Notifications
Clear all

Help Help Help

MemberMember
(@wintershade)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:36 pm

I've struggled with moderate acne since ~grade 7, and I'm 18 now. I haven't picked at it since middle school, but I have these awful red marks that just won't go away! From researching, I think they're hyperpigmentation? My dermatologist doesn't seem to think they're a big deal, and gave me a 5% glycolic acid moisturizer thing that doesn't help at all. I'm wondering if I should look into chemical peels/other removal methods, but my skin is so sensitive that I'm not sure if it would worsen.

My skin is so dried out. I've tried Cetaphil, a custom mixed moisturizer by my dermatologist, and several drugstore moisturizers. Nothing helps. Everything irritates. But strangely, my skin is incredibly oily at the same time. It makes my skin feel, like... stressed, all the time. I get red every single day. My skin has kind of a scaly texture.

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. At this point, after so many doctors and a dermatologist have failed to help, I feel like my skin must be beyond help. I know it's not bad compared to many others, but I can't stop thinking about it.

MemberMember
(@mcpk)

Posted : 08/24/2015 2:08 pm

Hey !

I have been applying coconut oil on my scars and red marks for the past 2 weeks and I would say I have 5% improvement in scars texture and about 50% improvement in my red marks

they are definitely fading much more faster !

I think that would be agood start for you as well as your red marks do not seem to be hard to go away

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 08/24/2015 3:11 pm

did your derms already recommend IPL laser? I've seen quite a few people happy with their results on here, who suffered from the same as you.

MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:36 pm

If money is not a concern for you, I would recommend getting IPL or Vbeam. I've had three sessions of IPL so far and I'm seeing a lot of improvement on my red marks. Topicals have no effect on Post-inflammatory Erythema (red marks)

Glycolic is good for treating Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (brown marks). Maybe your derm prescribed it for your brown marks. Hard to tell from the picture since it's blurry.