Notifications
Clear all

I Got Sunburnt And My Skin Went Crazy... Help!

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/22/2015 6:19 pm

Hi! I am a 14 year old girl and I've had pretty moderate acne for about a year now. I've been to a few dermatologists and after trying a few treatments, I decided to go pretty gentle and natural for treatment since I have extremely sensitive skin. Now I don't really get whiteheads anymore, except for a few around my period. I've had small, flat, red marks covering my cheeks for a few months now (Not really anything in my T-Zone). They have their good days and bad days, but they are a pain and they drive me CRAZY. They're pretty easy to cover with makeup when I need to go out but I absolutely hate the chore of applying it.

I've been pretty clear for a while, but today I was out in the sun for a while (unfortunately without sunscreen) and got burnt on top of my cheeks and now they're covered in the spots again, even in places I didn't have them before!

I hope to god this will clear up or at least there will be less inflammation when my skin heals from the sunburn. But for now does anybody have any suggestions for what I should do?

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

~kay

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/22/2015 7:33 pm

I've noticed that the Acne.org moisturizer soothes sunburn b/c it contains licochalcone.

Thanks, I will try it or something similar :) and btw its been a few hours and redness/inflammation has seemed to go down.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 08/22/2015 11:50 pm

try using a natural quality aloe vera gel (something like jason 98% aloe gel). If it is good quality (make sure it's not mostly alcohol and water) it will soothe your sunburn and aloe is known to help acne as well.