Notifications
Clear all

Nose Scar? Help!

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 09/02/2015 5:15 pm

I am a 20 year old male. Have had Mild acne for the most part since about age 15. Been on multiple treatments (Differin,Finacea,Retin A). My skin had always been oily, especially on my nose. As a teenager I was dumb and gave my pimples hell trying to pop them, poke them etc.. you name it.

3 years ago my I took a course of Accutane and all my skin problems were solved while on Accutane and for a year and a half after.

This last year the oil has returned to my nose and has given me large sebaceous plugs making my pores look giant. So I dicdided to use retin-a and 2% SA wash, this helped and I was dumb and stopped the use of retin a and thought the wash was the thing I only needed. After a few months just using the wash and washing my nose a little more vigorously than normal to combat the oil, I noticed excessive nose redness on the sides of my nose. At this point the pores on my nose were all filled with sebaceous plugs and blackheads, I could literally take tweezers and pluck each plug but It would just return in a matter of days. I went to the derm and he diagnosed me with Seb Derm and prescribed me Sodium Sulfacetimide 10% and Sulfur 5%. This helped initially through the winter months but when summer hit my scar became more prominent and the redness came back. Let me add that I DO use 30 SPF sunscreen religiously before I go outside. So I went back to the derm, he then prescribed me to duac (Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide) and I used that for about 3 months, the duac moderately helped the blackheads but made my scar so much more noticeable, especially red in color, along with making the sides of my nose red.

Currently im just back on the Sulfacetimide 10% abd Sulfer 5% and its not helping or making it worse.

SO my question really is, how can I cure this redness? What is causing the redness, broken capillaries? What kind of scar is this? Can it be treated?

I attached some pictures of my nose, I chose the lighting it looks the worst in. In some lightings it is not this apparent.

PLEASE HELP. Thanks guys :)

post-157440-0-07270700-1441231952.png

post-157440-0-57463600-1441231962.png

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 09/03/2015 4:42 pm

I think it's because of picking black heads. Don't touch your nose. You can try lemon juice, though.

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 09/07/2015 3:45 pm

So I think I'm going to head into my dermatologist and ask him about V-beam laser for this. Does anyone think that could help my situation? Pretty sure they are broken capillaries im dealing with. If in fact I do decide to do the V-beam, what can I expect for downtime and the healing process?

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 09/08/2015 1:59 pm

bump