Notifications
Clear all

Fasting For Scars (Experiment/proof/photos) Iso

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/04/2015 3:17 pm

Hello I had severe acne for about 9 years and acne for even longer, 14 years.

When I say severe I mean it. I think I had what's called acne conglorama or something like that. Basically it's a ton of huge pusy pimples that leave scars even when not popped.

The past few years I've been treating myself naturally after doctors gave up.

The results were amazing but now I'm left with TONS and I mean tons of scars. I've recently started fasting and noticed my scars clearing up a lot faster during and after the fast.

My right shoulder has the darkest and most scars compared to the rest of my body. I will be documenting a short fast here using my shoulder as reference to show you just how powerful and cool fasting is.

Today is day one and I will try my best to update everything I do to the area. I have coconut oil and aloe Vera plants in my yard so I will be using these to speed up the process.

Day One:

Drank Pineapple kefir

Drank sweet pineapple water kefir

(I try to avoid sugary drinks, this one wasn't fully fermented it seems)

Drank coconut water kefir

post-128949-0-40178100-1441397826.jpg

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/04/2015 5:08 pm

P. S. 2 weeks ago these marks were about twice as dark. I did a few intense dry and water fasts before today which definitely helped the tone.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 09/04/2015 10:20 pm

PIH is not true scarring.

And fasting will not fill up your scars, to claim otherwise is quackery.

Fehheh77, missamua, Ang22 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/05/2015 1:33 pm

Day 2

Wow yesterday I was detoxing more than usual.

This morning I can visually see a difference. This is nice !

Faster than expected.

Activity:

Drank some pineapple water Kefir left over from yesterday

Drank lime water kefir

Drank lime water

Drank some pineapple water kefir

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/05/2015 5:40 pm

PIH is not true scarring.

And fasting will not fill up your scars, to claim otherwise is quackery.

I'm not "claiming" anything here. This is my experience. If you can't accept it and it's too hard for you to understand than you and everyone who agree with you can off.

Did you not read my post? It WORKED already. This thread is for educational purposes, to help those who are curious and may consider fasting for scars.

I'm here to help people. If you're only gonna be here to criticize and be closed minded, you're only gonna disturb those who need help and they don't need this.

As far as "true scars" go you can get out with that. I've had these scars for over a decade and they've literally made my life hell. Tell me these aren't "real scars".

---*Moderator edit* - Please watch your language --

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/05/2015 6:09 pm

I have 3 types of scars. Ice pick, PIH and the ones that wrinkle your skin. All are on my shoulder as well.

Yes it IS helping. Your disbelief doesn't change a thing.

MemberMember
(@ihenryi)

Posted : 09/05/2015 7:56 pm

I struggle with red marks from old acne as well. How exactly are you fasting? Like do you eat nothing and just drink water? Also, what do you mean by detoxifying? Sorry if I seem na¯ve, this just seems very interesting to me, and like something I might like to try. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your red marks :D

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/05/2015 11:06 pm

Not saying fasting would work or not for indented scars, but I remember reading something a bit back where fasting may stimulate the body to make stem cells, at least with the immune system. But yeah I don't think the body would really bother replacing scar tissue with normal tissue especially at skin level. Its possible I guess though, I'm not one to try it out though lol. Good luck though with your experiment, just watch your weight and listen to your body :)

Yea I do listen to my body and I forgot to mention this will be a short fast like 5 days unfortunately. BIG results appear around the 10 day mark.

Apparently when you abstain from food you gain %40 energy which your body can now allocate to healing.

I struggle with red marks from old acne as well. How exactly are you fasting? Like do you eat nothing and just drink water? Also, what do you mean by detoxifying? Sorry if I seem na¯ve, this just seems very interesting to me, and like something I might like to try. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your red marks :D

I've been water and dry fasting lately. These have given me amazing results fast. Yes scars fade eventually but fasting boosts it by like %500. Probably more but I'm being modest here. Water fasting is drinking water only. Dry fasting is avoiding all food and liquid. Oh and I've been water kefir fasting the first day of my fasts(water kefir only) because it's delicious and helps digestion.

This fast I'm planing on 1. Water kefir fasting 2. Water kefir and lime water. 3. Water 4. Water 5 water in that order.

NO FOOD on any of these fasts.

Re:Detoxyfying

After trying detox diets etc. I now know how it feels.

I'm sure everyone's different but what I got yesterday was a headache, filth coating on my teeth and tongue and weakness. This usually hits me on the 3rd day.

Not naive, you're just curious and this is exactly why I made this thread.

After years of being greedy with info I figured I could give back a little.

Also you said "like to try". Keep in mind it's a lot harder when you start out. Try a day a week for a month and then go from there.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/05/2015 11:40 pm

smh

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 09/06/2015 1:29 am

I'm going to post the following for the benefit of anybody thinking about trying this.

Don't bother. There is no biochemical rationale for any of this, no clear mechanism to account for how caloric restriction supposedly results in atrophic scars being filled in. Despite how convinced LovePlastic seems, I assure you any improvements he is seeing are merely temporary, likely due to some kind of plumping or drying/stretching effect caused by the fasting and its related processes. And I should add he isn't the first one to come here claiming this, there have been others and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them could NOT demonstrate ANY kind of permanent improvements, not a one.

At the very most, and I'm talking theoretically here, there MIGHT be some reduction in scar tissue due to the lysing of proteins that occurs when the body is entering starvation mode, but this would take quite a long time and would have a negligible effect on atrophic scars since collagen loss is what primarily defines them, not scar tissue. And you could possibly get that same effect, likely even better, simply by taking proteolytic enzymes, no fasting necessary.

The ONLY thing that legitimately fills in atrophic acne scars is collagen induction through controlled injury of the scar itself, that is IT. Any claims to the contrary are ridiculously unscientific and are basically magical thinking. Spare yourself and try something that actually works.

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/06/2015 11:24 am

Day 3

I've seen some unique improvement today. My skin seemed to smoothen out more than fade. Still a visible difference which is nice.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT used anything topically on my skin since starting. No soap, no lotion, no aloe Vera, no cremes, no exfoliating. Nothing.

Also note: before I started I got kicked and punched a few times. I have a red scrape on my shin and a bruise on my left arm. This could potentially slow down healing since there's more the body has to deal with.

Forgot to mention this :)

Activity:

Drank lime water

Drank lime water

Drank lime water

Drank lemon lime water

*donated Plasma

Drank coconut kefir

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/06/2015 2:08 pm

<snip>

It worked for me. So don't bother.

smh

After a decade of trying every soap, antibiotic, scrub and pill, and doctors telling me to "just deal with it", I had so much acne and scaring I looked like a burn victim. I haven't went swimming since I was a little child and that's what I miss the most.

I decided to take things into my own hands and for the first time ever I saw results.

I think I have a lot more information to share than a "smh" from a person who's only here to spread hate.

MemberMember
(@ihenryi)

Posted : 09/06/2015 2:54 pm

Good luck man, I'm praying for you.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 09/06/2015 3:37 pm

I believe you believe, its just that there is no basis in human biochemistry to make what you say plausible, let alone possible. Its akin to somebody with an amputated limb claiming their hand is starting to grow back because they've stopped drinking strawberry milkshakes, there needs to be a cause and effect demonstrated that makes sense and that can be quantified and analyzed.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT used anything topically on my skin since starting. No soap, no lotion, no aloe Vera, no cremes, no exfoliating. Nothing.

OK, and what happens when you stop washing and exfoliating your skin? The epidermis starts to pile up on itself as the dead cells that would otherwise have sloughed off remain in place. The result is a temporary thickening effect that is further highlighted by the under-moisturized skin drying and stretching.

So, until you resume your usual skincare routine you can't claim any improvement, all you're doing now is deluding yourself and others.

And neither Robertitoo nor myself are here to "spread hate", we're simply more acutely aware of how scar reversal works in the real world, there is no quick and easy fix.

missamua liked
MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/06/2015 7:43 pm

I believe you believe, its just that there is no basis in human biochemistry to make what you say plausible, let alone possible. Its akin to somebody with an amputated limb claiming their hand is starting to grow back because they've stopped drinking strawberry milkshakes, there needs to be a cause and effect demonstrated that makes sense and that can be quantified and analyzed.

OK, and what happens when you stop washing and exfoliating your skin? The epidermis starts to pile up on itself as the dead cells that would otherwise have sloughed off remain in place. The result is a temporary thickening effect that is further highlighted by the under-moisturized skin drying and stretching.

So, until you resume your usual skincare routine you can't claim any improvement, all you're doing now is deluding yourself and others.

And neither Robertitoo nor myself are here to "spread hate", we're simply more acutely aware of how scar reversal works in the real world, there is no quick and easy fix.

There's been tons of explanation for why the body heals during a fast. You gotta be trolling me.

I don't have a "usual skin care routine". ESPECIALLY on my right shoulder. This is what the entire thread is using as reference. Lol xD

*facepalm*

Robertitoo?

The person who replied with his VAST amount of knowledge?!

Glad to see he's on your team! Smh.

Good luck man, I'm praying for you.

That's sweet. Thanks!

I wish you could see how fast the dark circles under my eyes are clearing. I mean the difference today was way faster than my skin has been.

Before I started working on my own health I used to look like I had dark eyeshadow around my eyes.

This is a nice bonus!

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/07/2015 1:20 pm

Okay yesterday I did something I probably shouldn't have. I donated plasma while fasting. My blood was very very clear obviously with not much grease/fat.

Some people say you'll die if you go 3 days without eating. I'm still alive.

Day 4

Activity:

Drank water

Drank water

Drank water

Applied aloe vera

Applied coconut oil

MemberMember
(@ihenryi)

Posted : 09/07/2015 3:10 pm

How long do you plan on going without food?

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/07/2015 8:37 pm

How long do you plan on going without food?

Not long unfortunately. You start seeing huge improvements around the 10 day mark depending on your body.

I'm planing on going another 48 hours. It's recommended you break the fast slowly by drinking fruit and veggie juice and eating juicy fruit(grapefruit, oranges, watermelon)

Since I have an event happening on the 10th that involves good food I will break my fast the evening before. It's not enough time as you need about 3 days to reintroduce hard to digest food but I have a food addiction so I screw up a lot.

At the end I will take a new pic and you can be the judge whether the fast worked or if I'm full of it.

I won't expect a huge improvement but a big improvement for sure. I found when I don't fast scars take years to go away.

I have a nasty bump on my chest that has been flattening since fasting.

MemberMember
(@ihenryi)

Posted : 09/08/2015 12:52 pm

Any Improvements this morning?

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/08/2015 2:14 pm

Day 5:

Not much improvement :(

Though the spots are turning pinkish which is interesting.

I am feeling weak and almost feel like breaking the fast. But I'm gonna pull through until tomorrow for you guys.

Remember this is a live experiment for education and documentation.

Activity:

Drank a little water

Drank water

Drank water

Drank water

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 09/08/2015 4:47 pm

I believe in this. When fasting, your body has the ability to heal what it couldn't before while having to digest food.

I tried a fast awhile ago, at first its hard, there are cravings, and then they disappear and the energy and clarity of mind is like nothing else. I am going to slowly prepare myself for a fast.

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/08/2015 6:15 pm

I believe in this. When fasting, your body has the ability to heal what it couldn't before while having to digest food.

I tried a fast awhile ago, at first its hard, there are cravings, and then they disappear and the energy and clarity of mind is like nothing else. I am going to slowly prepare myself for a fast.

I'm not good at this. I get fatigued easily and crave food. This is probably due to being highly toxic all my life and eating crap food for 25 years. Even as a baby my mom fed me refined cards and Mac n cheese. I had no idea it would affect my health and skin. I never cared about what I put into my mouth, I simply didn't think it mattered. Now I'm trying to reverse this.

Any Improvements this morning?

Improvements are slowing. The first few days I saw a bigger difference but it's probably due to the fact I have been fasting intensely off and on the past few weeks. Keep in mind AFTER fasting your body will continue to heal due to having a clearer system. After fasting it is harder to get acne and it goes away a lot faster too. During this time I have gotten compliments about my looks from people who know me.

One thing to note, my under eye circles are slowly fading and my cheeks are getting a pink tint.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 09/09/2015 10:12 am

I'm not good at this. I get fatigued easily and crave food. This is probably due to being highly toxic all my life and eating crap food for 25 years. Even as a baby my mom fed me refined cards and Mac n cheese. I had no idea it would affect my health and skin. I never cared about what I put into my mouth, I simply didn't think it mattered. Now I'm trying to reverse this.

>>Any Improvements this morning?

Improvements are slowing. The first few days I saw a bigger difference but it's probably due to the fact I have been fasting intensely off and on the past few weeks. Keep in mind AFTER fasting your body will continue to heal due to having a clearer system. After fasting it is harder to get acne and it goes away a lot faster too. During this time I have gotten compliments about my looks from people who know me.

One thing to note, my under eye circles are slowly fading and my cheeks are getting a pink tint.

It really is all mental. Nothing more. I did an apple juice fast. After the initial 2 days, I didn't even feel hunger.

I am also trying a meal a day. I eat within a certain 8 hour time window, but I do remember a time where I ate within a couple of hours for the whole day and my skin looked as if it was healing.

The body is capable of healing itself. We just have to get there. If you are eating all day, there is no time for the body to fix what is broken.

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/09/2015 10:20 am

>

>

It really is all mental. Nothing more. I did an apple juice fast. After the initial 2 days, I didn't even feel hunger.

I am also trying a meal a day. I eat within a certain 8 hour time window, but I do remember a time where I ate within a couple of hours for the whole day and my skin looked as if it was healing.

The body is capable of healing itself. We just have to get there. If you are eating all day, there is no time for the body to fix what is broken.

This is old news. Even ancient. People act like its a "new age" fantasy.

To me it's logical how the body heals itself during fasting. With all the crap we eat, the body has to work hard to digest it.

I usually fall asleep after crap food because my body gets so damn tired working.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 09/09/2015 3:59 pm

>

>ockquote>Improvements are slowing. The first few days I saw a bigger difference but it's probably due to the fact I have been fasting intensely off and on the past few weeks. Keep in mind AFTER fasting your body will continue to heal due to having a clearer system. After fasting it is harder to get acne and it goes away a lot faster too. During this time I have gotten compliments about my looks from people who know me.

This is old news. Even ancient. People act like its a "new age" fantasy.

To me it's logical how the body heals itself during fasting. With all the crap we eat, the body has to work hard to digest it.

I usually fall asleep after crap food because my body gets so damn tired working.

Yeah, some people can't grasp the concept of nature.