Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys,

Short update.

I'm currently on accutane and my skin is pretty much clear. I eat low glycemic foods, only drinks water, eat berries, fruits, vegetables etc.

Yesterday and today I ate oatmeal with some honey, will this cause any pimples or make me break out? It was only yesterday and today, that I ate honey with my oatmeal.

Do you have any experience with acne and honey? Will I get pimples because I ate it yesterday and today?

In the last 7 months I cut out completely from my diet sugar, dairy, chips, fast-food, oceanic fish, high glycemic index food, corn, eggs, bananas, grapes, nuts, almonds, soda etc. and when I asked my derm about honey, he said I can't eat it either.

Honey is low-moderate GI, and the glycemic load is really low.. so I don't see any medical reason why it would cause any acne? Unless you had some sort of sensitivity to it ahaha. Unless it was that creamed honey with a ton of sugar added, even then I don't think it would give you any issues, the link between sugar and acne is only questionable and beginning to be established IF there is even a link.. That and you eat healthy most all the time anyway, the body would account for the occasional slip up.

Honey is low-moderate GI, and the glycemic load is really low.. so I don't see any medical reason why it would cause any acne? Unless you had some sort of sensitivity to it ahaha. Unless it was that creamed honey with a ton of sugar added, even then I don't think it would give you any issues, the link between sugar and acne is only questionable and beginning to be established IF there is even a link.. That and you eat healthy most all the time anyway, the body would account for the occasional slip up.

Haha, thanks dude, well I eat it sometimes, but I prefer to put apples or some sort of fruit in my oatmeal instead :D

Haha, thanks dude, well I eat it sometimes, but I prefer to put apples or some sort of fruit in my oatmeal instead :D

I'm sure a little bit of honey occasionally isnt going to hurt :) It is sugar though so b careful not to have too much.