Notifications
Clear all

Why Am I Breaking Out So Much Please Help

MemberMember
(@mthorne)

Posted : 09/02/2015 8:04 am

Apologies for what will be a long post blame my useless doctor that won't give me any advice at all only the usual "it's because of your age" another thing that makes me furious is most of my acne is self inflicted as I will explain. Bare in mind my lifestyle and diet is very healthy and I don't touch my face etc.

I'm 17 and I've had acne for about 4/5 years at first it was very mild and turned moderate when I was about 14, after I stopped dabbling with products like quinoderm and ziynert and gave up by just using nothing but soap it went away gradually and completely when I was 16.

Here's were it got severe, I started getting a couple spots a few months after when the weather got warmer and being an idiot I got scared of my acne coming back and started smothering my face with sudocreme which jump started my acne back. I then started using a salicylic acid wash and benzoyl peroxide cream which was the worst decision of my life the wash made me break out so much and the cream made the spots scar.

It's been around 6 months since I stopped using that stuff and jumped back on the soap with just a salicylic acid moisturizer which has helped but I'm still breaking out. I recently started using a witch hazel exfoliating scrub but I'm certain that's making it worse aswell.

You can see my problem I have no reason to be breaking out and nothing helps but the things that do help like scrubbing with just soap and no moisturizer are supposed to be no nos. My doctor has prescribed me oxytetracycline which may help.

Another question is shaving if I don't shave I get little spots around my jaw and if I do shave it gives me more spots.

Please help why am I breaking out??

post-449514-0-76071900-1441199042.jpg

MemberMember
(@quackattack)

Posted : 09/02/2015 10:10 pm

KISS, keep it simple stupid. Have you tried using products that aren't so harsh on your skin?