Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo + Doxycycline

MemberMember
(@kurojou)

Posted : 08/29/2015 8:15 am

Hello! :D

I'm new to acne.org and decided to track on my progress while using products described by my doctor.

I have mild-moderate acne and mostly is on my cheeks. I only had small, not very visible pimples on Grade 6(16 now) but things started becoming worse since this start of the year. I really wanted to see a dermatologist earlier but I was busy with school and exams, and I only used Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser daily every night, and apply Benzoyl Peroxide Water Gel 2.5%. It worked miracle! Yes it did dry out my skin at first, but in a month my right cheek acne was ALMOST gone, just red marks and a little pimple here and there. But my left cheek? It's not even healing! I have a lot of red acne and it was so disgusting.

On August 27, I went to a doctor and he prescribed me with Epiduo 2.5%, Doxycycline 100mg capsules and AZCLEAR Action Foaming Wash.

Day 1 Morning:

Woke up, washed my hands then washed my face with foaming wash and patted it dry, waited for awhile and applied Epiduo.

Day 1 Night: Again, washed my face with foaming wash and patted it dry, waited for awhile and applied Epiduo. Then, I sprinkled Doxycycline on cold applesauce(little amount) and mixed it together and swallowed it, no chewing, and drank a lot of water. I can't swallow capsules so I used applesauce as I heard Doxy cannot be dissolved in water.

Day 2 Morning: I woke up and found out that my right cheek had grown some headless bump and I was really scared, I think it was Epiduo as I heard using Epiduo will make you breakout on the first few weeks because they bring out the impurities to the skin? Nonetheless, I repeated the same routine I did as yesterday morning.

Day 2 Night: Same routine

If you have had experience with Epiduo and Doxycycline, please comment on your journey!

Note: Epiduo made my skin itchy, and I had the urge to scratch my acne but please do not do that as your acne will get worser. I apply only pea-size on my finger and dot on the affected areas (dotted on my entire cheek that has acne, massage it in circular motion)

I will update my progress every week to see if my acne will cure on this journey!

MemberMember
(@moisturer)

Posted : 08/29/2015 9:32 am

Hi, i've been on tetracycline and epiduo for 3 courses in total. The first 2 coures showed great effect, the last one, not so good but still satisfying. The antibiotics is the treatment, the epiduo and the soap only speeds up the process a bit. I was slacking with the epiduo and the soap on the first course, but i still got 100% clear. I experienced no side effects. But my acne did come back everytime i stopped

It's important that you don't stop taking the pills until the course is over.

MemberMember
(@kurojou)

Posted : 08/30/2015 12:24 am

Hi, i've been on tetracycline and epiduo for 3 courses in total. The first 2 coures showed great effect, the last one, not so good but still satisfying. The antibiotics is the treatment, the epiduo and the soap only speeds up the process a bit. I was slacking with the epiduo and the soap on the first course, but i still got 100% clear. I experienced no side effects. But my acne did come back everytime i stopped

Hi, thanks for sharing!

May I know if you experienced any breakout on Epiduo? It was only my first day but I grew headless bumps, is that normal?

Glad to hear your skin is 100% clear!

MemberMember
(@moisturer)

Posted : 08/30/2015 8:22 am

Hi, thanks for sharing!

May I know if you experienced any breakout on Epiduo? It was only my first day but I grew headless bumps, is that normal?

Glad to hear your skin is 100% clear!

I didn't experience getting more acne from using Epiduo, nope. It's normal that you still get acne as you're just a few days in this treatment. Wait 3-4 weeks and you will most likely see results.

My skin isn't clear at the moment, as this treatment only works while you're on it, and im not on it now .

MemberMember
(@kurojou)

Posted : 09/01/2015 3:47 am

I know it's not my first week yet, but I'm currently using back Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

*DAY 5*

My current daily routine:

Morning: Splash face with warm water, pat dry with a soft tissue.

Afternoon: Wash face with warm water and use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Night: Wash face with warm water and use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and pat dry with a soft tissue, wait for about 10minutes and apply Epiduo, then take Doxycycline (taken after meal).

I'm currently really breaking out right now and things are so so so so bad to me, and I'm sure my friends have noticed that as well. This morning before going to school, I applied Epiduo to my face like how my doctor asked me to(once in morning, once at night). But being exposed to the sun daily, the weather is also hot and humid, my face is red and I feel so so so so so bad in this skin. That's why I'm going to only use Epiduo once a day.

Besides the red skin, my face feels kind of itchy as well at the afternoon where the sun is hottest. I also saw some black dirt on my acne, is that the dirt brought to surface..?

MemberMember
(@moisturer)

Posted : 09/04/2015 7:41 pm

I know it's not my first week yet, but I'm currently using back Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

*DAY 5*

Night: Wash face with warm water and use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and pat dry with a soft tissue, wait for about 10minutes and apply Epiduo, then take Doxycycline (taken after meal).

I'm currently really breaking out right now and things are so so so so bad to me, and I'm sure my friends have noticed that as well. This morning before going to school, I applied Epiduo to my face like how my doctor asked me to(once in morning, once at night). But being exposed to the sun daily, the weather is also hot and humid, my face is red and I feel so so so so so bad in this skin. That's why I'm going to only use Epiduo once a day.

Besides the red skin, my face feels kind of itchy as well at the afternoon where the sun is hottest. I also saw some black dirt on my acne, is that the dirt brought to surface..?

Hey again. The first thing you will notice is that you will get less and less acne. Keep track on those you have at the moment, and notice in 1-3 weeks that you wont get any new ones.

Epiduo shouldn't be used more than once a day, at least not at the beginning. Your skin will eventually tolerate it better, so it wont feel that bad later on.

Dirt brought to the surface? uhh , maybe you're talking about blackhead?

MemberMember
(@kurojou)

Posted : 09/13/2015 10:58 am

*DAY 5*

Hey again. The first thing you will notice is that you will get less and less acne. Keep track on those you have at the moment, and notice in 1-3 weeks that you wont get any new ones.

Epiduo shouldn't be used more than once a day, at least not at the beginning. Your skin will eventually tolerate it better, so it wont feel that bad later on.

Dirt brought to the surface? uhh , maybe you're talking about blackhead?

Hi, yes my face has lesser acne and less red now. On my second week currently. Nope, its not blackhead but literally dirt LOL.

MemberMember
(@kurojou)

Posted : 09/18/2015 2:36 am

Week 3!

Acne has improved. Not breaking out from using Epiduo anymore. Cheek isn't flaky compared to the past weeks, and it's not very red either :)

Acne on cheeks are slightly lesser, but honestly I don't know what to comment. I still have this mindset that i'm ugly etc im not improving and all, but

my friend told me "Your pimples are getting lesser!" when I met her for lunch.

MemberMember
(@sereingirl)

Posted : 12/01/2017 7:51 am

How long does this combo got before working? Is it really normal to break out in the first two weeks of using? Can someone help me i'm freakin out. :(