Notifications
Clear all

Men Makeup Help To Cover Hyperpigmentation Pleasee

MemberMember
(@finecrop)

Posted : 08/25/2015 1:20 am

I am an Asian (Chinese) male 19 yrs old.

So I had a severe breakout 2 months ago and was prescribed with low dose accutane (10 mg twice/day). Most of my acne has cleared up but they left a lot of hyperpigmentation marks which damaged my confidence becuase it covers most of my cheeks and jawline on both sides of my face. It made me look like I still have severe acne all over my face.

So I'm considering to apply makeup to cover the UGLY RED/BROWN SPOTS.. The spots are flat but it covers large area of my face. I never use makeup before so I don't know how to start.

Is it possible to cover it while still look natural???? PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP

Is there anybody that has tried the same thing??

Please if it is possible, I want the makeup to be unnoticeable. But I don't know if it is possible since the dark spots cover most of my cheeks. Thanks

Before and After Pics are very appreciated if available. THANKS A LOTTTT

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:45 am

i think that's a fine idea, make sure you use an oil free makeup that's not going to break you out. a lot of people have problems with MAC so don't go buy their foundation!!

MemberMember
(@finecrop)

Posted : 08/27/2015 7:27 am

i think that's a fine idea, make sure you use an oil free makeup that's not going to break you out. a lot of people have problems with MAC so don't go buy their foundation!!

Will I be able to make it unnoticeable with foundation? Or should I aim for something lighter such as tinted moisturizer or mineral powder??

I am clueless in these makeup stuffs.

Thanks, acne mark SUCKS

Thanks for your response. Very appreciated.

MemberMember
(@uptownoryx)

Posted : 08/31/2015 2:06 am

Will I be able to make it unnoticeable with foundation? Or should I aim for something lighter such as tinted moisturizer or mineral powder??

Thanks, acne mark SUCKS

Hey, could you update the thread when you find a makeup routine that satisfies you? I'm Asian as well and my PIE/PIH has literally fucked up the last two years of my life. At this point, I'm willing to use makeup as well but I have no idea what concealer/foundation is or how to use them.

MemberMember
(@finecrop)

Posted : 08/31/2015 12:34 pm

Thanks, acne mark SUCKS

Hey, could you update the thread when you find a makeup routine that satisfies you? I'm Asian as well and my PIE/PIH has literally fucked up the last two years of my life. At this point, I'm willing to use makeup as well but I have no idea what concealer/foundation is or how to use them.

I've just tried L'oreal true match bb cream and L'oreal true match concealer. They cover the marks pretty well and almost unnoticeable. But I've only put them on my face twice. Hopefully they won't cause another breakout.

So to start, after cleansing my face, I apply the bb cream all over my face. It covers all the redness and marks that are not really dark. For darker spots, I apply small amount of concealer and blend it with my finger. I don't try to look perfect though, I aim to look natural. It's important to find the right color that matches our skin color. Hopefully this helps. I know the struggle.