Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Help

MemberMember
(@amy27)

Posted : 08/28/2015 4:24 am

So I've finally given up with just about everything OTC, clean & clear, st ives, and plenty of other acne treatments and brands aimed at acne. Most of these things didn't work for me and some even made it worse. Then I tried the natural stuff... You know natural ingredients for face masks and washes... Still having cystic breakouts on my cheeks. So with everything I've tried I think it's time to give up or go topical... Now I have heard mixed reviews on using benzoyl peroxide and I have been quite wary of trying it out because it's a chemical, but honestly I have no where else to turn to. I need something stronger to get rid of the recurring cystic acnes which are just creating scars and red marks on my cheeks.

So I am asking your guys' thoughts on this before I go out and buy it.

Getting BP here in the UK is quite difficult, and I don't want to buy it online for the simple reason is I think it's risky, buying a chemical treatment over the internet... It could be anything in there. I don't trust it! So the only BP I have found in a pharmacy is the Acnecide 5% BP gel. Has anyone tried this? Has it worked for you or not?

Let me know your experiences and thoughts, thank you.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 09/01/2015 12:12 am

You could also have a look at epiology which I have seen have some good results on a couple of people I know. You would have to buy online to the UK but the people there are really helpful.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 09/01/2015 1:01 pm

Because BP is a chemical it can be very harsh on the skin for some people. I always encourage those to start slow and work their way up on concentration and the amount they apply on their face. It works but it can be irritating and you will need to find a good moisturizer to help alleviate the flaking.

MemberMember
(@amy27)

Posted : 09/03/2015 4:21 am

Because BP is a chemical it can be very harsh on the skin for some people. I always encourage those to start slow and work their way up on concentration and the amount they apply on their face. It works but it can be irritating and you will need to find a good moisturizer to help alleviate the flaking.

Do you have a moisturizer you could recommend?

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 09/03/2015 12:22 pm

Do you have a moisturizer you could recommend?

I really like cerave moisturizers.

amy27 liked
MemberMember
(@magicclear13)

Posted : 09/20/2015 1:59 am

Amy , I read your message, I would like to say, yes , most people don't like harse chemicals on there face, or body. Some folks are allergic to BP and sometimes even salicylic acid . But its very important to keep the face clear of OIL . Without oil , you can control the acne . Pore and white or blackheads will alway be there. But keeping the pore port open without oil plugging them and get infected. Try something I came up with that is helping me keep my top of my head clear .
It may not work for everyone , only two main items your need, I think you will find these at local drugstore

MemberMember
(@olivier97)

Posted : 09/24/2015 2:47 pm

I tried Neutrogena BP cream and then the Acne.org BP cream. Neutrogena made my skin worse, the acne.org one is AMAZINGLY! Its a generous tube that actually lasts for more than a month! Try using the SkinStory app too to track if it's working or not: [Edited link out]