Notifications
Clear all

Is My Accutane Dosage Too High?

MemberMember
(@notablepod)

Posted : 09/07/2015 2:09 pm

Hi!

I've recently started my third month of Clavaris. I'm a 24 year old female who weighs 135 lbs (about 61 kg).

For two and a half months now I've been taking 40 mg two times a day now.

At first, the high dosage was hell, causing me to have body pains, terrible breakouts and dry skin.

Now its just causing dry skin thats manageable for the most part and my breakouts are quickly going away.

But I've been looking around it seems like people are on a lower dose than me and I'm concerned.

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 09/07/2015 3:12 pm

I'm not sure but I was on 60mg a day and im around 50kg, maybe a little less. So that works out, relative to weight, that I was on 10mg less than yourself. I think some derms do it so youre on a higher dose with a shorter course opposed to starting on a small dose and being on it for longer.

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 09/07/2015 6:35 pm

The higher u can tolerate the more u could get permanent results.

I am a male that weighed right under 140 lbs and I was 24 when I went on accutane. I did 40 for 3 months and then 60 for the final 2 or 3 (was on 5 or 6 months can't remember). I had just one or two zits at a time, but my skin scars soooo easy that any zit is a huge deal.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure your doc knows what they r doing.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 09/08/2015 2:28 pm

80 mg is ok for your weight, if you can handle the side effects. The higher your dosage the shorter your course, so that is a plus. I was on 60 mg with 45 kg, which is about the same per kg as you are taking