Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 20Mg/week

MemberMember
(@accutanenomz)

Posted : 08/21/2015 6:55 am

Hi! So I finished a full Accutane (Oratane) course about a month back with a cumulative dosage of around 6000mg. Skin was great, zero oil, flawless. However, the day after I took my last pill, I noticed the oil returning almost IMMEDIATELY and 5 days later, became significantly oily mostly on my T-zone. Talked to my derm, and he prescribed me 0.025% tretinoin cream (Retacnyl). Have been trying it out for a month and it has not helped with the oiliness at all. I also have an increase in blackheads and whiteheads. I'm really concerned that the oil returned so quickly so I talked to my derm again, and he told me I could try taking 10mg twice a week. That's what I will be starting on soon!

Anyone with similar experiences or had/is currently on similar microdoses of Accutane, please share! :)

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/22/2015 1:44 pm

A third of people need a second course, unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@xiang5796)

Posted : 08/22/2015 8:22 pm

Nothing can shrink you oil gland permenantly...

MemberMember
(@accutanenomz)

Posted : 08/23/2015 9:03 am

A third of people need a second course, unfortunately.

Nothing can shrink you oil gland permenantly...

Have you guys been on a similar course?

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/24/2015 5:32 pm

I'm only just over a month in. For lots of people their oil production does reduce permanently, but for most people the oil seems to return. Acne doesn't always return with the oil.

MemberMember
(@accutanenomz)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:20 am

I'm only just over a month in. For lots of people their oil production does reduce permanently, but for most people the oil seems to return. Acne doesn't always return with the oil.

On 20mg/week as well? I would appreciate it if you would update your progress here!

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/26/2015 6:32 am

Every time I think I'm staring to clear, I wake up with a new sore cyst. Over the last week I haven't been able to pop a single one. I just hurt myself. I'm pretty frustrated, but I'm sticking with it. My skin is still oily, but flaky.

MemberMember
(@accutanenomz)

Posted : 08/26/2015 7:57 am

Every time I think I'm staring to clear, I wake up with a new sore cyst. Over the last week I haven't been able to pop a single one. I just hurt myself. I'm pretty frustrated, but I'm sticking with it. My skin is still oily, but flaky.

Trust me, I know how you feel. I only truly stopped breaking out about 5 months into my course. I had SO many whiteheads below the skin and they all took forever to purge out of my skin. But it did, of course, eventually clear up.