Notifications
Clear all

Severe Cystic Acne... Kinda Getting Depressed

MemberMember
(@dbpi)

Posted : 09/05/2015 9:48 am

Hello, I am 17 years old and I have been dealing with acne since the start of highschool, and ever since then I have not enjoyed myself due to my acne. I often cancel plans to go out because I am to ashamed/embarrassed to be seen in public with my acne. I am not enjoying life so far (don't worry im not suicidal). I really would like to go out with friends a girl but my acne just gets in the way. I believe I have cystic acne and sensitive skin and a lot of acne scars because I used to pop a lot... I mainly want to buy products if anyone can recommend anything.post-488543-0-85328600-1441464502.jpg

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 09/06/2015 8:05 am

PLEASE STOP POP / stop touching ur face and go to a dermatologist

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 09/06/2015 12:31 pm

Ok the first response was just rude. But i do agree a dermatologist visit would be smart, if your parents are up for that. My insurance covers dermatologist visits, I'm not sure if others do though. Anyway, a derm can recommend and prescribe products for you. Topical drug store acne creams aren't worth it in my opinion. If you want a wash, try something gentle for most days of the week (won't recommend anything specific cause it's different for everyone's skin), but then try a benzoyl peroxide wash a few nights a week. I have PanOxyl but there might be better products out there, IDK. Try adn start with 2.5% BP at first if you've never put BP on your skin.

It's really hard to tell from that picture, but it doesn't look like cystic acne to me. You know more about your skin than I do though.

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 09/09/2015 4:42 pm

I agree with Stephen23, it does not look like you have cystic acne. In fact, it seems as though you don't have much acne, just scars mainly. What does your skin care routine look like?

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 09/09/2015 7:01 pm

Agreed an antibacterial wash containing bp or other agents could help. Some epiology could really help with calming down the redness you have there with your sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/21/2015 6:43 pm

Honestly I don't have any products to recommend, have you tried dan's regimen? I would suggest you go to a dermatalogist. I know thats probably what everyone tells you and that's the last thing you want to do but if you've had it for awhile, just go. I'm 15 and going to the derm for the first time this week, I don't have insurance so it's a bit pricey but I am hoping it's going to be woorth it. Just go, it's better to go now before you spend hundreds of dollars on products that won't work, you have almost nothing to loose. Good Luck.

MemberMember
(@jorgem1009)

Posted : 09/27/2015 7:14 pm

Use gentle washes that include benzoyl peroxide to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. And also dont pick at your face. You risk spreading the bacteria deeper into your pores and into other pores that will later become acne. Our fingers are filled with bacteria and picking at your face will only make matters worse. Good luck

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/28/2015 2:40 pm

Use gentle washes that include benzoyl peroxide to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. And also dont pick at your face. You risk spreading the bacteria deeper into your pores and into other pores that will later become acne. Our fingers are filled with bacteria and picking at your face will only make matters worse. Good luck

Not to be rude or anything but how can a wash be gentle with benzoyl peroxide in it?

MemberMember
(@jorgem1009)

Posted : 09/28/2015 10:10 pm

Not to be rude or anything but how can a wash be gentle with benzoyl peroxide in it?

I mean a BP wash with the lowest concentration, no skin irritants (like menthol) and no beads. That's what I mean...