Notifications
Clear all

Ocd And Acne Boost

MemberMember
(@grman)

Posted : 08/25/2015 11:58 am

Hello

I have shown a post in the past assuming that acne develops OCD with most frequent symptom cleaning the hands or avoid touching the head. My purpose of this post is to claim that i have observed after so many years having acne (now around the lips only ) that OCD causes acne and not in reverse. When i stop hearing the same song again and again accompanied with pleasurable fantastic ideas (severe ocd) i have noticed that acne dissapears at all. Furthermore, if you stop thinking about cleaning your face or your hands and let it dirty, acne also dissapears (i have noticed when i am at sea on vacation which is a dirty place that no pimples develop).

So what is happening? Acne causes OCD or OCD develops acne in reverse?

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 08/25/2015 12:34 pm

In your case, I don't know. But for me since my skin issues began I try to avoid grabbing door handles.

IMO, I think anything that triggers anxiety can also trigger skin picking.

Howie Mandel, the comedic actor and tv host, said he got warts on his hands from using anti-bacterial soap too much. I did notice though he had perfectly clear skin along with OCD. So you can have OCD and clear skin at the same time.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 08/26/2015 7:12 am

It's possible that the OCD is causing you stress, which in turn is developing acne

MemberMember
(@grman)

Posted : 08/26/2015 5:57 pm

It's possible that the OCD is causing you stress, which in turn is developing acne

I n fact yes. And in my opinion after experiencing almost all stages of acne from severe to todays mild condition (back, chest face), i have noticed that if you leave a place of your body unwashable for 2-3 days, acne is gone. Bre in mind that parts of our body like hands and legs rarely develop acne.But OCD is guilty for me. exactly as you describe Lore91.

So what is happening? Acne causes OCD or OCD develops acne in reverse?

Neither.

Need further tests to proove it.