Notifications
Clear all

Please Help, Tiny Bumps/blisters On Lips Day 15 Of Accutane?

MemberMember
(@acneruinsmylife)

Posted : 08/28/2015 9:18 pm

Hello. My lip picture is sorta graphic.

I am a 20 y/o female on day 17 of accutane. On day 15 I noticed little bumps on my lips. Clear/lip colored. Thought nothing of it. I've been slathering aquaphor on my lips since day 10 or so - I keep them super glossy and moisturized. Day 16 and 17 I've developed more tiny little bumps/blisters, top and bottom lip. I may have aggravated some, thinking I was helping. Has anyone had this experience? Are they sunburnt? I cannot see my dorm bc I'm in college. I seriously don't feel comfortable going to class next week: I have group work, discussions, presentations, and I can't cover this up like I could with makeup on a pimple on my cheek.

I just bought some blistex medicated ointment meant for severe dry chapped lips and cold sores - do you think it will help? I test negative for herpes.

Please please please help, I really wish to heal this all over the weekend.

Thank you so much!!!

post-111784-0-93942800-1440814660.jpg

MemberMember
(@snap-puppy)

Posted : 09/07/2015 5:39 pm

Have you tried something with hydrocortisone in it? The derm recommended Dr. Dan's Cortibalm for my son's lips when they became red and inflamed.

MemberMember
(@cmr_accutane)

Posted : 08/10/2017 2:17 pm

Did you ever figure out what this was? I'm having the same problem.

MemberMember
(@anniekay)

Posted : 01/05/2018 6:18 pm

Cmr_accutane, did you ever figure this out either? Just started month 3 of accutane and have been experiencing this since about day 25. 

Here™s a photo of it at its worst. I have it more under control right now and it seems to come and go.

F3AA4FA8-7257-4529-833D-C178F2040116.jpeg

MemberMember
(@acneruinsmylife)

Posted : 02/05/2019 1:13 am

Hi so I unfortunately am starting round 2 of accutane 2 years later. Don't have signs of blistery lips yet but I will say that I do remember getting rid of them. I either unbent a paperclip to use one pointy end or used a safety pin's pointy end and sterilized it with either alcohol or flame. I then poked each individual blister to let it drain. It looked messed up for probably one day but they went away and never came back. maybe this will help someone.

MemberMember
(@heidibear30)

Posted : 05/23/2019 3:51 pm

Thats impetigo

MemberMember
(@amandaseb)

Posted : 07/25/2020 10:23 am

Okay Im so happy to see this bc Im on month 5 of accutane and this just happened to me! Exact same thing. I thought it was cold sores and freaked out bc Ive never had any cold sores in my life.Dr said it was probably an allergic reaction to a new lip balm bc cold sores are usually isolated to one side, not all over.I put on prescription cortisone cream and next day the bumpswere 100% gone but now still days later my lips are so red, a little swollen, burning, and peeling. Now Im on a single round of prednisone and hoping it helps. Did anything help anyone further here? How long did it last? Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@agg3627)

Posted : 08/02/2020 10:22 am

Hiii, this is happening to my right now and it happened moments after I applied dr dans cortibalm... not sure if thats related to the cause but any idea as to what this is? Is it serious? How to get rid of it? Why its happening? How long does it last? Treatment? Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@azul)

Posted : 02/02/2021 2:26 am

So, I am on my 2nd month of only 20mgs a day of isotretinoin and one month of swollen lips, with the same little blisters and a lot of pain. I have been to normal dr and to the derm 5 times in the last 30 days. I've been told probably allergic reaction.  Took medication. Nothing happened.  Then told a virus. Took 2 courses of antivirals and that worked but they came back. Finally saw the derm who prescribed some fatty whatever expensive cream for 6 months twice a day, so far no good, it's been 4 days. 

20210105_194534.jpg

MemberMember
(@timetoban)