Notifications
Clear all

Deep Pimple Now The Size Of A Quarter

MemberMember
(@tangibletaco)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:01 am

So I dont have too much acne to start with just tiny dots here and there which are oil spots but I let for vacation July 16 and got this pimple on my chin had no head so I let it be then I got another they became about the size of a nickel and joined together were painful.. I put toothpaste on it and it went down a bit but I just let it be from there it's still not gone in fact now it's super deep and hard and its also the Sox of a quarter. There's no head but as soon as you touch it its just super hard and painful ... I can tell how big it is by feeling my chin You can see the red area around my chin it doesn't look too bad but that whole spot is one deep ball of pus....please help!

post-486483-0-78024200-1440392479.jpg

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:39 am

I can definitely see it - I have one of those on my cheek and it's been there for many, many months (I've had cystic acne for 17 years tho, so I'm not saying yours will stay there as long as mine).

What face wash routine do you currently have? Judging from the picture the rest of your skin is quite beautiful, so maybe go see your doctor and ask for a topical cream that you can just apply to that area. Something like tretinoin cream might help dry it out. If your doctor doesn't want to prescribe such a thing, you might be able to get something like eryacne - that was pretty effective on cysts for me back in the day - unfortunately I tend to build a tolerance to all topical things and eventually they don't work on me anymore.

If you don't want to see a doctor, buy some tea tree oil. Dip a cotton bud into the bottle and then dab it onto the cyst at night. It should calm the skin down, maybe reduce the appearance. Another option is adding salt to a bit of warm water and then washing just your chin. Salt water always reduces redness and swelling for me.

Also, avoid touching your face (not sure if you do that or are even aware that you do). Maybe during the day you lean on your hand or something, and that's worsening the problem.

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:25 pm

I would highly highly suggest icing it. I've had many of those in the past and still get them now and then. I don't know if it will be as effective now that you've already had the cyst for awhile but usually as soon as I see it/ feel it. I ice it and it literally is a life saver! It cuts the healing time down from a few months (really really sucks) to a week or two. Plus I can't tell you how much it has helped the pain, the ice reduces the inflammation making it much more bearable! I once had SIX on my chin it was awful! but really ice it lol

MemberMember
(@jnifr00)

Posted : 04/17/2019 9:44 pm

i literally have 2 blind pimples on my chin and my birthday is in a couple of days do u guys have any idea of how to get rid of them fast