Notifications
Clear all

I've Tried Everything

MemberMember
(@gobbers)

Posted : 08/19/2015 2:28 pm

Hello,

I've been suffering with Acne since I was 18 and I am now 22 years old. My acne started out just on my cheeks and is combination of red spots and white heads. It's only seemed to get progressively worse and now it has started to appear on my forehead/bridge of my nose as of the last month after living with it for four years on my cheeks.

I have tried nearly everything in the book so far, seeking advice from doctors and dermatologists. I have taken the following in the past to treat my ace to no avail:

Accutane, Acnecide, Oxytetracycline, Isotretinoin (prescribed by dermatologist was on a 5 month course which at the end of it they wanted to extend, to which I declined due to becoming depressed, which is a common side effect, they then put me on the gel format which also did nothing after 5 extra months).

Now when I go to the doctor's they pretty much shrug at me.

I have also tried other means such as sudocrem, aloe vera, concentrate tea tree oil and taking Omega 3 supplements in case that helped.

My acne has never improved and has shown no signs of ever getting better.

My sister also has acne and has had it for around a year and she is 17, so we must have inherited bad skin somewhere down the family tree.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all for me to try? This vastly effects my confidence and self esteem. I have thought of maybe using sun beds or going down the cosmetic route and having laser treatment. In terms of diet I have a pretty much balanced diet and my BMI is average.

Thanks

Alex

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/19/2015 2:59 pm

wouldn't recommend sun beds as they will prolong your post acne marks.

do a search on the acne.org forums for the word "cure", this will pull up some useful threads with advice you can try which might work for you.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/19/2015 5:18 pm

try photo dynamic therapy - they put an acid on your face ALA and you incubate then it's activated with red and blue light....it's what they do for pre cancerous lesions....it can be very helpful in shrinking the sebaceous glands

also clean up your diet if you haven't, ditch dairy if you haven't and see what happens, it's a trigger for many

but do look into the acne PDTs, expensive but if you can swing it, that's where I would go next

MemberMember
(@uncledrew3)

Posted : 08/19/2015 5:25 pm

You haven't tried everything. The only things you have tried are bunch of antibiotics and manufactured chemicals to clean your face. Maybe your skin is telling you that you need a more natural approach so that it can heal. Just washing with water has helped a lot of people.

lunabear7 liked
MemberMember
(@1965er)

Posted : 08/20/2015 6:23 am

You may wanna try rose water with orange peel !

Dry some cleaned orange peel in the sun and grind them into powder. Mix two sppons of the powder with rose water to form a smooth paste. Apply the mixture over the affacted area for about 20 minutes. Wash off with clean water.

Orange peel has high vitamin C content and is acidic. Rosewater is a natural toner and can remove excessive oil from the skin. It will cleanse the pores by killing the bacteria that causes acne.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 09/04/2015 3:57 pm

If accutane didn't help you that means this is not acne. Go give blood tests, it may be some sort of a infection.

MemberMember
(@nightwild)

Posted : 09/05/2015 1:43 pm

"Hydroquinone +Trentinon+Momestone furote cream " at night time your acne and marks will be clear

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 09/05/2015 8:04 pm

Try a raw organic honey mask overnight. Do that just once and then use it as a regular 20 min mask every day. It is sticky and annoying but it is very effective. I've had big red pimples/cysts die out and dry up in 2 days when using the honey. And smaller pimples/whiteheads go away in less than a day... It also fades red marks. And shrinks pores.