Notifications
Clear all

Aha+ Lotion For Keratosis Pilaris

MemberMember
(@crumam)

Posted : 08/21/2015 11:11 pm

So long story short, after several dermatologist tests and even a biopsy, I have been diagnosed with keratosis pilaris on my back, arms, and even the bends of my elbows. It's not terrible like it was a few months ago, more mild now, and It has improved with apple cider vinegar believe it or not, but my derm gave me prescription amlactin 10 days ago. I started using it and do not like it, it is gummy, hard to apply, makes my skin sticky all day, and I feel like it's not really helping, in fact it is sort of worse (I don't know if that is normal in the beginning with a lactic acid product or what, I have heard some people say acids make your skin bring up all the bad stuff).

I currently have used acne,org AHA+ lotion for years on my face mixed with my regular lotion and I love the stuff. I can't remember if I ever even had a beginning breakout either because I've used it so long. My question is if I can use Dan's glycolic acid on my back and arms for keratosis pilaris and will it help this skin condition? I just feel it would be easier to apply and if I can handle it on my face, maybe it will work better on my back than this amlactin lotion, which is doing a lot of nothing right now. Please help!

MemberMember
(@crumam)

Posted : 08/22/2015 10:00 am

Thanks very much. I justt enjoy the fact that Dan's AHA absorbs well, and doesn't feel gummy/doesn't absorb well. My face seems to like his AHA, so maybe my back will too. Darn KP, so annoying! I can't find the eucerin around my area,perhaps online, but I figured I could try something that is in my cupboard before breaking the bank.

MemberMember
(@crumam)

Posted : 08/22/2015 2:11 pm

No I live in Pennsylvania, but not a ton of choices in my area, so I do order items online at times, dan's products included. I do love his aha and his BP, in fact I used his benzoyl peroxide on my back and chest each night for years, and have been 100% clear for years, but with KP it's a different story. Unfortunately bp doesn't do anything for that, trust me I tried. I continue to use it on my face each night though, and I can still use the BP on my chest, so no harm done I guess.

Did the AHA on my arms and back this morning and I like it better already in terms of feeling, absorbs better doesn't feel tacky all day, etc. We shall see how it does with the bumps. I hope I don't get an initial purge, everyone is always talking about possible purging, but there is always arguments about whether that actually happens or you are just not responding well to a product. What's your take on that?

MemberMember
(@crumam)

Posted : 08/27/2015 2:54 pm

Just to update, unfortunately when I used this on my shoulders after 24 hours I got irritant contact dermatitis (something I often get with alot of lotions). It was actually tender and welting in those areas, so not a normal response :( After a few days it's getting better. oh well, I still love this AHA on my face, not sure why it works in one area and not the other, but I won't overthink this, my skin is just a mystery at times. I'm finding that bragg's apple cider vinegar mixed with distilled water in a spray bottle is helping the rash and my KP, and its very quick and simple to use. I think I'll just continue this method for awhile, its a cheap fix.