Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovePlastic

Fasting For Scars (Experiment/proof/photos) Iso

I believe in this. When fasting, your body has the ability to heal what it couldn't before while having to digest food.

I tried a fast awhile ago, at first its hard, there are cravings, and then they disappear and the energy and clarity of mind is like nothing else. I am going to slowly prepare myself for a fast.

I'm not good at this. I get fatigued easily and crave food. This is probably due to being highly toxic all my life and eating crap food for 25 years. Even as a baby my mom fed me refined cards and Mac n cheese. I had no idea it would affect my health and skin. I never cared about what I put into my mouth, I simply didn't think it mattered. Now I'm trying to reverse this.
>

>>Any Improvements this morning?

>
Improvements are slowing. The first few days I saw a bigger difference but it's probably due to the fact I have been fasting intensely off and on the past few weeks. Keep in mind AFTER fasting your body will continue to heal due to having a clearer system. After fasting it is harder to get acne and it goes away a lot faster too. During this time I have gotten compliments about my looks from people who know me.

One thing to note, my under eye circles are slowly fading and my cheeks are getting a pink tint.

It really is all mental. Nothing more. I did an apple juice fast. After the initial 2 days, I didn't even feel hunger.

I am also trying a meal a day. I eat within a certain 8 hour time window, but I do remember a time where I ate within a couple of hours for the whole day and my skin looked as if it was healing.

The body is capable of healing itself. We just have to get there. If you are eating all day, there is no time for the body to fix what is broken.

This is old news. Even ancient. People act like its a "new age" fantasy.

To me it's logical how the body heals itself during fasting. With all the crap we eat, the body has to work hard to digest it.

I usually fall asleep after crap food because my body gets so damn tired working.

I believe in this. When fasting, your body has the ability to heal what it couldn't before while having to digest food.

I tried a fast awhile ago, at first its hard, there are cravings, and then they disappear and the energy and clarity of mind is like nothing else. I am going to slowly prepare myself for a fast.

I'm not good at this. I get fatigued easily and crave food. This is probably due to being highly toxic all my life and eating crap food for 25 years. Even as a baby my mom fed me refined cards and Mac n cheese. I had no idea it would affect my health and skin. I never cared about what I put into my mouth, I simply didn't think it mattered. Now I'm trying to reverse this.
>

>>Any Improvements this morning?

>ockquote> Improvements are slowing. The first few days I saw a bigger difference but it's probably due to the fact I have been fasting intensely off and on the past few weeks. Keep in mind AFTER fasting your body will continue to heal due to having a clearer system. After fasting it is harder to get acne and it goes away a lot faster too. During this time I have gotten compliments about my looks from people who know me.

One thing to note, my under eye circles are slowly fading and my cheeks are getting a pink tint.

It really is all mental. Nothing more. I did an apple juice fast. After the initial 2 days, I didn't even feel hunger.

I am also trying a meal a day. I eat within a certain 8 hour time window, but I do remember a time where I ate within a couple of hours for the whole day and my skin looked as if it was healing.

The body is capable of healing itself. We just have to get there. If you are eating all day, there is no time for the body to fix what is broken.

This is old news. Even ancient. People act like its a "new age" fantasy.

To me it's logical how the body heals itself during fasting. With all the crap we eat, the body has to work hard to digest it.

I usually fall asleep after crap food because my body gets so damn tired working.

Yeah, some people can't grasp the concept of nature.

Ok this morning I was feeling too weak and broke the fast

Here are the final results. Sorry for bad lighting it has been cloudy here the past few weeks.

Tell me what you think?

post-128949-0-30235100-1441843920.jpg

Wow, great improvement! Congratulations man, looks great. So you went 4 days without eating? Also, what did you do to take your mind off of hunger?

Wow, great improvement! Congratulations man, looks great. So you went 4 days without eating? Also, what did you do to take your mind off of hunger?

Thanks!! :D

It was 5 days but keep in mind I was fasting on and off the week I started and the week before. So that helped.

I couldn't keep my mind off hunger. Some people can others can't. Really depends on how toxic your body is.

If you eat lots of fruits and veggies it shouldn't be too bad. If you eat greasy burgers, fries, cakes and cookies, you'll CRAVE and it'll be tough.

Also like I said, the marks turned pinkish, you can still clearly see them but they now blend with the rest of my skin better. My skin also smoothened out. Fasting works for all skin conditions. This was just one example. Other part of my body were healing also.

Another note: I started the fast with a lot of small wounds which slowed the process. I'm just glad I finished :)

Edited by LovePlastic

Lightings too different to really compare. I know personally when I take pics of my skin, the lightings the key to tell if theres improvement. Some lighting will make my skin look flawless and have no redness, especially when its cloudy outside, even in the same room. My skin looked great when I went to washington because the weathers always so gloomy, however in southern cali, because its almost always sunny, my scars tend to stick out more. Not saying its not helping, but the 2 pics arent really compareable, like last one's much more yellow which can blend scars better.

Edited by NomNomWaffles

Lightings too different to really compare. I know personally when I take pics of my skin, the lightings the key to tell if theres improvement. Some lighting will make my skin look flawless and have no redness, especially when its cloudy outside, even in the same room. My skin looked great when I went to washington because the weathers always so gloomy, however in southern cali, because its almost always sunny, my scars tend to stick out more. Not saying its not helping, but the 2 pics arent really compareable, like last one's much more yellow which can blend scars better.

Yes that's %100 my fault.

It's weird because I swear I took them in the same lighting situations. It was cloudy both days and taken in the same room in the same spot.

And yes it did help. My skin is a lot smoother too.

Hmmmmm, I may do a day fast for tomorrow, not for my scars persay, but for other health benefits. But, although I've read it may stimulate adult stems cells before, and of course stimulates autophagy, but short term fasting stimulates the human growth hormone as well, which I didn't know about. Makes sense though. And my skin and hair look much better when I regularly do exercises that stimulate the HGH. I still am quite neutral on the belief that fasting could help already formed indented scars, but I'll experiment a bit. I am really curious if fasting could potentially help with the single needling technique for scars though, as long as one eats well and gets plenty of calories/protein/fat between fastings. I maaaaaaay try that in the future.

A question though, do you lose much weight during fasts? I don't even weigh 100 lbs and I don't want to lose anymore weight XD. And also, do you exercise at all while you fast? Thanks :)

EDIT: A link to wound healing + fasting. The fasting group developed more arranged collagen and healed faster. Pretty interesting. Makes me more curious about about single needling scars and fasting.

http://www.woundsresearch.com/article/influence-short-term-repeated-fasting-skin-wound-healing-female-mice

Edited by NomNomWaffles

To the OP, I'm really sorry you suffered acne for so long and definitely feel for you...but the others are right. I tried natural and homeopathic remedies for acne and scars for years out of desperation and was left angry and upset every time time. Sometimes I would get temporary "improvements" that were entirely coincidental, and then I'd be back to square one. No one here is trying to spread hate but to help you to understand that this is not only physiologically impossible to improve scarring but also risky. The good news is that there are plenty of effective non-aggressive treatments for both PIH and scarring but this isn't one of them.

Edited by missamua

I say go this guy! But i think juice fasting is the way to go. Theres a whole doco about it on netflix you guys might wanna check out. Fat, sick and nearly dead.

If you want to convince people this is a legitimate method, you'd better be scientific about the way you present your argument. Like others have said, the lighting is totally different, and offers no evidence that the fasting did anything. To examine any acne scarring, you should ideally have direct overhead lighting to accentuate the unevenness of the skin.

Edited by zugzwang