Notifications
Clear all

The Placebo Effect Is Scientific Proof That We Have The Ability To Heal Ourselves..

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 08/23/2015 10:40 pm

..our thoughts are powerful enough to bring things into existence - when will we begin to absorb this?

I came across these words recently. No matter what you are facing, don't let the negativity get to you. I believe God gave us the tools to heal ourselves.

This is coming from someone who had severe cystic acne and is left with rolling scars/box scars/ice picks. Acne scars can improve - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The belief must start in your mind.

STAY POSITIVE.

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 08/23/2015 11:04 pm

This is true. You're thoughts do have an effect of what goes on in your life. It's referred to as the universal law of attraction which summarizes how your thoughts and the way you feel corresponds to events that happen in your life because your actions and attitude attract what you consistently think about into reality. Which makes sense because your actions are based on your thoughts and emotions and if you act in a way that you believe something will happen then it inevitably will.

I thought it was idiotic at first but I tried it out for myself and it really works. However, the process to make something happen does take its time, but good things come to those who are patient.

MemberMember
(@zyyucla)

Posted : 09/18/2015 11:42 pm

Feels like Lucas is a troll, always post negative things on different threads. Dude if you are feeling so bad do not let your negativity

contaminate other people's word of encouragement. Just because you feel bad doesn't mean other people have to

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/19/2015 5:07 am

It's true. The placebo effect has been proved countless times and stress is a definate cause for acne - it triggered mine from turning into small comedonal acne into full blown inflammatory.

I think it's just triggering into the placebo effect cause it's subconscious.

On the other hand my brother never gave a poo about his acne and is the most carefree person out there yet he constantly had severe boil-like acne until accutane.

It's a tricky one!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/19/2015 11:22 am

Feels like Lucas is a troll, always post negative things on different threads. Dude if you are feeling so bad do not let your negativity

contaminate other people's word of encouragement. Just because you feel bad doesn't mean other people have to

You have contributed literally nothing to to this forum except for one attack post against another member yet you call me a "troll".

If the placebo effect is real and stress triggers acne then why was my acne worse when I was positive/not stressed out?

Maybe you just don't recognize the feelings. I have / had that problem. I would say "I'm fine" to everyone when I was clearly not and I didn't even recognize that I was not well.

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 09/26/2015 10:31 am

Stress triggers acne more than diet or anything else.