Notifications
Clear all

Best Blind (Hormonal) Pimple Advice - Sensitive Skin

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 08/28/2015 7:07 pm

It seems like about once every 2 or 3 months, I get a large, red, swollen lump somewhere around my mouth or chin. Usually mid-cycle. This time, it's in my smile line, which is where I have existing scars from 2 previous blind pimples. Hard to cover because the makeup creases. Bulbous and noticeable. Beet red.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. I use Retin-A 0.025% very sparingly when my skin can take it, followed by a layer of Biafine to moisturize. When I get a zit, the zit is bright red, and the surrounding skin is white. It's glaringly obvious. I can't use any harsh products. They burn my skin and leave permanent red marks. I also know not to pick, based on bad prior experiences. Cortisone shots have created scars and dents for me in the past, too, so I'm not planning on getting one of those.

So what should I do? I have Bactroban on the spot right now to kill the bacteria, and that's topped with some hydrocortisone to decrease swelling and redness. Avar-E burns my skin. So does BP. So does SA. And I can't wear a Band-Aid because the adhesive rips my skin off. I have Elidel, which does a good job on the redness, but I've read that it won't help with healing the pimple since it halts the body's immune response. Maybe Retin-A all over, Biafine all over, then Bactroban and hydrocortisone to spot treat?

I'm on Yaz and 50 milligrams of Spironolactone. When I get a flare-up, I sometimes pop a few old Minocycline pills. I took 100 milligrams last night and 200 milligrams tonight, which means I'll feel like crap tomorrow.

Help? Please?

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 08/29/2015 9:25 am

Please? I really need some support.

When I woke up this morning and gently washed my face, I felt so sad. That whole section of my skin around my mouth is discolored and bulbous. If I try to cover it, it looks white and even more noticeable.

I also got a new blind zit on the size of my nose that's huge and red. Plus, one on my chin (formerly a whitehead) went underground overnight. It's now a blind pimple. Meanwhile, I have to cover all of the pinprick broken blood vessels that are bright red, plus all of the existing hyperpigmented scars. Retin-A burned the section between my eyebrows last night. Everything went wrong. It does not look good. Just a few days ago, my skin was pretty decent.

And now my Minocycline is making me dizzy and nauseous. I have a headache. I don't know if it's worth it or not, especially since I'm only taking it for this current flare-up. I don't know how to fix this. My zits take forever to go away (2-3 weeks or more), then they leave red marks for years. I'm truly not exaggerating. I may end up at the dermatologist, they'll tell me there's nothing more they can do, and I will have wasted time and money. I hate that...

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/29/2015 9:41 am

Please? I really need some support.

When I woke up this morning and gently washed my face, I felt so sad. That whole section of my skin around my mouth is discolored and bulbous. If I try to cover it, it looks white and even more noticeable.

I also got a new blind zit on the size of my nose that's huge and red. Plus, one on my chin (formerly a whitehead) went underground overnight. It's now a blind pimple. Meanwhile, I have to cover all of the pinprick broken blood vessels that are bright red, plus all of the existing hyperpigmented scars. Retin-A burned the section between my eyebrows last night. Everything went wrong. It does not look good. Just a few days ago, my skin was pretty decent.

And now my Minocycline is making me dizzy and nauseous. I have a headache. I don't know if it's worth it or not, especially since I'm only taking it for this current flare-up. I don't know how to fix this. My zits take forever to go away (2-3 weeks or more), then they leave red marks for years. I'm truly not exaggerating. I may end up at the dermatologist, they'll tell me there's nothing more they can do, and I will have wasted time and money. I hate that...

Have you considered getting your hormones checked out? There may be a problem with them. You can go on the pill if this truly bothers you. I also find that cold water helps with inflammation, so rinsing your face with it may help with the redness.

MemberMember
(@blackscell)

Posted : 08/29/2015 9:43 am

I have really sensitive skin too, for the redness I really advice Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme. Best cream for redness I have ever gotten, I usually put in on my face before sleeping it's really thick but it removes all the redness when I wake up.

I use Chi Tea Tree Pimple Stick for my pimples, it helped me amazingly the first time I had a huge breakout but now it's not working quite well anymore probably because it's almost a year old so I should buy a new one but its 100% natural it cleans the skin while repairing the damage underneath.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 08/29/2015 3:29 pm

Thanks for your replies. I ended up picking at the one on my nose because it's in the least obvious spot. (Great reason, right?) I got some white pus out, but now it's a million times larger and redder, of course. I've left the other two alone. I took a shower and slathered hydrocortisone all over my face, with extra globs on the zits. My skin sucks right now. I guess I'll keep being a hermit this weekend so I can keep covering my pimples with hydrocortisone.

I'm on Yaz, as I said, but I've been spotting this week. That's unusual for me. Probably all of it is stress-related. It's just odd for me to get more than one blind pimple at a time, and I've been lucky for so long now. It was a shock to break out again. I hate it so much. Makes me feel horrible. Makes me feel like I'll keep breaking out while these other zits continue to get bigger.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 08/31/2015 8:29 am

When it rains, it pours. In addition to the nose one, smile line one, and chin one (all blind, of course)...

Stuff happening between my brows now. Another blind one beside my mouth. Stuff happening along my chin/jaw. Redness and blotchiness. Broken blood vessels.

Great fun, all of it.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/31/2015 10:01 am

Don't try to pick at them. Eat a lot of vitamin A. Retinol's main ingredient is vitamin A. So start eating them carrots and spinach, also broccoli and caulifour. Trust me, you have to eat them consistently I mean everyday

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/01/2015 9:46 am

I'm not picking, but I don't know how these are going to leave on their own. My mouth and chin are throbbing. I hate antibiotics, but I guess I'll keep taking them for the next few days...

post-101897-0-88740500-1441118769.jpg

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 09/01/2015 7:08 pm

Ouch! Those do look painful, but DEFINITELY not pop-able. Trying to pop those will likely make them much worse and will increase healing time. Also, don't put hydrocortisone all over your face - the ingredients are definitely not noncomedgenic, AND putting steroid cream over large periods of skin increases absorption of the steroid and can lead to all kinds of health problems. In other words, just use hydrocortisone very sparingly. In any case, hydrocortisone is probably not going to do much for the blemishes because the inflammation under several layers of skin. Honestly, your very best bet for reducing the pressure and pain for blemishes like those is a cortisone shot. It will very quickly numb the pain and flatten the blemish. There are a couple downsides though, mainly that it doesn't treat the cause of the cysts, and there is a small chance of temporary indentation.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/02/2015 7:02 am

I feel very, very low. I'm out of town, so cortisone shots aren't an option. Even if/when these lumps go away, the redness will linger for a year or so. That's what my skin does. I hate my face today. So much.

post-101897-0-63107500-1441195273.jpg

MemberMember
(@father-smulnik)

Posted : 09/02/2015 9:14 am

Hey Just Call Me OCD, Please Hang In there And Things Will Get Better Over Time. I'll Pray For You And Your Unfortunate Situation. Hang In There And Listen To Sir Mix-a-Lot Songs. They Might Not Help With Your Pimple Situation, But They Sure Will Help Put You In A Better Mood Mentally. Good Luck My Fellow Acne Sufferer!!! Thumbs Up!!!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/02/2015 11:35 am

Thanks, Father Smulnik. You made me smile. :) (That takes a lot these days!)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/03/2015 8:04 am

Ugh! They're bigger and redder today. :(

post-101897-0-09613900-1441285442.jpg

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/04/2015 5:41 pm

I feel like they aren't getting better. The soonest I could schedule a dermatology appointment is in a week. :(

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/04/2015 9:51 pm

I'm at a loss here. They're bigger and more painful today. It feels like the one on my chin is spreading to the other side of my chin. I've been on 200 milligrams of Minocycline for a few days now, and nothing is improving. I feel horrible about myself.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/08/2015 6:22 pm

I see the dermatologist tomorrow, and I'm dreading going in there without makeup. I look grotesque. I reduced the Minocycline to 150 milligrams three days ago and have used 100 milligrams yesterday and today. I only reduced it because I hate to be dependent on antibiotics, even though nothing is improving. The zit beside my mouth has reappeared with redness and a small under-the-skin white head. The one below my lip has maybe shrunk a tiny bit, but it's still bright red with a deep under-the-skin yellow head that I can see if I press my tongue against it. The one on my chin is the worst of all. It's bright red and huge with a deep under-the-skin yellow head that is visible if I stretch my chin out. To top it all off, I'm peeling terribly in these areas, even thought I've avoided using harsh products for the most part. I am now getting a new zit near the chin zit. It's starting out the same way the others have, as a tiny under-the-skin whitehead. I'm terrified to mess with it, and I'm terrified to not mess with it. I need an answer and a fast solution.

The most depressing thing of all? Even after these pimples are no longer active, which could take a good month or so, the red marks will never leave. I feel completely hopeless. I have a wedding coming up in a week and a half, and I don't even want to go anymore.

MemberMember
(@caroline91)

Posted : 09/08/2015 9:55 pm

Are you feeling better now? You shouldn't let this affect your mood. Be happy, or it's bad for your health.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/16/2015 11:54 am

I kid you not. These jerks are still lurking. It has been THREE weeks. When I saw the dermatologist last week, she said they looked like they were on their way out, and she didn't want to give me cortisone shots and risk atrophy. I agreed at the time, but a week later, they're still here. The one on my chin is slowly going down, but it's still as red as ever. The one beside my mouth seemed to really be diminishing in size until a few days ago, when it developed a white head under the skin. It's still lurking there, and it's gotten redder again, too. The clogged oil gland or pore or whatever it is near my mouth/cheek area is still there. It's white and under the skin, with a slight red border. The dermatologist said it wasn't exactly milia, nor did it look like a pimple under the skin. She said she could lance it, but it would irritate the skin, so it would probably be better off left alone. True story, it would've made it worse because I heal so poorly and scar so badly. She told me to keep going with the Retin-A. So I am. And I'm still taking 100 milligrams Minocycline. I don't know if/when I can stop now...

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/17/2015 8:39 pm

I'm back on 200 milligrams Minocycline. The one beside my mouth was so close to leaving. Then it refilled. It's bright red and bulbous again. It hurts. I think the one on my chin is leaving slowly. I'm now developing another cyst on the other side of my chin. I don't know what to do. I've asked for an emergency derm appointment early next week since I'm out of town this weekend. I'm in a wedding, so that sucks. I'm not used to a surge in hormonal acne like this. Three weeks since everything started, and I'm screwed even more than I originally was. I need support.