on after my showers in the morning. My skin has never looked better, not only did all my blemishes disappear quicker than using anything else, face wrinkles are going away and my skin is supper soft. I've only been doing this for about a week now. Though I have started using as though it is body lotion and rub it all over my body, even if you don't have an acne problem this stuff is amazing for your skin. I was worried about smelling like kefir or have weird dried white kefir on me but my skin just absorbs the stuff up and the smell last a few min. I use about 2 tablespoons for my whole body it doesn't take much. I kinda wish i could fill my bath tub up with the stuff and soak in it.

So if you are making kefir to help with acne don't just drink it, use a cotton ball and smother it all over your face, or where ever your problem area might be.

I hope this helps some one I Really wish some one would have told me about this so much longer ago.

If you are new to kefir: Make it at home don't buy it, its cheaper and better anyways.You can buy the grains on Amazon and if you take care of them you never need to buy more, just milk.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 09/19/2015 5:09 pm

I just wanted to let you know, I tried this last night and had outstanding results. I wrote a post about it in 'Diet and Holistic Health' and cross-referenced your post here:

Thank you so much for the amazing tip!