Notifications
Clear all

I Just Can't Do This Anymore, I Can't.

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 09/02/2015 12:34 pm

I have severe cystic acne. I've been dealing with bad acne ever since I was 12 years old. I am turning 21 in a week or so. I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING you could think of. Whether it be over the counter or prescription from a dermatologist. NOTHING WORKS. I am at my wits end.

I hate myself, I truly and absolutely hate myself. I never want to do anything anymore and it is even hard to go to work and school because I am ashamed to look this way.

I go to my dermatologist on Friday...... I will be asking for accutane..... I'm terrified, I don't know if she will give it to me or not..... But I need this, because I just can't do this anymore.

I really need some positive reinforcement or something.

Please.

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 09/02/2015 1:21 pm

Ok so eh, I may not be able to give you advices on how you should be improving your skin but I can tell you how hard it feels.

When I was 13, I started with mild acne and about 1-2 years further I had already developed cystic acne, most of them was on my cheek.

Everyday I hated myself, I kept complaining to my dad to get help from someone because the amount of hate I had put into myself was just incredible.

I bought products, products that wouldn't even make a difference over my skin, some made it even worse. My dad kept repeatedly saying ''your skin looks better than anyone'' just to make me feel comfortable and these recommended products that didn't even make a single difference. At this point I gave up.

A friend of mine knew the struggle of what I was going thru and once he told me, ''these products you put on your face may be the products you never want to use again''. I quitted using products and after few months, my acne started fading away and since I picked ALOT on it and because of that I had so many scars left by these cystic acne. When I turned 16, I had few acne left and I drank much water to keep myself hydrated and make myself look more healthy.

After the acne was over, I was depressed in my scars. I literally hated my life because of these massive scars because everytime I looked at myself I felt so ashamed, I also took day off from school just because of this and it affected my entire school career.

About 9 months after I turned 16, about 80% of my scars healed and now I am only left with 1-2 scars that is noticeable if you look carefully.

Tbh, idk what my history is going to make you feel, but since I did it, I believe you can do it.

Besides, there's always a solution to an answer, just the same solution for your depressions.

Sorry if my english isn't good enough though, i'm not english :c

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/02/2015 2:24 pm

There isn't a member here who doesn't feel your pain. Sending big hugs your way!!!

And Happy early Birthday!!! :) Try not to let your skin ruin turning 21. Order something delicious and alcoholic!!

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 09/02/2015 3:53 pm

Ok so eh, I may not be able to give you advices on how you should be improving your skin but I can tell you how hard it feels.

When I was 13, I started with mild acne and about 1-2 years further I had already developed cystic acne, most of them was on my cheek.

Everyday I hated myself, I kept complaining to my dad to get help from someone because the amount of hate I had put into myself was just incredible.

I bought products, products that wouldn't even make a difference over my skin, some made it even worse. My dad kept repeatedly saying ''your skin looks better than anyone'' just to make me feel comfortable and these recommended products that didn't even make a single difference. At this point I gave up.

A friend of mine knew the struggle of what I was going thru and once he told me, ''these products you put on your face may be the products you never want to use again''. I quitted using products and after few months, my acne started fading away and since I picked ALOT on it and because of that I had so many scars left by these cystic acne. When I turned 16, I had few acne left and I drank much water to keep myself hydrated and make myself look more healthy.

After the acne was over, I was depressed in my scars. I literally hated my life because of these massive scars because everytime I looked at myself I felt so ashamed, I also took day off from school just because of this and it affected my entire school career.

About 9 months after I turned 16, about 80% of my scars healed and now I am only left with 1-2 scars that is noticeable if you look carefully.

Tbh, idk what my history is going to make you feel, but since I did it, I believe you can do it.

Besides, there's always a solution to an answer, just the same solution for your depressions.

Sorry if my english isn't good enough though, i'm not english :c

What do you use to wash your face if you do not use those products anymore? I'm so lost.... Everything I use on my face breaks me out. Even moisturizers and sun screen break me out, can you believe that?

There isn't a member here who doesn't feel your pain. Sending big hugs your way!!!

And Happy early Birthday!!! :) Try not to let your skin ruin turning 21. Order something delicious and alcoholic!!

Thank you

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 09/03/2015 12:32 am

I pretty much don't use anything anymore nowadays because all these products will just worsen my skin atm.

But, I tend to use a facial wash, toner and then moisturizer. I overextended with my toner and that caused so many blemishes on my face looking on as a scar, so I decided to use it every 3-4 days and I sticked only to facial wash thing daily. When my acne started to fade away I stopped using products overall.

You can do the same as me, but don't overextend, when you see improvement don't start using it more but start using it each other day, because my facial wash had my skin so dried and since I used my toner, which contained alchohol it made scars that wasnt supposed to be visble, now visible.

I would send you pics of my small scars that bothers me so much but my phone just doesn't want to pick up the damage, idk why :c

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/03/2015 7:37 am

Have you tried the Acne.Org Regimen?? When done as directed, it can help control even the most stubborn acne. Give it a try if you haven't already. All the products are noncomedogenic and the moisturizer is especially formulated for calming and soothing sensitive, acne-prone skin, and dries with a matte finish. I still use the moisturizer every day even though I don't need the other products anymore. It's great!

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 09/03/2015 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear that, dear. Don't lose hope, but I just get why you didn't get Accutane already? You are 21 years old, and Accutane is not worse than every other antibiotic, don't be scared to use it, Accutane saves lifes, literally. The only reason I haven't used it already is because it's illegal before 18 in my country.

I will pray for you!! :)

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 09/03/2015 4:37 pm

Like D3adlyarr0w said, you can start by doing nothing. Then learn more about yourself. I suggest going natural and finding the cause. An underlying condition like Candida overgrowth, Leaky gut, bad liver, chronic constipation, etc.

*DarkHeart*, Rachkellz, DeLovely and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 09/04/2015 3:03 am

Have you tried the Acne.Org Regimen?? When done as directed, it can help control even the most stubborn acne. Give it a try if you haven't already. All the products are noncomedogenic and the moisturizer is especially formulated for calming and soothing sensitive, acne-prone skin, and dries with a matte finish. I still use the moisturizer every day even though I don't need the other products anymore. It's great!

I never really thought about trying that regimen. I figured it would be too harsh for my extremely sensitive skin.

Sorry to hear that, dear. Don't lose hope, but I just get why you didn't get Accutane already? You are 21 years old, and Accutane is not worse than every other antibiotic, don't be scared to use it, Accutane saves lifes, literally. The only reason I haven't used it already is because it's illegal before 18 in my country.

I didn't get accutane yet because when I was in high school, my dermatologist then either could not or didn't not want to prescribe me it. She gave up on me the moment I asked for it and referred me to another dermatologist who never even responded back to me.

Since I'm turning 21 now and my acne is as worse as it has ever been... And whether my mom is not happy with it or not (she's not really happy but she understands and isn't telling me I can't) I will be asking for accutane today. I really hope my dermatologist will let me.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/04/2015 7:24 am

I never really thought about trying that regimen. I figured it would be too harsh for my extremely sensitive skin.

>>Sorry to hear that, dear. Don't lose hope, but I just get why you didn't get Accutane already? You are 21 years old, and Accutane is not worse than every other antibiotic, don't be scared to use it, Accutane saves lifes, literally. The only reason I haven't used it already is because it's illegal before 18 in my country.

I didn't get accutane yet because when I was in high school, my dermatologist then either could not or didn't not want to prescribe me it. She gave up on me the moment I asked for it and referred me to another dermatologist who never even responded back to me.

Since I'm turning 21 now and my acne is as worse as it has ever been... And whether my mom is not happy with it or not (she's not really happy but she understands and isn't telling me I can't) I will be asking for accutane today. I really hope my dermatologist will let me.

My skin was and still is super sensitive and I was able to use the products successfully! Expect some redness and uncomfortable dryness for the first few weeks but with diligent moisturizing and time and patience, these symptoms go away and the Regimen will be comfortable to use. I was really amazed by how quickly my face cleared! But give the Regimen 3-5 months, everyone's skin is different and it can take stubborn cases longer to clear up.

Sounds like you may be a good candidate for Accutane. However, most derms save this for the most severe and scarring acne after all other treatments have been exhausted. Due to the significant side effects that especially affect women of child-bearing age, this is considered a last resort. It will be up to you and your derm to determine if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :) xx

-DeLovely

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 09/04/2015 12:46 pm

>

>>Sorry to hear that, dear. Don't lose hope, but I just get why you didn't get Accutane already? You are 21 years old, and Accutane is not worse than every other antibiotic, don't be scared to use it, Accutane saves lifes, literally. The only reason I haven't used it already is because it's illegal before 18 in my country.

>

My skin was and still is super sensitive and I was able to use the products successfully! Expect some redness and uncomfortable dryness for the first few weeks but with diligent moisturizing and time and patience, these symptoms go away and the Regimen will be comfortable to use. I was really amazed by how quickly my face cleared! But give the Regimen 3-5 months, everyone's skin is different and it can take stubborn cases longer to clear up.

Sounds like you may be a good candidate for Accutane. However, most derms save this for the most severe and scarring acne after all other treatments have been exhausted. Due to the significant side effects that especially affect women of child-bearing age, this is considered a last resort. It will be up to you and your derm to determine if the benefits outweigh the risks.

-DeLovely

She brought up accutane before I even did. I am getting registered for it. It will take a month I guess.

Jazzguy and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/04/2015 1:22 pm

Sounds like the derm was on the same page, glad things worked out the way you had hoped! :)

Best of luck!! Despite the bad rap it gets, Accutane has helped many, many people. Tons of success stories on here!

XNicholeMariex3 and liked
MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 09/04/2015 3:03 pm

Sounds like the derm was on the same page, glad things worked out the way you had hoped! :)

Best of luck!! Despite the bad rap it gets, Accutane has helped many, many people. Tons of success stories on here!

Thank you

MemberMember
(@nightwild)

Posted : 09/05/2015 1:40 pm

I had gone through same time when even idon"t want to live for a second more but today i don"t even had a single scar or acne on my face Don"t know why your demterologist not advising you Accutane if you are going through severe acne & i think you should try " Hydroquinone +Trention+Momestone furote " cream it will 100% show effects and in some days your face will become clear , use cream at night ,Wash your face with tea tree oil soap or facewash 2-3 times a day !

Your face will become worse for 6-7 days but after that you will be see big effects ! But i know in your country you need demterologoist "s prescription but as u told he gives up on u so atleast try the method suggested

MemberMember
(@myr876)

Posted : 09/05/2015 8:49 pm

Hey, do not let acne make you feel like that, you are a strong person having to deal with acne for so long. Your skin doesn't define who you are. You know sometimes doing something simple can make a really big difference. For instance, you could try drinking lemon water everyday in the morning and evening or applying it to your face. You could also dab some sudocrem on your face with a cotton bud and leave it overnight or use tea tree oil. When your try something like that don't just do it for a day or so and give up if it doesn't work. Do it everyday for at least a week or 2 if you're patient and hopefully you will see a difference. Sometimes it's better to use natural and simple methods rather than to take tablets and use unnatural ways to get rid of acne.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 09/07/2015 7:55 am

Best of luck, nichole. :)

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 09/09/2015 2:46 pm

Do you wash your face a lot and use many different products? I would suggest being as gentle as possible and only washing it once a day with something gentle. And using a microfiber cloth to remove makeup (if you wear it) instead of a cleanser. Have you tried witch hazel or raw honey? Maybe an all natural gentle routine in conjunction with accutane will help to clear the acne. I know how you feel. I work and go to university and it's hard to go through your normal day when your skin is the only thing on your mind. Oh and not focusing on my skin so much and not looking in every mirror i see has helped.

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 09/09/2015 4:34 pm

Have you ever been tested for food allergies?? what does your diet look like, just on a daily basis??

And I am turning 20 in a few months, I feel your pain. My skin is clear now, but for a while, it was bad. people pointed it out, I would cry. I have a thread under the diet and holistic health forum that might interest you. I have pictures of what my skin used to look like too. Hugs. It gets better. Have faith.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 09/09/2015 5:12 pm

>

I will pray for you!! :)>

-DeLovely

She brought up accutane before I even did. I am getting registered for it. It will take a month I guess.

I have super sensitive skin also so i understand your reluctance to try topical products. I used to use things like BP but it was way too harsh for my skin. Now i use things like rosehip oil and manuka honey. I know it sounds strange puting oil on my face but it makes it softer and calms the redness a bit. I get ALOT of redness besides the acne.

Anyways have you tried modifying your diet at all? Avoiding sugar/grains/ processed foods has helped me alot.

I tried accutane about 10 yrs ago. Personally it didnt help me but i didnt get any terrible side effects.

DeLovely liked