Notifications
Clear all

Hypopigmentation - Scars With Loss Of Pigment - White Scars

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 09/08/2015 11:10 am

Hi people I burned my face using a tca peel 10 months ago and it's completely disfuggerd me.I am having a consolation with Dr khan in harly street London and Mr rawlings in Nottingham . I'm from london.reason I've come to this site is everytime I google recell results the only thing that comes up is this acne site.there are no pics other than the 4 offially recell pics and I'm worried it's a scam.as they want 5000 pounds to dermabrasion and recell to make my skin back to its normal colour why the he'll is it so expensive .there are no reviews anywhere part from here and they are for acne.I don't have acne or anything like that.I'm worried it's bs and won't work.I'm a fitness model that can't go out the house or work for the last 10 months here are pics , there is dark brown pigmentation all around the burn but worst on the right edge

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 09/09/2015 4:33 pm

Juwt wondering, how did you burn yourself with a tca peel?

MemberMember
(@angrej)

Posted : 09/09/2015 5:57 pm

Hi people I burned my face using a tca peel 10 months ago and it's completely disfuggerd me.I am having a consolation with Dr khan in harly street London and Mr rawlings in Nottingham . I'm from london.reason I've come to this site is everytime I google recell results the only thing that comes up is this acne site.there are no pics other than the 4 offially recell pics and I'm worried it's a scam.as they want 5000 pounds to dermabrasion and recell to make my skin back to its normal colour why the he'll is it so expensive .there are no reviews anywhere part from here and they are for acne.I don't have acne or anything like that.I'm worried it's bs and won't work.I'm a fitness model that can't go out the house or work for the last 10 months here are pics , there is dark brown pigmentation all around the burn but worst on the right edge

hey firstly welcome to the site i just want to say recell isnt bs at least from my research in my opinion i think it would help you, did you however ask to see any before and after pictures of these guys work what sort of improvement did they say you could expect.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/26/2015 7:52 am

No before and after pics lol I asked both clinics.they said they onluly have the 4 pics on the site that look fake to me.plus I've seen this 4 pics used on other people's sites advertising miracle creams.red flag.I asked both clinics why there is zero reviews good or bad for recell they don't know.I asked if they can put me in touch with clients that had the recell .they said no as its private.they also want 1000 pounds now upfront and I have to pay 4000 pounds in 8 months to hold the appointment .yes 8 months wait with zenith as the dr is not been in the country all this time .my burn is just over a year old and still pink and blanches on pressure. It looks like it did at month 2 so zero natural improvement.When I ask how well will it work.all I get it you will get some improvement lol.wtf 5000 pounds no reviews no pics no nothing but all they say is improvement. So pissed off and depressed.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/26/2015 6:59 pm

First of all... Sorry for your unfortunate predicament

As far asI'm aware, what i'm about to share with you has no scientific corroboration to back the claims up, but it since you're at apoint of distress, It might be worth a try! You really have nothing to loose.

Ginger and microneedling

ginger and hypopigmentation

I can't attest as to whether the ginger phenomena works or not (that goes for the needling below too), but It seems to have helped a whole bunch of people. Check. Also, a simple google search with the keywords: 'ginger' & 'hypopigmentation' reveals a myriad of information that you may want to check out. It basically calls for rubbing ginger around the affected areas 2-3 times a day for an extended period of time.

microneedlingand hypopigmentation

...see for yourself

notable ones i spotted

You could essentially combine these two. It might increase the ginger's therapeutic effect, i don't know? If you do decide to pursue this road, make sure you blog it! Good luck!

Tano1 liked
MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/26/2015 7:30 pm

Cheers for offering help I tried my derma roller and bimtoprost soloution for a while 3 months didn't help.I may try this ginger idea i read about it but never saw any pics proving it works .the redness on my forehead just wont go away .my burn markis angry red after shower.and light red during theday if its a scarit's not matured as it blanches like sunburn. I just wish recell was legit but it can't be imo as there is zero evidence proving it works.or zero real life pics or results.also I don't think I have hypopigmentation because is hypopigmentation red like a tomato or sunburn? as mine is. I thought hypopigmentation is white skin like vitiligo with no pigment.mine has blood pumping under the burned area as it blanches goes white if I touch it then red when I let go.same if I raise eyebrows the area goes white.then if I relax them it's back to red again

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 11/28/2015 3:00 am

I think you have leucoderma from the chemical burn, i see loss of pigmentation compared to the surrounding skin. The scar is still red due to the capillaries, it's still remodelling, eventually it should turn white. If you want the redness to go away faster, a pulse dye laser will help.

Unfortunately the repigmentation is the bigger issue. I too have scars which i wanted to get repigmented. I tried melanocyte transfer from a piece of skin graft which not much different from how recell works and post procedure had multiple sessions of excimer laser to stimulate melanogenesis but it didn't work one bit.

There are 3 studies on recell for repigmentation. You may not have access to all of them. You can register an account at DeepDyve and have a free 5 minute preview per day for each article

http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/pigmentary-disorders-open-access-abstract.php?abstract_id=30594

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19958370

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18248485

I am 1 week+ post treatment for scar repigmentation by autologus mini grafting where they punch out multiple 1mm size tissue from the scar and replaced it with the same no. and size of donor punch grafts of normal skin from the back of the ear. The pigment from the normal tissue is supposed to spread in a halo around it and repigment the surrounding scar tissue if i were a responder.

You can read about the procedure in this study.

http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=ajd.2014.25.33&org=12

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/28/2015 6:04 pm

So this procedure you are doing on your hypopigmentation scar do you have pics? Also how much does it cost?do you think it's better than recell ?and lastly would you think this procedure would help me and is it available in uk.thank for the links aswell.I'm apsulty desperate to the point of my lifeis completely ruined.so I'm willing to try everything

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 11/30/2015 2:10 am

I too have hypopigmentation. I've tried ginger for 3 months and topical Bimatoprost with Fraxel and had no improvement whatsoever. There was this announcement earlier this month but it's based on the Excimer laser which I was told doesn't work. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/deka-medical-announces-break-through-in-treating-hypopigmentation--the-excilite-u-106879373.html

Honestly I doubt anything will improve hypopigmentation at this time. Trying a procedure at this point is an act of desperation and a waste of money (especially if you are short on cash).

I'm sorry this happened to you...

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 11/30/2015 4:44 am

Look at the study i linked regarding the punch grafts, right now the area looks polka dotted due to the grafts. Cost will depend on the area, it's actully a very easy procedure so i don't expect ethical doctors to charge you an arm or a leg. You have to do your own research to find someone who does it, very likely a dermatologist who specializes in treating vitilgo because that's what the procedure was primarily for.
The other way to get melanocytes into a scar is by hair transplant because the bulge region is full of melanocytic progenitor stem cells that can migrate to the surrounding tissue and repigment the area. Read this study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764757/

The above 2 are really the most viable method i found after extensive research. I don't know of any other effective ways.

If you decide to try the punch graft method, I have another suggestion which is to do a spot testing, just do a few mini grafts implanted into the scar, if there are no results, you can forget about the procedure.

The key is viability of the melanocytes after transplant, by abrading the scar with laser or other methods and then putting a suspension of melanocytes (like recell) and putting a dressing over it, the scar area will not "take" the melanocytes well, the melanocytes will just die because the scar tissue is devoid of blood vessels unlike normal skin.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/30/2015 5:36 am

Cheers mate I did read all the links you gave on mini graft .the polka dot effect is scarey.and I have a huge area to cover I don't think it will work on big areas.I could imagine it working on 1cm spot but not 6 inches by 7 inches of scar.I also read the link to the recell study. That also dosent seem worth5000 pounds if I was a millionare I would try it anyway, just to be a guinne pig as no normal people other than the guysin the study have even had recell for hypo scar from burns,yes dr kahn and rawlings say they do this hypopigmentation procedure daily of tons of people.but that sounds like bs sales taktic. If there was proof recell works from real life forum members with clear documented pics .I would get into the biggest debt of my life .I would try and get 6 credit cards and have it done.I can't get it tattooed either as it's red and they can't tattoo red skin to mach my brown colour ,plus I tan really easily being half black so a tattoo will look odd when i tan and the camo tats don't look great looking online at pics. And they want over 1000 pounds lol,Iwant to know where these thousands of uk people who have had recell are all hiding .I'm thinking perhaps try to tan the area.as I've worn a hat daily tokeep it from sun for 13 months.how would I tan it in uk it's winter lol.bimtoprost trial with dermabrasion and derma roller had amazing results in.the 10 guys.so I tried it didn't do a thing and I went hard with the roller bleeding mess.tried scar treatments also didn't do anything. It's all snake oil.

If u Google recell results all you get is my posts and some bs from 2012 now that scares me considering it's 5000 pounds minumum

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 11/30/2015 8:31 am

Yeah Recell is a totalsham I think, which is why it still isn't FDA approved.

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 11/30/2015 8:58 am

I tried bimatoprost and microneedling, didn't do a thing.

Yes, i agree your affected area is large.

I personally think you should avoid the sun, the normal skin around your scar will just get darker and your scar will just get redder, the contrast will just get worse.

You already have been assessed for medical tattooing? I think that is really a practical alternative.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/30/2015 6:10 pm

No they won't do it because it's red they can't tattoo red skin.and I'm not doing that crap anyway it terrible,also as I tan very very easy and I like to be dark as I'm a bodybuilder and will look like crap as the tattoo won't tan.plus it will never match perfectly. I just want all these thousands of recell customers are hiding I want to know if it's bs .I just can't belive it .to the other guy it's fda arrived mate well it is in my country England. But that means nothing.rogaine for hairloss is fda a proved and it's bullshit dosent work.I just hope someone comes in this thread and say they have a burn like mine they treated with recell and it worked and they have before and after pics.there was a woman called gbl or something and a man called borecboth in 2012 but it didn't fix there hypopigmentation from reading there reviews and looking at pics.but I couldn't see hypopigmentation on the borecguy in the first place. They were fromthis site that had recell and had hypopigmentation but it didn't really help her or him maybe 5percent improvement for her temporary a couple weeks post op.but after a few months her hypopigmentation was white again so it didn't workthat's the only cases that I've found that was documented but didnt update in the end with pics on recell .it's depressing

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 11/30/2015 6:52 pm

Doctors take advantage of so many desperate people... it's sickening

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 11/30/2015 7:10 pm

They definitelytake advantage Idon't know who to trust.dr Jeremy rawlings or dr khan I don't truest either at the moment need some evidence or proof that it wotks

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 12/01/2015 12:00 am

4 hours ago, Aesthetic beast said:

They definitelytake advantage Idon't know who to trust.dr Jeremy rawlings or dr khan I don't truest either at the moment need some evidence or proof that it wotks

hi aesthetic beast i agree with you about dr rawlins also enquired aboutre cell says he has done thousands of these etcwhich i dont dispute but when i asked to see some before and afters says he cant show me any same thing about speaking to patients its a complete waste of time and that should tell you this it isnt good because out of supposed thousandsnot one person has given permission it probably means none of theperson is happy.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 5:13 am

Hope01 Yes recell is a scam I think just reasons beingnot 1 person on earth can share there results lol.I even asked the 2 clinics if I could get a discount if I have the procedure then do a big review and let them post my pics on there site etc etc they straight up told me no way.and no discount.price is strict and for the forehead and dermabrasion price starts at 5000 pounds upwards .so the price is probably. Ore than 5000 grand for forehead only.full face would be like 9 thousand pounds I assume.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 5:51 am

www.vitiligotreatments.co.uk/contact/

I just phoned this place if you look at the pics it's like a miracle.cost 2000 /3000pounds.they said this works and give insane results

I mentioned is this as good asrecell.they gunned down recell saying it's bogus and is 100 percent fake.now I think these guys are selling snake oil as recell is like a competitive company that say they cure hypopigmentation burns.150 pounds non refundable consoltation.in London .the dr is from India and flys in to london only 3 times a year

Is this a scam company preying on us desperate boys or could it be legit I asked what are the garrantee he said no garrantee it but our Dr's are experts and will not do the procedure unless they feel it will work on me.both dr khan and rawlings sales peopleboth used this sales tactic on me.also the guy on the phone was just a sales guy from what sounded like Australia or south Africa or something and he didn't know what I was talking about for the first 2 min of me asking about this procedure on there website.guys I need help with this

www.vitiligotreatments.co.uk/melanocyte-transplantation/

The part that says is one operation enough for complete recovery sounds pretty bad.it's says all patients do not recive full pigmentation in one session roughly 30 percent need to have more surgerys to get complete recovery.this could end up more expensive than recell?

There is contradicting info they tell me recell is vs and dosent work.but the decription of this procedure on there site is identical to that of recell treatment.also they say 94 percent success rate that means after the procedure your pigmentation will be back 65 to 100 percent. But later reads that you need many treatments? Someone please look over the site I've linked and tell me what u think.they say recell.sucks but there decription of this procedure is identical to recell

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 12/01/2015 11:30 am

Read my post, this is the first treatment i tried.
Scar tissue is not the same as vitiligo skin.

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 1:33 pm

What do you mean sodium.I've read all your posts.I don't have vitiligo.I have a pink skin .that company I posted links to deal with vitiligo and burn hypopigmentation scarring.there procedure is identical to recell in there decription on there website.but they said on the phone recell sucksand won't work.we have the best cure for burn scars and hypopigmentation .I send them pics today and they quote me 2000 to 3000 pounds.they only have one dr from India he flys to uk to do this procedure 3 times a year

2 hours ago, sodiumhydroxide said:

Read my post, this is the first treatment i tried.
Scar tissue is not the same as vitiligo skin.

The first treatment u tried was not what thesame as this vitiligo/burns clinic in london is offering unless you have had recell.you told meuhave had mini grafts melanosite transfer .and it has a possibility to get polka dot look.and we said for a larger areas it will not be suitable for me ,this dodgy wompole clinics decription of there procedure is acopy of the recell decription on avitas recell site

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:14 pm

1 hour ago, Aesthetic beast said:

What do you mean sodium.I've read all your posts.I don't have vitiligo.I have a pink skin .that company I posted links to deal with vitiligo and burn hypopigmentation scarring.there procedure is identical to recell in there decription on there website.but they said on the phone recell sucksand won't work.we have the best cure for burn scars and hypopigmentation .I send them pics today and they quote me 2000 to 3000 pounds.they only have one dr from India he flys to uk to do this procedure 3 times a year

The first treatment u tried was not what thesame as this vitiligo/burns clinic in london is offering unless you have had recell.you told meuhave had mini grafts melanosite transfer .and it has a possibility to get polka dot look.and we said for a larger areas it will not be suitable for me ,this dodgy wompole clinics decription of there procedure is acopy of the recell decription on avitas recell site

i have had a consultation with this indian guy definately not a scam really genuine honest guy i recommened you book a consoltation with him he turned me away which shows he isnt out to empty your pocket like dr rawlins any he actually will show you pictures unlike rawlins

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 4:02 pm

Hope01 why did you have a consoltation with this Indian dude have you also got hypopigmentation? 150 pounds is for a consultation. It's the same as recell in every way but 3000 pounds cheaper.but the sales guy said recell is rubbish and this procedure is much better.but they are both the same procedure lol.oh and Hope01 why did he turn u away?

You say he will show pics?I've asked the sales guy and he said no pics.would I have to pay for the consoltation to see the before and after pics?

Also I can't find any reviews if this clinic online either or pics?

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 4:21 pm

Here is a screen shot of the decription of the procedure. At this alternative clinic calling this treatment melanosite transfer instead of recell.but it's the same.what scares me is why are they saying recell dosent work but there treatment works and they are the same treatment. 

daJNtil.jpg

MemberMember
(@aesthetic-beast)

Posted : 12/01/2015 5:04 pm

I'm thinking about taking a risk with this Indian clinic,I must be crazy to risk wasting 2000/3000 pounds on an unknown clinic with conflicting information all aver there website.and on the phone.no pics or reviews or evidence it works