Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Is My Acne And Why Is Nothing Working?

MemberMember
(@criz98)

Posted : 08/24/2015 4:34 pm

Is it mild moderate severe? Ive tried lots of otc and they havent worked went to a derm and he gave me oral tetracycline and doxycline and that didnt work either,for my face he also gave me bp 10% and tretinoid 0.05 didnt work and lots of other stuff like clinamicin gel and cream, erythamycin benzoil peroxide ,chemical peels ,ect.. but nothing worked.i told him about accutane and he completly shut me up and tried to scare me saying that hes had lots of cases where they kill themselves,he never paid attention to my face he just didnt care.im going to a new derm.should i ask for accutane ? Or do i ned to try more stuff that wont work(nothing has made it better) (havent tried accutane)

post-486494-0-79275000-1440452054.jpg

post-486494-0-68971900-1440452067.jpg

post-486494-0-63444600-1440452079.jpg

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:46 pm

I'd say your acne is perhaps moderate but definitely not severe. Good idea to seek a second opinion but give the new dermatologist your history and give him/her a chance to offer advice based on the consultation.

Criz98 liked
MemberMember
(@merch)

Posted : 08/25/2015 9:52 am

Man this was my condition on 2009.i took only low dose accutane(10mg/day) in 6 months i was clear with no even single blackhead and i stayed that way for a year before the acne came back but in mildest form. Now im on low dose accutane again and im planning to use retinoid after completing accutane to prevent the acne from coming back

MemberMember
(@grimreaper2015)

Posted : 08/25/2015 11:06 pm

Hey there! I would say that your acne is probably moderate. I'm no expert myself, but I did look up the definition of mild, moderate, and severe acne a few days ago because I was wondering what my situation was myself. As far as your situation, I went through the EXACT same thing! I tried every antibiotic, retinol, face wash, topical, ect and it just didn't work. I would try everything that you can before you go the accutane route though. I know a lot of dermatologist try to stay away from it and since you don't have severe acne they may not even consider it. I do think that you should find a doctor who is willing to sit down and listen to you and be willing to work with you. In the meantime, you should try a product called Zinc for Acne. I know that men can have acne due to hormonal imbalances just like women, but cannot be prescribed things like birth control for obvious reasons. Zinc is one of those really cool elements that can help balance your hormones whether you are male or female and helps strengthen your immune system to fight off viruses and bacteria, which will also help with acne, as well as help with issues like fatigue, hair loss, ulcers, depression, fertility, and brain function. You should really look into supplements that help fight acne, or talk to your new doctor to figure out what supplements could enhance the benefits of your acne routine. On a complete side note, you should really try to use an epsom salt/water or epsom salt/baking soda mixture. It works for me very well! I recommend spot treating and leaving it on overnight. I don't think that you should use it as a mask since it will make your acne worse at first if you do it this way. When I spot treat with it I will wake up and the zit I put it on will be considerably smaller, on the other hand, if I put it all over my face I will wake up to a bunch of new acne that it pulled from my pores. This is a good thing but I personally can't handle all my clogged pores coming to a head at once. Lol. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 08/26/2015 5:09 am

It is moderate but seems very stubborn. I would definately get a new dermatologist, accutane should atleast be an option for you.

Criz98 liked
MemberMember
(@criz98)

Posted : 08/26/2015 7:16 pm

It is moderate but seems very stubborn. I would definately get a new dermatologist, accutane should atleast be an option for you.

it is stubborn and ik it might not be as bad as others but it makes me feel shity evertime i look at the acne lol , im nit depressed im just self conscious,and i have i want to be prescribed it but my forst dermatology wuickly said no that its not for me without even doing any blood work and he tried to scare me by saying"

I have given that to lots of priens and they have

Died" now im going to see another and tel her if thats a option since nothing else has worked

Man this was my condition on 2009.i took only low dose accutane(10mg/day) in 6 months i was clear with no even single blackhead and i stayed that way for a year before the acne came back but in mildest form. Now im on low dose accutane again and im planning to use retinoid after completing accutane to prevent the acne from coming back

hey what did you do to get prescribed accutane ? Beocuse i have tried lots pf prescriptions but my forst derm told me no flat out , i will try a new one , i would like to jnow what you tried , thx

MemberMember
(@merch)

Posted : 08/27/2015 3:43 pm

it is stubborn and ik it might not be as bad as others but it makes me feel shity evertime i look at the acne lol , im nit depressed im just self conscious,and i have i want to be prescribed it but my forst dermatology wuickly said no that its not for me without even doing any blood work and he tried to scare me by saying"

I have given that to lots of priens and they have

Died" now im going to see another and tel her if thats a option since nothing else has worked

hey what did you do to get prescribed accutane ? Beocuse i have tried lots pf prescriptions but my forst derm told me no flat out , i will try a new one , i would like to jnow what you tried , thx

I live in Malaysia where low dose accutane is a normal acne treatment and its very easy to get it here.However,standard dose of accutane is rare here bcs the weather here is very humid and hot.the temperature stay 20-40 celcius all the time so thats why standard dose of accutane is rare.Well u could try to discuss a low dose with ur derm as it's less harmful.The only side effects ive experienced during treatment are dry skin and lips. it's quite mild though