Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling, Dermarolling? Need Help Please

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 08/20/2015 3:12 pm

Hey guys,

I need advice, I really want to try the dermaroller but I need advice, i want to know what brands etc to use.

I finished accutane one year ago i was on it for 6 months and ever since i have been left with quite dry sensitive skin with acne dents (rolling scars, some shallow icepick) mainly all over my cheeks, my skin scars now if i get one spot. I think accutane has changed my skins healing properties. AAAAANYWAY, will the dermaroller be safe to use? It wont make any scarring worse will it.

thankyou for taking the time to reply to this

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 3:29 pm

Brands don't matter, number of needles and length do.

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 08/20/2015 3:56 pm

Brands don't matter, number of needles and length do.

'

thanks! soooo what would be most beneficial please?

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 4:04 pm

2mm is optimal for scars, but a 1.5mm will work too.

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 08/20/2015 4:05 pm

2mm is optimal for scars, but a 1.5mm will work too.

thanks and do you have to use a serum? or can you do without it?

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 4:44 pm

Topicals are highly advised, yes.

MemberMember
(@roboot44hotmail-com)

Posted : 08/22/2015 5:56 am

I have a question.

What kind of downtime is involved with derma rolling? I have a 1.5mm roller which I plan to use and I would like to know how long the healing process is. Can I do it on a Friday night and show up to work on Monday? Will it be noticeable? or will it just look like a sunburn?

Also how long would I have to avoid the sun for?

cheers,

rob

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 08/22/2015 8:13 am

It depends on how agressive you go. But generally you will look okay at day 3, but your skin will still look sunburnt and I think by day 4 or 5 your skin will start to peel so it might look scabby. For me it takes 1 week to look presentable and 2 weeks for my skin to completely return to normal.

MemberMember
(@roboot44hotmail-com)

Posted : 08/22/2015 10:30 am

I plan to go pretty aggressive so that it works! If by day 3 I could pass it off as a a sunburn then I think that would be fine with me. I just dont want to have to be in "hiding" for like a week

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/22/2015 11:43 am

If I needle with 2.0m on Friday @ 5, i'll be good to go by Sunday morning with a slight sun burn look that will go away by the end of the day

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/22/2015 11:57 am

The more aggressive you are the better your results will be.

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 08/22/2015 12:54 pm

ok thanks for all the replys! Today i bought a 1.5mm dermaroller and i quit tanning (although im quite tanned naturally) i want to give my skin the best possible chance of recovery, i feel that i didnt take care of my skin as well as i could have after accutane, but at the same time i dont think its too late to treat my skin with lots of care and i will never stop striving for smooth skin!

wish me luck friends x

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/23/2015 1:19 am

I've long suspected that for some people, healing abilities do change after Accutane. I noticed this myself. I had several punch excisions before Accutane and they healed well. After Accutane, punch excisions healed poorly. I suspect it has to do with the decrease in oil production after Accutane as it shrinks the oil glands substantially.

You might want to start off slow and monitor it.

MemberMember
(@roboot44hotmail-com)

Posted : 08/23/2015 4:16 am

I have another question if anyone can help. I was just wondering what the proper safety procedure is for derma rolling. Like, what is the step by step method that you guys use when you're doing it so that your skin doesn't become infected? Do you use rubbing alcohol? etc

Any help would be great, thanks.

Rob

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 08/23/2015 2:19 pm

ok thanks for all the replys! Today i bought a 1.5mm dermaroller and i quit tanning (although im quite tanned naturally) i want to give my skin the best possible chance of recovery, i feel that i didnt take care of my skin as well as i could have after accutane, but at the same time i dont think its too late to treat my skin with lots of care and i will never stop striving for smooth skin!

wish me luck friends x

I've long suspected that for some people, healing abilities do change after Accutane. I noticed this myself. I had several punch excisions before Accutane and they healed well. After Accutane, punch excisions healed poorly. I suspect it has to do with the decrease in oil production after Accutane as it shrinks the oil glands substantially.

You might want to start off slow and monitor it.

thanks, Can i ask you when you were on accutane how many times, dosage etc? and did your oil production ever ramp up again. I know that everyone is different! just curious.