Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

After one month 99% Clear

Hi Guys,

So, i've completed one month at 40mg a day and i'm 4 days at 60mg. My doc is prescribing three more months at 60mg a day and that's it. Wow time flies when you're on accutane. lol.

Great thing: i'm 99% clear. I still have lots and lots of red marks but hey, that's what make up is for.

So, i'm wondering if i've bypassed the initial breakout or could I still get it? I want to go back to work but not if i'm going to flare.

What do you guys think from your experience and everything you've read? Should I give it another 2 weeks at 60mg to see?

Please respond?

How do you guys deal with work/school/ etc?

Congrats for your clear skin! Man I can't wait until I start on Accutane. STOP MOTIVATING ME! LOL!

Uhm....if you have been on Accutane for a month maybe you won't get an initial breakout. An initial breakout should have occured by now but in your case it hasn't. I'm not a pro on Accutane but usually you should of expereinced an initial breakout by now.

~JiN

Wow you are lucky! That's great smile.gif I'm on Day 11 and still breaking out, but not horribly in comparison to what I usually am. I can't tell if this is an "initial breakout" period or not. We are almost identical though - I'm on 40mg for the first month, then being upped to 60 for the next 3! Cool.

I've heard of some people getting their initial breakout around Week 6, but if you're so clear already, maybe you bypassed it. I sure hope so! And I hope I'll have similar results when I'm done this first month! smile.gif

Wow, Congratulations GO. Sounds like you're doing well.

We started on Roaccutane at the same time, but I started on 60mg a day.

My initial break-out started in the third week and hasn't stopped, I actually had less pimples when I wasn't on Roaccutane!

I hope you keep going as well as you have been and keep us updated.

Hey GO. Even if you still break out just know that you will be clear in a very short time. I think it's a very good sign that you are doing so well so early. I'm so happy for you. You remember how bad my daughter got from the very first day? It was so bad. Now she is clear in week 17. Just red marks. But like you said, that's what makeup is for. She looks great with her makeup on.

Wow you are lucky! That's great smile.gif I'm on Day 11 and still breaking out, but not horribly in comparison to what I usually am. I can't tell if this is an "initial breakout" period or not. We are almost identical though - I'm on 40mg for the first month, then being upped to 60 for the next 3! Cool.

I've heard of some people getting their initial breakout around Week 6, but if you're so clear already, maybe you bypassed it. I sure hope so! And I hope I'll have similar results when I'm done this first month! smile.gif

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just curious: and please don't feel like you have to answer, but how much do you weigh? I'm worried that my doctor won't give me a high enough cummulative dose. I don't want to relapse you know?

What do you think. I weigh 140.

Although my doc says that she's giving more so that I don't relapse, she won't up my dose or give me a 5th month. How does that make sense? I have no idea. She says it's because it's all coming along so nicely. It's a "Clinical call".

If she doesn't give me a 5th month i'm going to talk it over with my MD.

What do you guys think?

I"m 143 pounds. Man i'm starting to feel chunkie. I gotta get some of this weight off of me cuz I can't fit into my old clothes.