Notifications
Clear all

How To Not Break Out After Eating Sugars E.g Cakes/chocolate/biscuits

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 09/04/2015 8:51 am

Hi, okay so i like many get breakouts after eating sugars, from a rise in insulin possibly im not 100% sure why but i know that i do!

However is there a way for me to counter act this like maybe doing some exercise before or after eating it so the energy that gets put into my body is used up? Rather than sitting there spiking insulin levels and causing spots?

Any advice would help

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/08/2015 10:34 pm

I don't think probiotics really do anything as far as filtering the sugar your body is digesting. Digestion starts in the mouth and it's a long process. I'm not even sure if I buy into the whole 'eat sugary foods-you get pimples' kinda thing. I've never read any evidence stating that this causes or worsens acne. I've been on very healthy diets (gluten-free, dairy-free, low-sugar for example) and it hadn't done a thing to my skin. I'll add that I was supplementing with probiotics too because I read that it helps with acne somehow. Actually, I stopped probiotics because it was causing me nausea. Isn't that weird? It's like the opposite of what a probiotic is meant to do. I suppose if you don't need something, your body will find ways to tell you...

Zurib19 liked
MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/18/2015 5:25 pm

Honestly, I find that drinking a LOT(6-8 cups) of organic pure green tea really kinda helps to maintain blood sugar levels. It stops testosterone(which spikes high after sugary or fatty foods) to convert into DHT(causes acne), so yeah...green tea may help, but from now on keep a strong will power, and a strong dedication to never reach for anything sugary. I know it's hard, but you have to WANT clear skin, more than satisfying cravings. I wish you the best of luck. We all slip up sometimes , so don't beat yourself up about it:)

Zurib19 liked
MemberMember
(@spaceblues)

Posted : 09/19/2015 4:21 am

Hmm im not sure but i dont really break out anymore no matter what i eat since im almost always on my med. (Tretinoin)

Maybe the medication gets rid of any acne flareups before they get to a worse stage or before they become noticable.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 09/19/2015 5:00 am

Metformin or maybe Berberine.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/20/2015 11:08 am

I don't think probiotics really do anything as far as filtering the sugar your body is digesting. Digestion starts in the mouth and it's a long process. I'm not even sure if I buy into the whole 'eat sugary foods-you get pimples' kinda thing. I've never read any evidence stating that this causes or worsens acne. I've been on very healthy diets (gluten-free, dairy-free, low-sugar for example) and it hadn't done a thing to my skin. I'll add that I was supplementing with probiotics too because I read that it helps with acne somehow. Actually, I stopped probiotics because it was causing me nausea. Isn't that weird? It's like the opposite of what a probiotic is meant to do. I suppose if you don't need something, your body will find ways to tell you...

You may want to try other types of probiotics? Like eating them instead of taking a supplement? I like to drink probiotic drinks : ) I also had to stop one of my supplements because it gave me pretty bad nausea. It was my Zinc supp. Eekk. But i switched ti Zyflammend. It's not a Zinc supplement, but like Zinc it helps for inflammation.

Thanks for this. I've tried Dr. Phillips and Culturelle and CVS' knock-off brands but they didn't help my stomach. I eat things that are loaded with good bacteria though such as plain Greek yogurt and kefir. lol That last one doesn't taste all that good unless you mix it with something sweet :P

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/28/2015 3:08 pm

I would second the green tea. I have been drinking organic gree tea for the past 2 months, and it's really helped with the amount of cysts I've gotten. But for it to be effective, you will need to drink at least 3 cups every single day. You could add a tsp or 2 of raw honey as the honey has many benefits if you drink it however I like mine plain.